Preview Rnd 21 - Carlton v Freo Sat 13th August 1.10pm @ Patersons

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Rnd. 21. Freo vs Carlton SAT. 13th. @ 1.10p.m. @ Patersons

Don't bring back Waite if he isn't ready. Cannot risk him to be injured for finals. Even if he is 99% then don't risk him.

Sounds like Carrazzo will be fit. Should he play VFL? We miss his grunt in the middle.

Across the board we were average to good today. A few sensational efforts from Judd and Scotland as well. But i don't think any of our blokes are screaming to be dropped. Davies is looking a little bit shakey, but i like the guy and want to give him another shot.

IN: Carrazzo
OUT: ?

sandilands, mundy in?

should be favorites but not totally confident myself. waite + carrazzo would definitely make it a lot easier for us.

Time to get serious.

We're likely to go into this one as favourite again, but I'm not expecting an easy one here on their home turf.

Playing on a larger ground works in our favour, and Freo will still be without a couple of their keys.
We'll be getting some of the boys back this week, but how much can we expect from their first game back, after 4-5 week lay-offs?

Being that we didn't introduce any injured players back this week, how many can we bring back the next?
The Ants had a bye so no further insight into Curnow or Lucas.

Ins: Waite Carrazzo Armfield?
Out: Houlihan Joseph Davies

This exactly. Shit is starting to get serious. I have a feeling (no inside source so no heath shaw) that Richmond will beat West Coast tommorow. My opinion isn't relevant but the point still stands.

We were pretty average today. Love big wins and appreciate them greatly after all of those terrible losses earlier this millennium, but much can be improved.

McPharlin and Grover will tear Thornton and Kreuzer apart so we do need another tall forward (Waite, if not Setanta)

Armfield wold be perfect for Hill, and Mzungu and Barlow are fantastic accumulators, hence Carrazzo would be great.

Evidently, if Jamison is ready, he should be slotted in as quickly as possible prior to finals. Cannot wait for Henderson and Jamison CHB and FB combination

Agree with Carlos coming back in....plonking him in the goal square could help.

I just don't want to risk Waite again.

If he's ready to go, he's ready to go.

How many times have we heard that from Ratts this season? It's clear as dog balls we're a 10% better side with Waite in it. He wants him back ASAP.

We rushed him in for Richmond and he was "fine" and was just subbed for "soreness".

If Waite isn't 100% fit he shouldn't be playing. He has a month to go before finals....no need to rush him back.

This really is a big one. Do we rest a few out of sorts players? Is Waite ready?

I think Duigan really needs a break, was never really in the game today and a game at VFL level might help him, playing 17/19 games at the top level in your first season really must take something out of you.
O'Hailpin would be a great addition to the side, really played well against Freo at Subi when we played in the yellow. I think he kicked 4 goals.

Ins: O'Hailpin, Russell, (White)
Outs: Houlihan, Davies/Tuohy (Duigan)

This really is a big one. Do we rest a few out of sorts players? Is Waite ready?

I think Duigan really needs a break, was never really in the game today and a game at VFL level might help him, playing 17/19 games at the top level in your first season really must take something out of you.
O'Hailpin would be a great addition to the side, really played well against Freo at Subi when we played in the yellow. I think he kicked 4 goals.

Ins: O'Hailpin, Russell, (White)
Outs: Houlihan, Davies/Tuohy (Duigan)

WTF Really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's Joseph do wrong today? I know somebody's got to make way but he'd be stiff to on his performance.

agree! joseph had a win today had a role to shut down davey a known match winner and done this, took a great mark kicked a goal..............

SAFE AS HOUSES!!!!

OUT: davies, houlihan/duigan,

WTF Really.

You obviously didn't bother to read my post. I said Duigan may need a rest and that's why he's in brackets. I also think we need to get our best 22 out on the park and that's why a player who has only played 7 games (albeit solid ones) would make way for Russell who has played 100+

OUT: Houlihan, Joseph
IN: O'Hailpin, Armfield/Russell

Davies should be the one getting dropped imo. Hasn't done much in 2 games now. Same for Brock.

OUT: Brock, Davies
IN: Carrots, Bower

The reasoning is that Bower loves to take the game on and run off half back. Plenty of room to do that at Pattersons.

In: Armfield, Bower, White, Lucas

Home crowd will inspire them to greatness.
IN WA BLUES
OUT u soft victorian wannabees

come on mc bring back the boys
smash these purple tossers
the feeling amongst the true is palpable
blood in the water
you will not find the fans flat
our only chance this year
we will go nuts
no mcphee
frodo public enemy nuimber 1
still tickets to pre-game function

I was so close to listing it as Subiaco.
What is Patersons anyway?
who cares
don't sell your soul
wa blues will be at subi

perplexed today's game day thread got heated\

today was a high risk game we won well with the cue in the rack after half time

subi will be hard work that we win if we want it
wa blues want it

Looks like we will play bombers on saturday night week one of the finals. They will be very dangerous now with there full team back. Should we lose to freo this week to ensure we play freo at mcg week one of the finals who we will definetly beat

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Rnd 21 - Carlton v Freo Sat 13th August 1.10pm @ Patersons

Remove this Banner Ad

Back