VFL 2024 - Reserves Game Day discussion Rnds 2 - 21 (Merged threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Cooper Lord is some find. I’d blood him ahead of Carroll moving forward
I had to turn it off but a mate watching text me basically this. Said he’s seen enough of Carroll to know he “ain’t it” (I feel the same after his afl showings even tho he’s still relatively young)
Looking forward to seeing lord continue to develop/progress

Harry Sharp is one to monitor - runs like the wind and is a Victorian. Contracted to end of next year.
Will be interesting to see what they do with their 3 MSD selections (McLachlan, Beecken & Craven) end of year because they'll have the LTI players returning too so need to fit them in

Didn't get to see the game yet but it sounds like Lemmey and Lord stood out. Young's stats look OK - Ipresume he played back given the intercepts? - and Mirkov got plenty of taps. I take it Marchy didn't come back on? Wilson and Binns just okay by the numbers, but Wilson only coming back and Binns probably still tired from last week's numbers. Can't dominate every week. Like both of them but do wonder how Binns hurts sides at the higher level. Will never know if he doesn't get a shot.

On Lord it seems to me he has a defensive edge and whilst certainly not quick isn't slow and those traits might well help our problem with being destroyed out of the middle if we don't win it clearly.

Can't see anyone pushing hard for inclusion next week, but Lord, Carroll, Young if we lose a tall, Binns if we decide to rest Ollie and even Wilson if we want to add outside pace could be around the mark. And obviously Cowan could go back into the ones fresh from a rest assuming there isn't a late change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d like to know what type of individual fitness program he and Martin have been on for them to not get on the park most of the year. Even for them this is out of the ordinary.

If you haven't realised by now that no fitness program can save Marchbank, not sure what anyone here could add, been injury prone since he was 16

Martin's calfs are shot

If you haven't realised by now that no fitness program can save Marchbank, not sure what anyone here could add, been injury prone since he was 16

Martin's calfs are shot
Both of these things we have probably known since 2022. Ditto for Cuners. Yet we keep bring them back. List Management stuff up IMO.

I missed the reserves game so can anyone tell me how Moir went? Obviously the stats line wasn’t great reading but there may have been reasons for that. Where did he play? Was he injured?

Both of these things we have probably known since 2022. Ditto for Cuners. Yet we keep bring them back. List Management stuff up IMO.

I missed the reserves game so can anyone tell me how Moir went? Obviously the stats line wasn’t great reading but there may have been reasons for that. Where did he play? Was he injured?
I didn't get to see the whole game, but from what I did see Moir was disappointing.
Thought he had a bit of a breakout game last week against a very ordinary opponent, but didn't see a lot to get me enthused today.

Just for the record, some game stats below.
Acknowledging significant step up to afl level, but would Lord be a realistic chance this week for senior debut?

View attachment 2068164
Lord was good, Binns was poor with disposal and other facets. Wasn't ranked in the top 12 for our side

Lord was good, Binns was poor with disposal and other facets. Wasn't ranked in the top 12 for our side
Yes, and the bits I saw watching online didn't inspire me toward Carroll either, but other watchers might have better observations. Cottrell and Cerra will be outs, so who comes in for them? Cowan seems obvious, but then who else...?

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL 2024 - Reserves Game Day discussion Rnds 2 - 21 (Merged threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back