Senior 20. Elijah Hollands

Remove this Banner Ad

Daniel Hoyne (Champion Data) ) said today on SEN that Elijah is a top 70 rated player in the competition. Pretty good result!

He’s been what we hoped Martin would
He’s a better kick than Martin in my view

What a forward line we have if we can get hollands Williams Martin Motlop below the two talls, with fog being the pressure man

He's what you'd get I think if you could blend a Rolls Royce with a cat.

What Frankenstein-esque stuff are you into?

19 touches and 3 goals feels like the kind of game a certain Isaac Heeney would regularly have in seasons gone past.

Kid is a gun.

He just seems to move smoother and in a different manner to other options we’ve got. So far I’ve not really noticed him being ultra quick, or super powerful, or any other stand out attribute - yet he moves with CLASS, and uses the ball well too. The mark he took overhead dropping back inside 50 on Sunday to kick a goal is one Josh Rachelle wishes he could take. Lij didn’t flinch, took it well, kicked the goal. I hope he just keeps developing because I think he could be a jet. The draft year wraps were huge…

Has that touch of class about him. One of the few in the team that when he has the ball you know he’ll use it well each time.
Hopefully he continues to keep his head down and arse up. Has all the attributes to become a top liner.
A forward based mid rotation that kicks goals & distributes.
Noice.
As he develops, looking forward to seeing how his kicking does also.

He goto at the moment is hitting the short kick through the middle - or a long kick deep into F50.

I suspect over time we’ll start seeing the inside 50 lasers we all crave.

Last edited:
Given his age and experience, he is showing all the signs we'd want to see. The fact that he is regularly at the centre bounces show that the match committee rate him as a mid as well as a forward, and has the running power for that role. Had a few important touches on the weekend at halfback, and his composure in disposal from that position started an effective run forward. But then also kicked the three goals. Amazing pick up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daniel Hoyne (Champion Data) ) said today on SEN that Elijah is a top 70 rated player in the competition. Pretty good result!

He’s been what we hoped Martin would
Different players, Elijah is a better runner and mid. Martin is a better forward and mark. Elijah is a very good set shot.

He's one of those guys that makes the game look easy. Looks like he has an age with ball in hand, never looks rushed, never anxious, picks the right options the vast majority of the time and hits them like he's having a kick in the back yard.

When it doesn't come off those sorts of guys look lazy, but to me he's in the Pendlebury mould ball in hand moreso than a Lukosius.

Different players, Elijah is a better runner and mid. Martin is a better forward and mark. Elijah is a very good set shot.
Elijah is our first genuine front half pinch hitting midfielder which is exactly what Jack Martin was touted as, both as a junior and when he was traded to us

Anyway, my point is Elijah is very good, he’s top 70 in the competition. I’d guess that puts him in the same company as only Curnow, Cripps, Walsh and Weitering as far as our team is concerned.

Elijah is our first genuine front half pinch hitting midfielder which is exactly what Jack Martin was touted as, both as a junior and when he was traded to us

Anyway, my point is Elijah is very good, he’s top 70 in the competition. I’d guess that puts him in the same company as only Curnow, Cripps, Walsh and Weitering as far as our team is concerned.
Harry? Saad?

Harry? Saad?

Keep in mind that “top 70 in the AFL” was just on Champion Data’s secret sauce algorithm over a certain time period, etc, etc. Take with about a kilo of salt.

But what I took from it was their advanced stats confirmed what the eyes suggested - good things are happening when Hollands is involved on the regular. Impactful stuff, even though nothing he does looks spectacular.

Is quickly becoming my favourite player
it’s about time we landed a gem for peanuts it’s been a long time boyd excluded
Hopefully he keeps tracking onwards and upwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Senior 20. Elijah Hollands

Remove this Banner Ad

Back