Preview Rnd 21 - Carlton v Freo Sat 13th August 1.10pm @ Patersons

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like we will play bombers on saturday night week one of the finals. They will be very dangerous now with there full team back. Should we lose to freo this week to ensure we play freo at mcg week one of the finals who we will definetly beat

Are you ****ing serious? You want us to lose a game because you're afraid of a team that's struggling to make the 8?

Hey here's a news flash, we had a lot of important players missing when we last played them as well, you know guys like Jammo, Waite, Carrots and Russell?

Who did they have out? Fletcher, Watson and Hocking...oh and Hooker. WOW they strike fear into you?

[youtube]EL8e2ujXe8g[/youtube]

I don't think we can take Brock to Subi.

Suggestions that AJ will be dropped are just plain silly.

Possible inclusions will be Carrots, Army, Waite
Omissions from Brock, Hoops, Davies

Looks like we will play bombers on saturday night week one of the finals. They will be very dangerous now with there full team back. Should we lose to freo this week to ensure we play freo at mcg week one of the finals who we will definetly beat

Let's just worry about our own team for now and not worry who we play the 1st week of the finals.

There are still matches to be played this weekend and the final 8 is not set in stone.

With 4 rounds left in the season (excluding our bye), anything can happen.

Let's just worry about our own team for now and not worry who we play the 1st week of the finals.

There are still matches to be played this weekend and the final 8 is not set in stone.

With 4 rounds left in the season (excluding our bye), anything can happen.
Last thing on the top eight from me; I'd love to see Essendon be in eighth going into the final round and do nothing but watch themselves be knocked out. :thumbsu:

Out: Davies touby
In: bower carrazzo
Next week v hawthorn
Out: Brock Joseph
In: Curnow/Lucas Russell
R24 v St Kilda
Out: houlihan Henderson
In: Waite Jamison

Round 24 team
Duigan Jamison laider
Yarran bower Russell
Scotland Robinson Simpson
Gibbs Waite garlett
Walker kreuzer betts
Warnock Judd Murphy
Ellard carrazzo Curnow/Lucas

Duigan and Simpson were probably sore from last week's crunch marks. They'll be OK next week. I wish we'd brought Bower in this week - that's a mistake by the MC. No Bullants game for prospects to show form in this week, but there'll have to be changes. Hoops did OK in a half of football and might be on the way back.

I agree Brock on Subiaco is too scary to imagine. Even yesterday he wasn't getting first to the ball at stoppages because of his pace - and that's with total ruck dominance. The problem is Curnow isn't in form, so who do we put in the engine room? I'd almost promote Cachia if I could.

freo have injured players or players coming back from long lay offs and a possible suspension to mcphee.if we cant win this one then we are kidding ourselves just ask hawthorn

freo have injured players or players coming back from long lay offs and a possible suspension to mcphee.if we cant win this one then we are kidding ourselves just ask hawthorn
pretty much but they are a wounded animal so very unpredictable at the moment

dont know the extent of armfields injury but i hope he comes in and stays in.he makes up for any deficiency with pace, effort hard attack at the ball and man and real grunt

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMO Brock and Hoops aren't in our best 22. Both lack the pace for the game, and although some same Brock played ok yesterday we need to remember we played a team that went into the locker room after quarter time.

Brock is not only slow by foot, he is slow in his decision making which is so frustrating.

Out: Brock & Hoops
In: Carrots & Setanta

Warnock played what i thought was his best game for the club yesterday. He has changed his rucking style, he is now leaping off the ground and around the ground is giving a two handed tap down, real change of form. Will be good to see him in the open space at Subi

No risks this week. anyone whos not 100% should not be played.

Just go over get the 4 points and come back for the big hawks game the week after with no additional injuries or reports.:cool:

Confident we will win this by 4-6 goals.

No risks this week. anyone whos not 100% should not be played.

Just go over get the 4 points and come back for the big hawks game the week after with no additional injuries or reports.:cool:

Confident we will win this by 4-6 goals.

For us to take the 4 points i think some 'risk inclusions' might be needed (obviously when i mean risk, i mean sensible risks, i'm sure the selection policy is somewhat different against Melbourne to Geelong)

I fear that our forward-line may be outbodied without Waite, as i really rate the combination of Grover, McPharlin, Ibbotson and Broughton.

