Game Day RND 23 - 🏈 Carlton v West Coast Game Day 🏈

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If someone had told me we drafted Cooper in the second or third round I'd be rapt.

Midseason draft? Absolute bargain.

Kid can play and he has fight and character in his game

Been a few ‘first game’ style turnovers - ironically none of them from first gamers!

Going well. I know it’s just WCE, but better level of effort than we’ve seen for weeks.

Let’s put them to the sword boys. If nothing else it underlines a few questions around gameplan and selection over the last 6/7 weeks.

Best half for 6 weeks. Good pressure when we don’t have it and cleaner when we do. Fix the shooting for goal, and don’t let either of the Hollands boys kick it ever again, and we might get a win here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beautiful.

Plenty of ticker, a bunch of kids playing on instinct resulting in an extremely refreshing, unpredictable style of play.

And guess what, it can work! Now ****ing take note Vossy and keep playing some of these blokes.

I started a list pregame of everyone who were just bagging the team, upon winning I'm happy to publish!!
There is a healthy level of debriefing post game, and yelling in games...
This was outright intentional trolling.

Cowan really good.
2025 backline probably includes Cowan and Carroll. The run skill and IQ is good.
Cincotta looks comfortable in defence.
Motlop has been quiet for a while now.
Binns just not finding it, he would need time at AFL level to figure it out.

Eagles aren't just weak, they are our bunny. We have been flogging them most times. Cripps, Hewett, Kennedy dominating. We know this won't happen against top sides. But when it happens we are really hard to beat.

Hopefully we win, boos percentage and go into next week playing to make finals.

What a great first half. Footy looks fun again

I hope the Coaches learn of lot from this. Looks like we have been freed up and players in different roles making a big difference

Loving Cooper Lord
Binns starting to get into it
Carroll looks good acroos HB as does Cincotta
Cowan just gets better
Kemp a genuine option
Smalls forwards all of a sudden look dangerous because we aren't Charlie focussed
Cripps never ceases to amaze

Let's keep it going

Where has this Durdin been

Hit The Woah Freaking Out GIF
We're doing something different ahead of the ball, akin to what we were doing under Teague the season Bolton was sacked. Surge the ball forward, push your HF and pockets up at the ball and keep knocking it forward while brutalising them around the ball. If you win the ball, go directly at goal; if you can't mark, get it on the ground and knock it into the space behind the talls, make it a race.

It's as interesting as it is annoying; if the coaches have had this in their pockets all season, why in utter **** did it take them being forced to do it through injury to implement it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back