Preview RND 1 - Carlton v Richmond Thursday 17th March 7.25PM @ MCG - Team Post #851

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
have we completed the 66 game thingy now?
The 66-game rebuild is complete! Now begins the 66-game refurbishment... with paddles!

PwZJN1.gif

Forecast is 24 degrees at bouncedown, humid, showers with the chance of a thunderstorm. Not sure who those conditions help.

Can’t help but feel people are getting ahead of themselves and the melts post this game will be at ridiculous levels.

So many here are putting our group up on a pedestal and not respecting a footy club that would be hell bent on responding to a poor season last year

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
A couple of things... the word melts is ****ed, let's go with passion.
Also tigers are ****ing shit mate, 12th last year, their shit tap on at all
cost has stopped working for them.
A major **** wit for a coach who gladly the players have realised his arrogance and put downs and blokey hard man shit ain't cool these days. Seriously an easy 6 to 8 goal win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blues V Tigers banter thread....... We are being heavily outnumbered . So far only Arrow and I that I have seen flying the flag.

LOVE TO SEE some of our erudite contributors give it to those dumbfounded, brain dead, moronic, mullet headed tigga fans .

We have been invited.....lets give it to em.
I know what you mean. Ive had a few looks and they are taking much delight at our poor record aginst them. Its hard to say too much though as the record is so in their favour and hence why theyre up and about in that thread. Just got to get the win....it will be hillarious reading through their autopsy thread.

Disagree regarding Balta and Martin.

Balta will most likely play forward imo and will be a worry. Actually think might be a good match up with McGovern. Balta is an absolute gun. Think he's good enough for AA this year.

I don't see Martin having the form to kick 4. To be honest I don't think it's his role.

Our game plan is obviously to get it to the forward half before bombing deep into the 50. That's why we're running it out so often. Which means we're going to score quite often from deep marks or crumbing goals. Martin doesn't normally find himself in this region. However he might be the one delivering into this region quite often.

It doesn't mean he won't score goals, however unlikely to be 4 like he did in his first game.

Re Balta, he'll play back if no Grimes and Vlastuin - that was my presumption.

A gun? We'll see.

He'll get cold up forward - with out mids dominating! ;)

Martin? He kicked 4 in a quarter on debut v the Tigers.

He's a freak, form? Not really relevant going into Rd 1.

Did he have an interrupted pre season? Don't know...with Chuck and Harry as main targets, Jack can readily get off the leash.

Where I'm hoping we'll go:

FB: Docherty Young McGovern
HB: Williams Weitering Saad
C: Setterfield Cerra O'Brien
HF: Martin C.Curnow Fisher
FF: JSOS McKay Durdin

R: TDK Cripps Hewett

Int:
Kemp, E.Curnow, Kennedy, Williamson

EMG: Pittonet, Plowman, Dow, Fogarty
Is durdin fit? Re coming off early against saints?

Blues V Tigers banter thread....... We are being heavily outnumbered . So far only Arrow and I that I have seen flying the flag.

LOVE TO SEE some of our erudite contributors give it to those dumbfounded, brain dead, moronic, mullet headed tigga fans .

We have been invited.....lets give it to em.
I admire what you are doing but we dont have much to stand on. Till we break the drought and beat them hard to say much

I know what you mean. Ive had a few looks and they are taking much delight at our poor record aginst them. Its hard to say too much though as the record is so in their favour and hence why theyre up and about in that thread. Just got to get the win....it will be hillarious reading through their autopsy thread.
Agree. We really don't have too much to stand on.

Having more flags only takes you so far.

Biggest questions I have for round 1:

1. If Doc is selected, where does he play?
2. McDonald or Young?
3. Who will be the surprise inclusion that no one sees coming?
4. Who will be the disappointing/ I thought we were over this guy selection?
5. To TDK or not to TDK?
1. Back
2. Mcdonald
3. Boyd
4. Newman
5. TDk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back