(JS517)

Our biggest problem with Fremantle over the past few years has been Sandilands. He has smashed us every time we play them, so if he misses again, then this gives us a massive advantage. McPhee won't play either.

Given the long flight to Perth, I doubt the club will risk Waite/Jamo/JR/Carrazzo if they aren't right. Just need to focus on the task at on Saturday afternoon, and come home with the 4 points.

Carlton by 19 points.

Firstly, the Eagles are a great side, with many exciting elements. With a great ruck combo, very strong forward line that will stretch both Collingwood and Cats, good hard running midfield, their weakness is their backs and on the day against us they had our measure.

The Dogs, at the time we played them, it was do or die, and they found a way to play lock down footy which we didn't react to, sh1t happens really.

If Freo are hungry, why weren't they hungry enough against the Saints, that game was very important to their finals chances, so if a game was to get them fired up it should have been that against another team trying to hold their spot in the 8.

As for your points;
1. Homeground advantage, yes, i'll give you that, however we have done ok there of late and we have been travelling well. If we let the fans booing us beat us then we don't deserve our spot in the 8, we cop more here in Melborne and we have a good fan base in Perth.
2. Pavlich has dominated us over the years we were poor, recently he hasn't killed us and the thing with Freo is they need him up forward, in the middle and down back, what will they do this week?? But if he goes forward Hendo can get the job, proven himself recently no need not to back him in, if he goes middle then why no go head to head with Gibbs??
As for big Sandi, not sure he is ready to play, and Warnock have had good form the last few weeks so back him in, and it doesn't matter how good your ruckman is, if you have a good midfield you should be able to rove off the opposition ruckman.
3. The runners in Fyfe and Barlow, Fyfe is young, but how will he go against the best midfield in the comp and Barlow is still very short of a gallop and died out in the second half against the Saints. Their back line is ok, but can they match it with a small running, fast forward line with the likes of Walker bobbing up....i'll back our forward line in.

As for making a statement, you don't think we have done that this season. Considering who we have out and the games we have played, the statement has been made. They boys know what is expected and at stake, i'm sure they will go with all that and lead by a man who dominated Subi we should come out on top. Freo are coached by a hack and with Sandi are exposed in the middle of the ground.

I think Davies has been pretty good for us since coming back in. Didn't have a great game vs. Dees but didnt necessarily do anything wrong either.
I do, however, have some serious doubts on his form at the bigger grounds. Has played 2 games at the G' (which weren'd bad, but not great) and 1 game at the dome (toweled up Edwards). May struggle on the big ground that is Subiaco. Would love to see him get another game though.

Same goes for Joseph. I can't see AJ and Carrots playing in the same team. But I don't think AJ's game warranted a swap with Carrots. So he keeps his spot, for now.

For me:
IN: Armfield
OUT: Houlihan

I think we may very well see vs HAWKS:
IN: Jamo, Waite, Carrots

Key match-ups:
Yarran - Hill
Warnock - Sandilands*
McPharlin - Walker
Gibbs - Pavlich - will be the match-up of the game. Gibbs can take him down back and can easily follow him in to the midfield.

McPhee will have a few weeks break so I expect Judd to go rampage.

Blues by 32 points.

Have to start palying best 22 with only 3 games before finals continuity is a must.

If the following players are ready play them simple as that. Carrazzo, Russell, Waite i dont think Bower is in the mix bc of his lack of games.
None of this play them next week stuff, if they are ready play them. These are the players that will most likely play finals.

We are aiming for top and double chance, losing to Freo means the Hawks game is not that importnat in terms of top four. Bc will not make it irrespective if we win our last two.

The problem i see with us is our backline, Duigan needs a rest he looks tired, and Jamo is very crucial to our line up. I would try Setanta as another tall just in case of injuries. We have the leg speed, i am just worried about our backline it lack experience big time. Also i think Armfiels adds pace and is a better bet than Mclean, at the moment dont need Curnow. We have Robbo, Ellard and either Mclean and or Armfiels adding the grunt work thats more than enough!

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Rnd 21 - Carlton v Freo Sat 13th August 1.10pm @ Patersons

Remove this Banner Ad

Back