Preview RND 1 - Carlton v Richmond - 7:25PM Thursday 22nd March @ MCG - Team - post #1352

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

No he needs to play when he's earned it and is thus ready.

We don't gift games. Only idiots do that.

Teague s talked about McKay needing continuity, I would suggest that means getting used to playing in the same forward lne as Charlie JSOS and Levi and building up his game, not running around in the2's with Kerridge and Graham delivering you the ball.

And games can be earned in other ways than just good games, McKays of season work is an example.

It should be remembered that in Josh Kennedy's first 29games he kicked 19 goals.
Joe Daniher kicked 21 in his first 23
Franklin kicked 21 in his first20

McKay doesn't need to be good, he just needs to play
A little difficult to argue with. Big Harry must play when ready.

Biggest question has to be his fitness. Setbacks first two seasons, couple of months after his 20th birthday,
at last report 204cm (potentially still growing). Pre season hindered by "turf toe" rehab.
Has to be underdone, only insiders know to what degree, but absolutely should play if fitness and condition OK.

I am one who believes we are closer to contending than most on here think, but continue to be astounded by
the tone. A huge percentage on here want to write the boy off when he has a least two years to maturity. At
the same time preaching 2020 onwards as "our time". How the **** to we get there if we do not nurture the
key pillars of our rebuild?

When Harry is fit and "mature" then, and only then do the critics on here have some call to question his
intensity and the like. I want to see him play ASAP, happy to wait if he needs to top up his conditioning in
the opinion of Bolts and co., but the too tall, team balance issues must be set aside to ensure our future.

Unless C.Curnow plays a larger midfield role, which I honestly don't want to see him playing, I cant see him being picked in the 22 due to team balance as has been mentioned. Not maturity, that shouldn't be an issue for a player in his 3rd season. As mobile as H is for his size, four tall's will restrict our run, especially in the forward half as we have lost pace in Pickett. I would love for him to play, but i'm not dropping Cas, CC or JSOS at the moment for him. He has shown glimpses of how he can work well up the ground and get involved in a contest (St Kilda JLT, 3rd or/and 4th qtr specifically was very good), as well as take contested marks inside 50. Thats the sort of stuff he needs to do at CHF, or out of the square at FF if he plays there.

If he is part of the 22 that run out onto the G in just under 48 hours though, I will support him and hope he smashes it whilst being a pivotal factor in us pushing for a big win. I just can't see it though at the minute. Think he will break through into the 22 at some point this season though and keep his spot.

Unless C.Curnow plays a larger midfield role, which I honestly don't want to see him playing, I cant see him being picked in the 22 due to team balance as has been mentioned. As mobile as H is for his size, four tall's will restrict our run, especially in the forward half as we have lost pace in Pickett. I would love for him to play, but i'm not dropping Cas, CC or JSOS at the moment for him. He has shown glimpses of how he can work well up the ground and get involved in a contest (St Kilda JLT, 3rd or/and 4th qtr specifically was very good), as well as take contested marks inside 50. Thats the sort of stuff he needs to do at CHF, or out of the square at FF if he plays there.

If he is part of the 22 that run out onto the G in just under 48 hours though, I will support him and hope he smashes it whilst being a pivotal factor in us pushing for a big win. I just can't see it though at the minute. Think he will break through into the 22 at some point this season though and keep his spot.

This bolded part.

I'd be very surprised to see him round 1, but I expect he'll break into the team and become a regular in the second half of the year.

This bolded part.

I'd be very surprised to see him round 1, but I expect he'll break into the team and become a regular in the second half of the year.

Yep. He's showing the signs he's going to do so. Whether its Thursday or not, reckon it's going to happen this season at some point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are enough measurable kpis that dont give a shit what level you’re playing. Harry will play when he meets those. If he isn’t meeting those and isn’t getting games in the ones it’s not because he’s not getting better by being left in the vfl it’s because he can’t/ isn’t hitting his process goals properly.

My team for Thursday night

DEF: Plowman Jones Weitering
HB: Byrne Marchbank Simpson
R: Kreuzer Cripps Kennedy
C: Petrevski-Seton Murphy Dow
HF: Kerridge C.Curnow Wright
FF: Silvagni Casboult Lamb

Int: E.Curnow, Thomas, Fisher, Garlett (if fit)

Emg: McKay, Cuningham

Wish were fit - Docherty (obviously) and Williamson

To be honest we need an extra defender with Willo out.. Mullet or O'Shea (more likely Mullet) could nab a game here.. unless I'm forgetting someone

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

My team for Thursday night

DEF: Plowman Jones Weitering
HB: Byrne Marchbank Simpson
R: Kreuzer Cripps Kennedy
C: Petrevski-Seton Murphy Dow
HF: Kerridge C.Curnow Wright
FF: Silvagni Casboult Lamb

Int: E.Curnow, Thomas, Fisher, Garlett (if fit)

Emg: McKay, Cuningham

Wish were fit - Docherty (obviously) and Williamson

To be honest we need an extra defender with Willo out.. Mullet or O'Shea (more likely Mullet) could nab a game here.. unless I'm forgetting someone

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cuningham for Kerridge and I'm on board.

They are talking this up as a training drill over on the Richmond board. IF the gods smiled on us and we pulled a win out of our HAT, I would be the first on the Tiggies board to see the, what do they call it, meltdown? Would just love to see their pain....and excuses.

as the game goes on the big men don't get any shorter.
A good big man will beat a good little man, when the game is getting hot! But a great big man, will beat anyman he'll beat the bloody lot! He's the all bionic footballer the blueprint of the man..

Any guesses where I dragged this from?..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back