Preview Rnd 3 Carlton v Collingwood @ MCG Friday 13th April 7.50PM - Team post #483

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rnd 3 Carlton v Collingwood @ MCG Friday 13th April 7.50PM

Working towards that, but it is early doors. :)

Good one Ratts !! :cool:

Really looking forward to the game tomorrow night & can't wait to get to the G.

Should really test us to see where we are at.

Hoping the boys bring home the 4 points. !!!!

I reckon that's right, except for the slim possibility that Walker is right.

I really can't see Walker returning this week.
He may be 1 or 2 weeks away.

But then again, might also be a surprise inclusion this week.

Looks like Duigan and Ben Johnson will miss from either side.

IN: Jamison
OUT: Russell most likely

IN: Maxwell, Wood, Wellingham
OUT: Tarrant, Paine, Sinclair/Seedsman

Would let out a maniacal laugh if we include Walks and keep Thornton in to really stretch their back line :)

Looks like Duigan and Ben Johnson will miss from either side.

IN: Jamison
OUT: Russell most likely

IN: Maxwell, Wood, Wellingham
OUT: Tarrant, Paine, Sinclair/Seedsman

Would let out a maniacal laugh if we include Walks and keep Thornton in to really stretch their back line :)

No Walker this week ............

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/News/NewsArticle/tabid/4311/newsId/132877/Default.aspx

Forward Andrew Walker hasn't overcome a quad tendon injury and will not play, but Ratten said he would be a chance to return in round four if his recovery remained on track

Their a very confident bunch over on the filfth's board.

- We don't have anyone good enough to stop Cloke and Dawes
- Their mids are better that ours and will win them the game
- We don't have anyone in our fwd line capable of kicking a bag full
- Their ruck combo is also better than ours.

So in summary they should win by about...............40 goals.

Same JK.

I can't see too many changes to the team, maybe 2 maximum but that would be it.
Yeah I think it will only be the 1 change unless they want to bring in a specific match up for Blair (perhaps Joseph??) but I would send Yarran to him as he will be able to run off him, especially when Blair ventures to the midfield.

They're used to being confident against us, but that confidence doesn't quite summarize where this game sits.
As for the odds, this game is probably about even, which is a better representation of where things are, than for the drooling of fans.

Cloke stops himself half of the time, misses too many regulation shots and the pressure will be increased this week even further.

You can just see his mind ticking over with every shot as he tries his hardest to justify all the hype about him and his contract situation.

I suspect they would be saying the same thing about our expectations. Some of our posters haven't exactly been shy, retiring wallflowers either, and if we don't win, I can see plenty of return fire.

I think they are entitled to be smug given their recent record against us. We think we have improved but haven't proven anything ... yet.

Such is the build up to a great rivalry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suspect they would be saying the same thing about our expectations. Some of our posters haven't exactly been shy, retiring wallflowers either, and if we don't win, I can see plenty of return fire.

I think they are entitled to be smug given their recent record against us. We think we have improved but haven't proven anything ... yet.

Can't see many of them being on Big Footy after Friday - they'll be too busy abusing Buckley.....

Really enjoyed your view of our boys this early in the season Cam :thumbsu:

Definitely worth a read boys.

So, do you actually believe we are the real deal Cam???

Yeah, I do mate (and you can appreciate as a Richmond man that is difficult for me to say!). I like how Ratten remained completely unflustered during the pre-season while everyone was looking for weaknesses, which says to me the coaching staff and players are extremely committed to the long term goal this year have have full confidence that they're on the right track.

Depth is arguably the most vital ingredient in a premiership tilt, given that the talent level in order to compete at the top end must already be at a high level. The Blues are going to have some pretty good players running around in the two's not getting a game at senior level.

Also, I just can't believe how well Murphy and Gibbs link up through your midfield, one of them is involved in most chains of clean possession, and they are so clean, and are among the best decision makers in the league.

As always, I preview every Collingwood game and I am back again in 2012. The previews are as neutral as possible and they are now posted on the official collingwood website.

It was written last night before knowledge of ins and outs, but i think my predictions will be accurate.

