I'm having another go at my round 1 team

B- Docherty Casboult Jones
HB- Williamson Weitering Newman
C- Walsh Cripps SPS
HF- Cuningham Kennedy Martin
F- Betts De Koning JSOS
R- Kreuzer Murphy Curnow
Int- Fisher Gibbons Setterfield O'Brien

Curnow and McKay are 100% missing with injury.

Plowman and Marchbank have both been struggling with injuries plus IMO Casboult is better as a defender and a head of both of them.

McGovern is in no form at all and need to come back in the VFL.

Simpson seem out of touch and Williamson did enough for me to think he has over taken Simpson. Newman is need for his meters gained.

Cripps, Murphy and Ed are our starting inside mids with Fisher, SPS, Walsh, Setterfield and Gibbons to rotate through there.

I think with our forward 6 the goal is to lock the ball in. Betts, Martin, JSOS, Cuningham and Kennedy with Fisher and Gibbons to rotate through can put a lot of pressure to keep the ball in our forward 50.

With this team IMO we have our best 6 defenders. We have a strong midfield to drive the ball into our forward 50 and a forward group that is hard working.

I know this team won't happen, I just wanted to do something a bit different and I think it works.

C- Walsh Cripps SPS
F- Betts De Koning JSOS
R- Kreuzer Murphy Curnow

Plowman and Marchbank have both been struggling with injuries plus IMO Casboult is better as a defender and a head of both of them.

Simpson seem out of touch and Williamson did enough for me to think he has over taken Simpson. Newman is need for his meters gained.

Cripps, Murphy and Ed are our starting inside mids with Fisher, SPS, Walsh, Setterfield and Gibbons to rotate through there.

I think with our forward 6 the goal is to lock the ball in. Betts, Martin, JSOS, Cuningham and Kennedy with Fisher and Gibbons to rotate through can put a lot of pressure to keep the ball in our forward 50.

With this team IMO we have our best 6 defenders. We have a strong midfield to drive the ball into our forward 50 and a forward group that is hard working.

I know this team won't happen, I just wanted to do something a bit different and I think it works.
Mcgovern is playing. Just listen to Teague rave about him followed up by Docherty in the captains day today. He got kms into his legs during the game. I bet he held back because he won’t be going through what he has this last month then missing Richmond.

Interesting our VFL side was doing extremely well in the first half with SPS across half back then we’re overrun in the second when he was rested.

interesting that the afl side followed similarly in the second half once we took Curnow off Neale. Moved Murphy out of the middle then completely out of the game. Rotated dow fisher Martin and Setterfield on ball for the majority of the second half.

Polson went onto Cameron for 2-3 goals after Plowman was doing extremely well on him in the firsts half.

I’m not thinking of a winv Richmond but I truly believe our preseason was fine. If we produce 3/4 like what we did in the first 1/4 v Brisbane we will be every chance. In reality I’m expecting a close 3 quarters and Richmond to go to another gear in the last again. Can we stick to our guns and still take the aggressive kick when the pressure comes? I don’t think we will surprise them again like 2018/2019 first rounds.

I know everyone here is raring to go about the beginning of the season, but for those who are gearing up to go to the game, some unsolicited advice: don't go.

The coronavirus isn't going to end civilisation, but it is going to travel through the population with very little to slow it down, and it will strongly jeopardise the lives of anyone who is remotely immunocompromised, and those who are possessing respiratory or cardiovascular conditions that will be further compounded by the as-now untreatable pneumonia that many suffer through infection.

Normally there's vaccines for diseases of this nature, and they serve to provide sufficient herd immunity and alleviation of hospital/medical resources by slowing the propagation of a virus so that we all can protect the vulnerable, and not overwhelm the system. We don't have that this time, which has the potential to put us in the same space of infection rates as the Spanish flu, and average mortality rates roughly consistent (though the age demographics and pathology are very different).

Here in Melbourne, we have one of the highest percentages of Chinese expats in the world behind its neighbouring countries/cities (alongside Sydney), and thus a strong connection with what appears to be ground zero for what is now basically a pandemic, so we are especially at risk.

People will rally around cries about 'Team Australia' and mateship; solidarity through trying times, and while that's a great sentiment to have, some will in turn twist that to mean not showing fear, or attacking sections of the community, and might think the best display of that will be a crowd of people puffing their chest out at the MCG in 9 days.

It is not.

