Preview RND 1 - Carlton v Richmond - 7:25PM Thursday 22nd March @ MCG - Team - post #1352

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweep the leg

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
images

Geez he was miles out & it went thru pretty high too. It was like he was on the wing. Get down to the tour, its good fun & you hear some stories & get to walk in the footsteps of champions. Anyone know the exact distance?

Wiki reckons the shot was taken "at around" 80 metres out.

I was there... dumbfounded.. my north supporting friend was delirious we threw him out if the car on the way home...we still laugh about it

Im not expecting a win as I think they are a better side and should win. Be interesting to see how we go without Gibbs and Doc - how much that will impact us with 2 experienced ball winners out. I know we brought in Kennedy and Cripps is back but will Byrne cover the loss of Doc and how much will Gibbs 25 touches and 5 tackles be missed, especially early on in the season until others step up.

Looking to be competitive and within striking distance at 3/4 time and as per last year looking for improvement from the guys 0-50games (the future). Just think tigers too strong for our young side

I was there... dumbfounded.. my north supporting friend was delirious we threw him out if the car on the way home...we still laugh about it

Was also there, biggest torp i ever saw.

Blight became one of my favourite non carlton players, still rate him as a top 10 of all time

Well, you can see he had just passed the point of the center square when he kicked it and it was still well above the height of the goal posts when it went through, so it was truly a massive roost.
I'd be curious to know how far it would have travelled if the stands hadn't been in the way! :eek:

Im not expecting a win as I think they are a better side and should win. Be interesting to see how we go without Gibbs and Doc - how much that will impact us with 2 experienced ball winners out. I know we brought in Kennedy and Cripps is back but will Byrne cover the loss of Doc and how much will Gibbs 25 touches and 5 tackles be missed, especially early on in the season until others step up.

Looking to be competitive and within striking distance at 3/4 time and as per last year looking for improvement from the guys 0-50games (the future). Just think tigers too strong for our young side
i just think 2 things have changed since last year.
# they had a dream injury run and almost every player was available every week. cant see it happening again.
# every team that they played in the finals thought that they were better than the tigers. as a result apart from trying to put a bit of work into dusty the coaches pretty much backed their team to beat them with no plan b. coaches will be looking to pick them apart this year and bolts appears to be one of the best at doing this.
we will acquit ourselves very well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s how I feel about every game
"ItsAllAboutMe said:
I dont know if i am totally deluded but I am going on Thursday night with expectations of winning the game, and will be disappointed if we dont."

IF Houli and Prestia join Broad and Rioli on the sidelines AND
IF Jones can hold Reiwoldt AND
IF we can get Charlie to drag Rance all around the ground and everytime he tries to drop back in the hole have Casboult and McKay jump all over him AND
IF we can get Cripps and Kennedy to work Dusty over at the stoppages AND
IF Ed can take Cotchin out of the Game AND
IF we can get our young outside runners rebounding off ouor intercept markers down back and cutting them up through the middle

I think we are a real chance. Pretty simple really.

Well, you can see he had just passed the point of the center square when he kicked it and it was still well above the height of the goal posts when it went through, so it was truly a massive roost.
I'd be curious to know how far it would have travelled if the stands hadn't been in the way! :eek:

If you watch the whole footage, it looks like he marked it at about where the 50m line would be. He then did the Lillee/Holding run up from about 80m and launched at about 65m. The ball went through at least another 20m, so 85-90 all up I reckon.

Geez he was miles out & it went thru pretty high too. It was like he was on the wing. Get down to the tour, its good fun & you hear some stories & get to walk in the footsteps of champions. Anyone know the exact distance?

We’re doing it next month

i just think 2 things have changed since last year.
# they had a dream injury run and almost every player was available every week. cant see it happening again.
# every team that they played in the finals thought that they were better than the tigers. as a result apart from trying to put a bit of work into dusty the coaches pretty much backed their team to beat them with no plan b. coaches will be looking to pick them apart this year and bolts appears to be one of the best at doing this.
we will acquit ourselves very well.

Im not saying they will win the flag but as of today they are a better side than us and I expect them to beat us Thursday night. Im hoping we are within striking distance at 3/4 time and who knows what happens then, but reckon a 4-5 goals loss

Did the tour last week, great fun. Tony says 70m including past the goals. Showed my sons later on YouTube as they didn't believe it and it really is an incredible torp.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back