If you dare venture into enemy territory, please take a read on the official club website. I am unable to post the full article as I am restricted here at work to get into the site. So mods, I don't want to be accused of spamming so feel free to post the full article if need be.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/NewsFeatures/News/NewsArticle/tabid/5586/newsId/132885/Default.aspx

Cloke stops himself half of the time, misses too many regulation shots and the pressure will be increased this week even further.

This may have been true 2 years ago, but he kicks them more often than he doesn't these days. He has a better ratio than Buddy IIRC.

All players miss regulation shots, and he isn't any different.

Cam, if you are linking to your own work, can you provide a healthy slice of the article as well so that BF is getting some of the material and not just linking away from the site for hits? If the work stands up, you will get a reputation and people will go looking on their own soon enough.

Good objective article by the way, but then we would say that.

Cheers

Yep, no worries mate, will do in future.

I always laugh at the silly little "We need to prove ourselves" mantra spinning around at the moment. We don't need to "prove" anything to anyone. We know we have the best list in the AFL, and we know what we need to do to win a flag. That's all that matters. What the media or non-Carlton supporters "think" means zero. If we win they'll be downplaying it, and if we lose that'll exaggerate the importance of it. I mean, could anything be more predictable? The reality is winning or losing a round 3 H&A game doesn't mean a hell of a lot. Things will get more serious in the last 1/3 of the pre-finals series and that's along way off.

:)

Couldn't agree more. It's why I don't get into the pre-game trash talk.
Looking forward to a ripper game and hoping like hell our boys go some way at least to earning respect by beating a quality side.

As always, I preview every Collingwood game and I am back again in 2012. The previews are as neutral as possible and they are now posted on the official collingwood website.

It was written last night before knowledge of ins and outs, but i think my predictions will be accurate.

If you dare venture into enemy territory, please take a read on the official club website. I am unable to post the full article as I am restricted here at work to get into the site. So mods, I don't want to be accused of spamming so feel free to post the full article if need be.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/NewsFeatures/News/NewsArticle/tabid/5586/newsId/132885/Default.aspx

Like a lot of men there are some things in my browser history that I am not particularly proud of, but thankfully Dave you have shown me that my depravity does indeed know bounds...

Be ****ed if I'm going to the Collingwood website.

This may have been true 2 years ago, but he kicks them more often than he doesn't these days. He has a better ratio than Buddy IIRC.

All players miss regulation shots, and he isn't any different.
Yeah I reckon Buddy misses far too many regulation shots also.

I seem to remember Cloke missing some very crucial regulations shots just 2 weeks ago against Hawthorn but I may have had too many frothie's that night though.

Ratio's mean nothing really because your ratio on the ones you should kick really should be at 90% and higher.

I always laugh at the silly little "We need to prove ourselves" mantra spinning around at the moment. We don't need to "prove" anything to anyone. We know we have the best list in the AFL, and we know what we need to do to win a flag. That's all that matters. What the media or non-Carlton supporters "think" means zero. If we win they'll be downplaying it, and if we lose that'll exaggerate the importance of it. I mean, could anything be more predictable? The reality is winning or losing a round 3 H&A game doesn't mean a hell of a lot. Things will get more serious in the last 1/3 of the pre-finals series and that's along way off.

:)

Well said Parrot - But I will say it's been a long time since Carlton were better placed to knock over the Pies - I can't remember the last time Waite, Kruezer and Jamison all played in the same squad. You're right though.... Should we get up tomorrow night everyone (Mostly Pies Supporters) will be down playing it and should we lose the complete opposite! It's important that we show to everyone that we can compete with Collingwood tomorrow night though. If we can instil the fear of God in those Magpies we're sure to be taken more seriously by the likes of the other Premiership favourites. Personally I think our real test with come when we play West Coast over there. If we get up over there then I'm sure no one will be down playing anything - And just quietly I think we will get up! (Baring Injuries of coarse!)

Sam Landsberger just tweeted Nick Duigan's parents are flying in from Adelaide tomorrow. Interesting as I didn't think he'd be selected, but it sounds as though he may be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back