Preview RND 1 - Carlton v Richmond - 7:25PM Thursday 22nd March @ MCG - Team - post #1352

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are talking this up as a training drill over on the Richmond board. IF the gods smiled on us and we pulled a win out of our HAT, I would be the first on the Tiggies board to see the, what do they call it, meltdown? Would just love to see their pain....and excuses.
I think they were foolish to add metal swipe thingies to their membership cards! Talk about ignoring the past

The umpire holds the ball up! The Grand final's about to start, you don't feel the thunder rising..... just the beating of your heart

Your up against the mighty Blues... Your young, your strong ,your quick, but you'd reckoned without the power, of the Cold blue eyes of big Nick:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

I love Mike Brady and can sing more if requested!:eek:

My team for Richmond.

I personally think we are short on mature body midfielders so maybe there might be a left wing selection. Lang would be huge. Garlett nice as well.

Given Richmond's line up I think we need to shift a tall defender or get exposed at ground level and run. The only player with class to go fwd is Weitering. Would do it this game to stretch their backline. Prefer Weitering over Mckay who looked completely lost in JLT...and Jones has had many a chance fwd without success.

It's a choice between Cuningham, O Shea and Mullet for that small defender role. Backing in the class pick here with not much to go on. Cuningham has speed but don't want to see him give away free kicks.

Plowman Jones Simpson
Cuningham Marchbank Byrne
Murphy Cripps SPS
JSOS Curnow Fisher
Wright Casbault Weitering
Krooze Kennedy Curnow

Dow, Lamb, Garlett (if fit), ?

A little difficult to argue with. Big Harry must play when ready.

Biggest question has to be his fitness. Setbacks first two seasons, couple of months after his 20th birthday,
at last report 204cm (potentially still growing). Pre season hindered by "turf toe" rehab.
Has to be underdone, only insiders know to what degree, but absolutely should play if fitness and condition OK.

I am one who believes we are closer to contending than most on here think, but continue to be astounded by
the tone. A huge percentage on here want to write the boy off when he has a least two years to maturity. At
the same time preaching 2020 onwards as "our time". How the **** to we get there if we do not nurture the
key pillars of our rebuild?

When Harry is fit and "mature" then, and only then do the critics on here have some call to question his
intensity and the like. I want to see him play ASAP, happy to wait if he needs to top up his conditioning in
the opinion of Bolts and co., but the too tall, team balance issues must be set aside to ensure our future.

I like what your saying, but your paragraph structure..........not so much!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

My team for Thursday night

DEF: Plowman Jones Weitering
HB: Byrne Marchbank Simpson
R: Kreuzer Cripps Kennedy
C: Petrevski-Seton Murphy Dow
HF: Kerridge C.Curnow Wright
FF: Silvagni Casboult Lamb

Int: E.Curnow, Thomas, Fisher, Garlett (if fit)

Emg: McKay, Cuningham

Wish were fit - Docherty (obviously) and Williamson

To be honest we need an extra defender with Willo out.. Mullet or O'Shea (more likely Mullet) could nab a game here.. unless I'm forgetting someone

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app[/QUOTE

DEF: Plowman Jones Simpson
HB: Byrne Weitering Mullett
C: Petrevski-Seton Murphy Marchbank
HF: Fisher C.Curnow Wright
FF: McKay Casboult Garlett

Int: E.Curnow, Thomas, Dow, JSOS

Emg: Cuningham

McKay was close in JLT. Deserves a crack. 2018 not our year. We need to get 20-40games into him.

Go Blues.

Stranger things have happened, but I'll be stunned if we are able to walk away from Thursday night with a win. Richmond are obviously a far better side than us right now and deserve to be heavy favorites.

As long as we're competitive and we continue to see growth in our younger players I'll be very happy. Anything more than that is a bonus.

Stranger Things 3 will happen, maybe earlier than the producers want.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We said the same thing about Kennedy. Then he went to West Coast and slotted straight into their ones.

He need continuity of games in the seniors.

Absolutely

Bombers persisted with daniher and it paid off

It always surprises me the amount of talk that happens around McKay and the lingering doubts.

He is still so young in football terms - considering he is a KP and his overall experience

And when you consider what happened to him in 2016 with injury this is essentially his 2nd year. Still plenty of upside to be realised

NO MORE SLEEPS, PEEPS!

I know it's not game day yet, but who TF is going to be able to sleep tonight? I'm too excited.

The season is almost here, I can smell it. Or maybe I need to wash my socks more often....

The thing with McKay is he is a project player imo. If he was taken at 28 in the draft instead of 8 I think we would all be thinking he needs more time before he is ready. Really from a junior right through to seniors he has only shown potential.
I'm not sure what the best way to get the most out of him is and I actually think it's really just guess work. That's why I don't like the idea of weakening the side for one player who we may or may not be helping.
It just reminds me of what Melbourne done and until we can carry players (when half our side are already kids) I think trying to grow a strong culture is much more important

It always surprises me the amount of talk that happens around McKay and the lingering doubts.

He is still so young in football terms - considering he is a KP and his overall experience

And when you consider what happened to him in 2016 with injury this is essentially his 2nd year. Still plenty of upside to be realised

I don't think anyone is writing him off yet, or even disappointed with what he has shown.

I think it's mostly people agreeing with you. He's still a huge, growing kid that lost an important development year.

The argument is more along the lines of; do we play him when he is ready or does he get ready by playing him?

My 2c is he needs to show some form in the 2s before getting his spot. He doesn't need to dominate, but he needs to be leading, chasing, clunking a few marks and showing he's doing what the coaches ask.

I think that kind of thing is the blueprint for all players, no matter how talented.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone is writing him off yet, or even disappointed with what he has shown.

I think it's mostly people agreeing with you. He's still a huge, growing kid that lost an important development year.

The argument is more along the lines of; do we play when he is ready or does he get ready by playing him?

My 2c is he needs to show some form in the 2s before getting his spot. He doesn't need to dominate, but he needs to be leading, chasing, clunking a few marks and showing he's doing what the coaches ask.

I think that kind of thing is the blueprint for all players, no matter how talented.
Sounds right and It's hard to gauge what is the level of output required. For all we know the coaching staff might be happy with his JLT form.

Reviews might show he did everything right in positioning, chasing and pressure but didn't get the ball delivered the way it should.

My team for Thursday night

DEF: Plowman Jones Weitering
HB: Byrne Marchbank Simpson
C: Petrevski-Seton Murphy Dow
HF: Kerridge C.Curnow Wright
FF: Silvagni Casboult Lamb

Int: E.Curnow, Thomas, Fisher, Garlett (if fit)

Emg: McKay, Cuningham

Wish were fit - Docherty (obviously) and Williamson

To be honest we need an extra defender with Willo out.. Mullet or O'Shea (more likely Mullet) could nab a game here.. unless I'm forgetting someone

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Think you're going to be disappointed if you don't expect Daisy in that team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back