Preview RND 1 - Carlton v Richmond Thursday 19th March 7.40pm (EST) @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ball hasn’t been bounced yet and we’ve already got posters tearing the team to shreds.

Relentless back and forth on the decision to play/cancel/suspend with seemingly no end in sight.

Yeah, it’s all a bit **** out there right now and it’s hardly going to blow over in the next fortnight....

...but **** it, despite all that, I’m looking forward to watching tomorrow’s game from the couch.

I’m logging out for a while. Maybe catch ya later.

Go Blues.

As opposed to laughing at the situation rather than entertaining a debate?

40 supremely fit athletes playing football won't make a difference to this pandemic, except bring some enjoyment to those at home.

You, like so many, have been swept up in the panic and have lost grip on reality.

Say what!?
The general public have been told not to hug or handshake other members of the public, yet playing a contact sport is fine....

Yet, thousands of us are still going to work everyday, exposed to 1000s of adults and kids at schools, in hospitals, on public transport.

If the government experts approve of it then I think I'll back them in over a few "experts" on Bigfooty.

I'm sure the AFL have more money in reserve than the NBL and Super Rugby. They simply do what they want.

You are entitled to your view. I think Gill has done a great job. There's no doubt this decision hasn't come lightly. They have looked at every scenario and under enormous pressure he made the only decision he could. Doctors, government, players, and coaches have all given the green light, for now.

Game on! Finally..

Let’s move past the doom and gloom. I get enough info and hysteria in the real world. We are all acutely aware of the pros and cons of starting the season in this current environment so let’s focus on the footy.

I like the team. Obviously short on our quality forwards but regardless I think that is the strongest/most balanced 22 available.

Richmond look formidable so we will need to be ‘on’ early. Game 1 of 2020 is upon us. Let’s hope it’s a beauty

40 supremely fit athletes playing football won't make a difference to this pandemic, except bring some enjoyment to those at home.

You, like so many, have been swept up in the panic and have lost grip on reality.

Yet, thousands of us are still going to work everyday, exposed to 1000s of adults and kids at schools, in hospitals, on public transport.

If the government experts approve of it then I think I'll back them in over a few "experts" on Bigfooty.

I think you are the one that has lost grip on reality, needing a game to justify your happiness and existence

Would you hold the same view if one of your immediate family members were more likely to contract the virus in a non essential environment, causing permanent injury or death?

Not panicking at all, I just have a realistic view of life's priorities

I'm a very passionate supporter but I'm not biased and unrealistic. Don't get me wrong I would love us to win but I just don't see us scoring a high enough to beat them and Jones and weitering will do there job but will be let down by our small defenders and there small forward will kick all the goals

See now no offence, but this is a rational post that has merit rather than your original 'we're on for a flogging' comment.

Clearly Richmond are the favourites and with good reason...they're the reigning premiers. I'm not expecting to win, but i'm hoping.

Their small forwards are certainly the biggest area of concern...they just work so well in sync with each other to turn opportunities into scores.
The other big issue is their cohesive and stingy back 6, against our relatively inexperienced forward 6 hit hard by injuries...i can also see us struggling to kick goals and may I50's being rebounded at speed.

However we were competitive in all our games last year under Teague (bar the last Geelong game at GMHBA) so i don't think there's any real reason to think we'll get flogged. Teague has us playing a competitive brand of footy.

So much meh. Can’t remember ever being this ambivalent about the start of a season.

Hope the bounce of the ball reignites some passion. Fear is the BF server may crash due to the overuse of the game day thread. You have been warned

The AFL are a complete joke. If its good enough for other comps around the world to postpone, then its good enough for the AFL. Gil has gotten this completely wrong.

The Coronavirus situation here is different to other places in the world.

Ultimately the AFL's decision to play fell within the Australian Government's rules set, so if you have a bone to pick with anyone, it's with the Australian Government or the medical practitioners they took advice from.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dunno about everyone else, but i for one am totally convinced that Gil(Bonus), his "working party" of Presidents, Eddie (McGuireMedia/Fox/Ch9) and Jeff Kennett (Ch7 Board Member) and Paul Marsh had the people's interests at heart in their decision making.

Been a footy media blackout for me this week, and that will continue other than watching the game out of boredom. People can think what they want about the decision/outcome....but the messaging has been/will be nauseous.

They only pull the snouts outta the trough long enough to breathe and then in it goes again.

Forward line will be interesting when Levi goes into the ruck. We will be relying on the midfielders/rebounders to create some direct and efficient entries - if we get caught in their defensive set up and bomb it long we’ll struggle (and then get killed on the rebound).
*still think the AFL will call it off tomorrow.

I think you are the one that has lost grip on reality, needing a game to justify your happiness and existence

Would you hold the same view if one of your immediate family members were more likely to contract the virus in a non essential environment, causing permanent injury or death?

Not panicking at all, I just have a realistic view of life's priorities

But it's not all about health care. It's a balance between health and commerce. The economy need to tick over. It can't stall. There needs to be a balance. That's why many of us are still going to the city to work. That's reality. You've tried to play the emotion card.

Forward line will be interesting when Levi goes into the ruck. We will be relying on the midfielders/rebounders to create some direct and efficient entries - if we get caught in their defensive set up and bomb it long we’ll struggle (and then get killed on the rebound).
*still think the AFL will call it off tomorrow.

Could get ugly when Levi's in the ruck...hopefully we can adjust and hit up some forwards on the lead.

And if our mids are forced to bomb it long under pressure, hopefully our other players, even the 'medium/smalls' can at least compete in the air and bring the ball to ground.

Would be nice if we were going into the game with Charlie & McKay, while they were missing Riewoldt & Lynch.

But it's not all about health care. It's a balance between health and commerce. The economy need to tick over. It can't stall. There needs to be a balance. That's why many of us are still going to the city to work. That's reality. You've tried to play the emotion card.

You are spot about commerce, in fact that is the government's/AFL/NRL number 1 priority, overriding

And, I don't make any decisions on emotions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back