Autopsy Rnd 3, Hawthorn vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Jed Anderson. You need to make some more sons. If they play like that on their third game then we are set for the 2030-2040 Premiership window :p

That was a great win and not one I expected but I love being proven wrong. It was a shabby start in the rain but the boys hung in there and kick by kick pegged it back
Hodge was outstanding
Loved Jed
Taylor went alright
Ruff and bruest found some missing form
But Cyril in that last quarter - no words to describe

Everyone stepped up in that second half including tazz who had copped some comments early.
I do have a question mark over gunston but maybe those at the game saw more than I did

Great game, awesome in the 2nd half.

Not sure I understand the whole Gunston as a sub thing but we won so who cares.

Schoey got a bit of a lesson today but it was a good game to get one considering we won so easy in the end.

Should put a few myths about lack of leg speed and ability to run matches out to bed for at least a couple of weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cyril's second half spark. That's the sort of gamebreaking stuff he can do.

Broost best game of the year.

Hodgey back in splendid action.

Nice debut from Duryea.

Roughy actually kicking goals.

Awesome stuff.

Was initially worried in the first quarter and a half as we seemed hesitant and a little unsure of ourselves withe ball but now I see it was Clarko's rope-a-dope trick. As much as we were wonderful from 5th minute of 3rd quarter until the end imagine when we put a full 4 quarter game together.

Irrespective of his actual output, which was immense, but Hodge's inspiration and leadership was great to see. His strength of character seemed to bend the game to us as though it actually belonged to him. Add to that the younger runners and it was such a powerful message to the doubters.

Really great effort from the boys in the second half today. I doubt many of us at half time thought we'd finish with an almost 10 goal win! :D

WHAT I LIKED

Hill & Anderson both providing run and enthusiasm
Rioli's excellent last quarter
Hodge played a superb game definitely BOG & led from the front
Birchall had another good one
Defense was pretty good, best game of the year from Gibson
Bruest did some nice work in the center and did well up forward
Mitchell at half back is working very nicely
Burgoyne with a solid effort
Franklin's best game of the year
Duryea pretty serviceable at half back
The team's ability to run out the match

WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE

Midfield badly beaten in the first half
Rucks beaten by Hudson early
Lewis looking tentative & fumbly
Forwardline far too crowded in first half
Decision to make Gunston the sub questionable
David Hale is butter soft

Posted this on the Pies board, hope it translates (not offensive)well. Great team well done.

"Not happy we lost.

Don't blame the umpiring, we got the rub of the green last week, this week we didn't. Swings & roundabouts.
It wasn't the difference in the end anyway.

This has still been a fantastic 3 weeks for our club. We have been undermanned & had to fight hard for our first two wins.

The final margin is almost irrelevant. I thought we looked dead on our feet from the outset, was really pleased at half time. We got over run. Don't think the Hawks were at their best either.

Sam Dwyer:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Hawthorn are a bloody good side & they deserved the win.

Congrats Hawks."

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rnd 3, Hawthorn vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back