Autopsy Rnd 3, Hawthorn vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

You got the rub of the green last week did you? Have you seen Geelong's three games? They get rubbed by the green so much that they should now be known as the Irishmen - or maybe the Emerald Hand Baggers. The free kicks they got last night was criminal and against Carlton of all people.
You said the magic words, "against Carlton". Care factor zero.

Don't bring out the ugly side of me.;)

Your boys were very good, bringing Carlton into it just sullies us both.:p

Maybe. However two of Cloke's goals came from frees that weren't paid on Daisy Thomas though.

Yeah, they got away with a few dubious disposals too grizz. Just thought we got the ones we deserved today, and it makes for a very nice change:)

I was thinking I might change it against his will. That way he can honour whatever bet he has, and we can be rid of it.

Do it

Deledio kicked a goal from a centre bounce in 11 seconds and there was speculation if this was a record. Surely a 12 second coast to coast goal would be in the top 10 . . .

You put L Hodge in our side in round 1, we are undefeaten now.

Great way to back up coming from Perth, and against a very good opponent. Ran out the game amazingly well again. It's like round 1 was just to blow out the cobwebs.

To many good players to name. Just really impressive.

Put the current Hodge in the 2012 GF and we're Premiers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Hawks were still going strong right at the end, which is great considering we came back from 22 points down and we played in the west last week. It was a 77 point turnaround all up.

Cyril was great to watch, especially towards the end.

Taylor Duryea was good, especially before the rain. He looks quite strong for someone playing his first game.

I am greatly impressed with Hill's contested efforts. He seems to enjoy contesting for the ball a lot more than what he did last year. He might go the length of his career being a purely outside player, but if he can keep improving his contested efforts and defensive efforts at the same rate, he will be a competition top 50 player within 2 years.

Birchall is in smashing form. He would be worth including in the side for his defensive ability alone. He does all the defensive work of a blanket defender, but is also the team's best rebounder out of defence.

Hodge is an elite footballer. There are quite a few players who are at his level or slightly better, but when it comes to being a leader, there is Hodge then a large gap to the next best.

There were so many great efforts today, especially where Cyril and Hodge were involved, but this is the standout passage of play which will be remembered for a long time to come:

Guerra kick-in to the centre-square. Excellent mark by Stratton with the flight. Play on, fend off and then the handball while being taken down. Handball receive from Buddy, sensational hurdle over two players in the same motion, accelerate away from the contest, and then a shot on goal from 70+ metres out. Ball bounces in the goalsquare and goes through for a match defining goal.

Total time taken to score the goal from the kick-in: 12 seconds

We all need a bitch. Geelong has us. We have you :D ..........and Carlton...........and the Bombers.
Yep, we had Sydney, till last year.:oops:

I know it's only round three but does anyone else think we have that killer instinct back? Something we seemed to have lost since 08. Even last year we sometimes took the foot off the throat and ease into it. This year against the Eagles and the Pies we were ruthless and kept pressing even until the end.

I'm liking it.

Such a great team performance today!
Hodge was massive, & refused to lose a contest. When he's up and going it makes us walk taller as a team. I also thought Shiels was great today. He played the perfect 'wet weather' game by continually moving the ball forward quickly.
So happy to see our youngsters (Jedi, Hilly, & Doc) all contributing, & bringing real enthusiasm to the team!

Bring on Freo!

[quote="Obese Arachnid, post: 27780722, member: 54221"]You said the magic words, "against Carlton". Care factor zero.

Don't bring out the ugly side of me.;)

Your boys were very good, bringing Carlton into it just sullies us both.:p[/quote]

I'm a great believer in justice. Nuke Carlton while the wind is blowing towards Geelong.

Bosky, how long do we have to put up with that ridiculous avatar and signature. If you say all year the mods should give you a red card.
Only another two weeks. The bet was for a month after the Hawks vs Geelong game.

I know you guys don't enjoy looking at it any more than I do. :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rnd 3, Hawthorn vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back