The bravest and best thing you can do for your community right now is to minimise social contact, to follow public health advice, and to be especially careful around the vulnerable individuals in your community. We're lucky to live in an age where a lot of people can work from home, and have access to incredible amount of resources and entertainment as well. Make use of it! :)

I know everyone here is raring to go about the beginning of the season, but for those who are gearing up to go to the game, some unsolicited advice: don't go.

The coronavirus isn't going to end civilisation, but it is going to travel through the population with very little to slow it down, and it will strongly jeopardise the lives of anyone who is remotely immunocompromised, and those who are possessing respiratory or cardiovascular conditions that will be further compounded by the as-now untreatable pneumonia that many suffer through infection.

Normally there's vaccines for diseases of this nature, and they serve to provide sufficient herd immunity and alleviation of hospital/medical resources by slowing the propagation of a virus so that we all can protect the vulnerable, and not overwhelm the system. We don't have that this time, which has the potential to put us in the same space of infection rates as the Spanish flu, and average mortality rates roughly consistent (though the age demographics and pathology are very different).

Here in Melbourne, we have one of the highest percentages of Chinese expats in the world behind its neighbouring countries/cities (alongside Sydney), and thus a strong connection with what appears to be ground zero for what is now basically a pandemic, so we are especially at risk.

People will rally around cries about 'Team Australia' and mateship; solidarity through trying times, and while that's a great sentiment to have, some will in turn twist that to mean not showing fear, or attacking sections of the community, and might think the best display of that will be a crowd of people puffing their chest out at the MCG in 9 days.

It is not.

The bravest and best thing you can do for your community right now is to minimise social contact, to follow public health advice, and to be especially careful around the vulnerable individuals in your community. We're lucky to live in an age where a lot of people can work from home, and have access to incredible amount of resources and entertainment as well. Make use of it! :)

That's right, everyone stay at home...

So I can watch the game in person, alone and in peace.

That's right, everyone stay at home...

So I can watch the game in person, alone and in peace.
I'm trying to make your job easier, instead of you being drafted into a government task force to help oversee a field hospital ward, and this is the thanks I get. :p

I'm trying to make your job easier, instead of you being drafted into a government task force to help oversee a field hospital ward, and this is the thanks I get. :p

I just hope the shit hitting the fan can wait a week and a half until I am finished with my emergency rotation. :poo:

Don't think I'll be draft eligible then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

C- Walsh Cripps SPS
F- Betts De Koning JSOS
R- Kreuzer Murphy Curnow

👏👏✅✅

true blue you are 100% on the mark with Levi in defence. Has to happen.

think McGov plays though and agree with De Koning. And like Kennedy as another marking Fwd in front of Jack. Better kick than Jack.

Collingwood game meant nothing, Freo and Brissy games meant a little more but I still don't read into it too much.

I am going to reserve judgement on our 2020 form for when we actually play real matches for premiership points.
Any more common sense responses and I will have to have you shackled and whipped. Nothing but histrionics and irrational doomsday hyperbole from here on in thanks.

Jsos in front of Kennedy everyday of the week! He might be better in the air but he doesn’t work to keep the ball in the area or have repeat efforts
👏👏✅✅

true blue you are 100% on the mark with Levi in defence. Has to happen.

think McGov plays though and agree with De Koning. And like Kennedy as another marking Fwd in front of Jack. Better kick than Jack.

Nothing but histrionics and irrational doomsday hyperbole from here on in thanks.

Irrational devotion from a group of people who are blind to reality, share similar ridiculous beliefs, worshipping a larger than life figure who will deliver them salvation and save them from a doomsday situation?

That sounds like a cult. I'd never join one of those.

But hey, how awesome will it be when Cripps delivers us a premiership...

Irrational devotion from a group of people who are blind to reality, sharing similar unrealistic expectations, worshipping a larger than life figure who will deliver you salvation and save you from a doomsday situation?

That sounds like a cult. I'd never join one of those.

But hey, how awesome will it be when Cripps delivers us a premiership...

Gee that doesn't sound like anything we have seen before, what could go wrong! If Cripps fails though going to have to nail him to something!

My side for round 1

B- Plowmen Casboult Jones
HB- Docherty Weitering Simpson
C- Walsh Cripps SPS
HF- Jsos McGovern Martin
F- Betts De Koning Gibbons
R- Kreuzer Murphy Curnow
Int- Fisher Newman Setterfield Dow
Em: Obrien Newnes Willo
I know it all depends on match up but i love
Big Cas in our backline has played is career best games as a defender
Marchy needs a good block of games in the vfl looked along way off it the other night
I'm really concerned on the amount of players that are under done and I just can't see us winning but I'm hoping we are at least competitive for four qrts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back