Autopsy Rnd 3, Hawthorn vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Not happy with the umpires, but Hawks were a class above in the second half. Congrats on the win.
I was going to say really then I saw who you support hahaha. Thought we certainly had the rub of the green with the umpires today but wouldn't have made much difference.

3 games in a row we've had the better of the umpiring I've thought, what's going on? Making up for our draw?

What a turn around, half way through the second and I thought 'aww shit we haven't come to play'. Late in the second quarter we found our feet, gained some traction and dug in. That second heart was incredible, our pressure was immense and we won a lot of hard ball. I look back and see that end to end goal that Buddy converted as a play that really broke the heart of the Pies. They were pushing and coming hard at us and then for us to just slice them through the middle really swung the momentum.

- Duryea had a solid debut, nerves were obviously there and he fumbled a few times but for a kid playing game number 1 I thought he held his own quite well.
- Anderson is going to be a star, he looked to have found confidence after he snapped that goal and he was always hovering around the contest. Loved his bump on Pendles as well.
- Hodge was back to his best, dug in hard and kicked some clutch goals for us from half an opportunity.
- Mitchell was solid, made a few uncharacteristic errors buts till kept getting in and under.
- Birch brilliant, Gibbo was really good in the first half, constantly mopping up as the Pies bombarded us.

Overall a really good team effort and incredibly happy with our second half.

Go hawks

Looked great after midway second term, can't wait to see Lake and Sewell back in!! Anderson and Hill have added leg speed, Hodgey and Burgers moving freely. Game on !!!

Was so, so good to see the skipper play a game like that! Before round 1 it was suspected we wouldn't be seeing him for a month, and yet here he is lighting up the MCG against quality opposition in round 3. Augers well for what he can produce this year.

Pretty typical game against the pies really, their stars in Pendlebury, Swan and Cloke have good games and yet we still smash 'em!

Loved many aspects of that game:
  • We ran out the entire last quarter with grunt and attitude
  • I love Anderson and Hill - young guns giving us a unique blend of drive and finesse
  • Depth? Thought it might have been a problem this year, but with the two youngsters just mentioned and the not-too-shabby display by Duryea on debut, the future looks a hell of a lot more rosy
  • AFL FIXturing... once more, another big F*** YOU to Vlad and his cronies - talking about sticking it to the man!!
  • THAT goal - two kicks to get it end to end in under 12 seconds... you've gotta be f***ing kidding me!!
  • Party tricks - special mention to Cyril and a bit of Hodge magic didn't go astray in the last
It does seem to be a tough start to the draw though in the first 7 weeks... tough for those who were unfortunate to make last year's finals... :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was going to say really then I saw who you support hahaha. Thought we certainly had the rub of the green with the umpires today but wouldn't have made much difference.

3 games in a row we've had the better of the umpiring I've thought, what's going on? Making up for our draw?

Maybe Clarkos recruiting plan of drafting short people is working out well for us :D

Hodge was probably BOG, but Gibbo was amazing from start to end.

Concerns watching at the G: Schoey - got a bath, not one of his better games. The one he lost when he had front spot and didn't even touch it was disappointing. Gunston, just a weird call all round, came on looking lost.

Unfortunately I missed some good goals because I jizzed myself so hard at Buddy's hurdle goal. When they replayed it the crowd applauded it a second time. Worth admission.

Pies fans bewing at every free was great. The one that got Rough a goal was indeed rolled gold bullsht, but hey ho. Buggered if I can follow the rules around diving in etc, its become laughable. Right way to attack ball is now to go in giraffe legs and try to get a busted knee.

FCKN YEEEEEAAAAAHHHH

Really great effort from the boys in the second half today. I doubt many of us at half time thought we'd finish with an almost 10 goal win! :D

WHAT I LIKED

Hill & Anderson both providing run and enthusiasm
Rioli's excellent last quarter
Hodge played a superb game definitely BOG & led from the front
Birchall had another good one
Defense was pretty good, best game of the year from Gibson
Bruest did some nice work in the center and did well up forward
Mitchell at half back is working very nicely
Burgoyne with a solid effort
Franklin's best game of the year
Duryea pretty serviceable at half back
The team's ability to run out the match

WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE

Midfield badly beaten in the first half
Rucks beaten by Hudson early
Lewis looking tentative & fumbly
Forwardline far too crowded in first half
Decision to make Gunston the sub questionable
David Hale is butter soft

Bosky, how long do we have to put up with that ridiculous avatar and signature. If you say all year the mods should give you a red card.

Bosky, how long do we have to put up with that ridiculous avatar and signature. If you say all year the mods should give you a red card.

I was thinking I might change it against his will. That way he can honour whatever bet he has, and we can be rid of it.

Great effort today, after two very tough weeks. It was great to see them run this one out.

Birchall, Stratton, Mitchell, Hodge, Shiels and Cyril in our very best today. Jed, Brad and Doc were also really good. Great mix out there now. Must admit I was worried with Gunners as the sub we would run out of gas, but huge effort today all round.

That goal from full back was exciting to watch.

Certainly got a nice run from the umps today, but really most of the ones we got were there. Nice to get a good run all the same.

The sliding rule/whatever it is is utter crap.
Agree with this, it goes against what players are taught when they first start playing. Attacking the ball, especially in the wet will often mean diving over it to win possession. I understand the reasoning for it but I don't think the rule should be there

Great effort today, after two very tough weeks. It was great to see them run this one out.

Birchall, Stratton, Mitchell, Hodge, Shiels and Cyril in our very best today. Jed, Brad and Doc were also really good. Great mix out there now. Must admit I was worried with Gunners as the sub we would run out of gas, but huge effort today all round.

That goal from full back was exciting to watch.

Certainly got a nice run from the umps today, but really most of the ones we got were there. Nice to get a good run all the same.

Maybe. However two of Cloke's goals came from frees that weren't paid on Daisy Thomas though.

Posted this on the Pies board, hope it translates (not offensive)well. Great team well done.

"Not happy we lost.

Don't blame the umpiring, we got the rub of the green last week, this week we didn't. Swings & roundabouts.
It wasn't the difference in the end anyway.

This has still been a fantastic 3 weeks for our club. We have been undermanned & had to fight hard for our first two wins.

The final margin is almost irrelevant. I thought we looked dead on our feet from the outset, was really pleased at half time. We got over run. Don't think the Hawks were at their best either.

Sam Dwyer:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Hawthorn are a bloody good side & they deserved the win.

Congrats Hawks."

You got the rub of the green last week did you? Have you seen Geelong's three games? They get rubbed by the green so much that they should now be known as the Irishmen - or maybe the Emerald Hand Baggers. The free kicks they got last night was criminal and against Carlton of all people.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rnd 3, Hawthorn vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back