Game Day RND 7. Geelong Cats v West Coast Eagles @Simonds Stadium. Saturday 12:10WST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing to gain from reading anything after half time but the footage of Gov really angry and upset over the loss and Hurn giving him a bit of a chin up tells a story. The boys feel it. Waiting for the rest of em to catch up and put in some effort...

Didn't see that vision, was that in the change rooms after the game or out on the field when they were walking off?

Nothing to gain from reading anything after half time but the footage of Gov really angry and upset over the loss and Hurn giving him a bit of a chin up tells a story. The boys feel it. Waiting for the rest of em to catch up and put in some effort...
What about the laughing and smiling with the opposition after the game couldn't believe it I'm sure our midfielders went and asked Daingerfield for his autograph too...

Dont forget, we're the Good Guys Club! Weve been recruiting good guys ever since the Cuz investigation days where they sent a Victorian QC over to investigate our club for recreational drug use, while a Victorian club had it's medical records kept secret via an injunction and went on to win the Premiership in 08. Our good guys are great at building houses in Cambodia but they've got no heart, grunt or mongrel when the going gets tough. We should be getting rid of the old softies and starting to bring in the kids like Nelson, Cole, Barrass etc to see if they've got what it takes. Yesterday at least showed us that Duggan won't roll over and take it up the ass without a fight.

No idea what happened when trying to quote a post but anyway in relation to the celebrations and laughing by our players at the end of the game - Totally can't stand watching that. They're not your ##$(( mates - they're the enemy! Do what you have to do, then get off the (##(#(* ground so you can wallow in your inept performance and get berated by Simpson.

He is always sprouting the mantra "We will just play our way and the rest will fall into place". He says it constantly but it's clearly not working. We all know what people say regarding insanity.
He must have that same stubborn streak that Woosha had! It's obvious our game plan works well at home at Subi (Domain) but not away. Simmo needs to have a plan B if a Plan A is not working. Or alternatively the boys are not heeding the coaches instructions?

Except we won the qualifying final last year against the Hawks with Hutch as our main midfielder, and Yeo and his best mate Shuey disappear faster than Houdini as soon as they cross the WA border going east, but you keep hoping for that miracle mate. I'll take 25 Hutchings disposals + however many tackles he lays a week over 5 disposals from Yeo or Jetta when they decide to turn up. I have been a long time supporter of Yeo, but since he got suspended last year he's been awol for a lot of games.

As I said we clearly disagree on Hutchings. If you reckon he was the reason we beat Hawthorn then I'm not sure there's much we agree on. You watch football much?

No idea what happened when trying to quote a post but anyway in relation to the celebrations and laughing by our players at the end of the game - Totally can't stand watching that. They're not your ##$(( mates - they're the enemy! Do what you have to do, then get off the (##(#(* ground so you can wallow in your inept performance and get berated by Simpson.
I nearly threw my remote at the TV watching Gaz Jr having a gay old time with the cats players after they got flogged by 100 last weekend... and I'm not even a suns supporter!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly how I feel, another coach who feels that a game plan cannot be changed during the actual game.

Yet surely we all agree it was his game plan that took us from 10th to a grand final. That's an incredibly short memory span

what are the "basic fundamentals" Simmo speaks of? It comes out of his mouth a lot.
It's really quite clear what he means and it was evident we had improved significantly last year. Seem to have regressed. Hitting targets by hand and foot along with being clean when handling the ball, amazing how much we have regressed since the first bounce of last year's grand final.

I nearly threw my remote at the TV watching Gaz Jr having a gay old time with the cats players after they got flogged by 100 last weekend... and I'm not even a suns supporter!

If you follow what the majority of the players are interested in its mostly NBA or NFL. I get the impression that many just don't give a shit about football and treat the whole thing like a job which is fine. But to some of us its our passions and obsession.

I dont believe Simpson should be copping heat. I think he makes changes based on whats available to him during games.
We overachieved last year that is fairly self evident and any delusions we may have had about walking back there to have another shot again should be well and truly put to bed. We may still get there, it will take a much improved form turnaround by half the team but its possible.

I do believe he is honest where the team is at so I don't think he is under any pressure to perform miracles purely based on last years results. I think he is trying to install the Hawthorn flexibility and will take time. Clarkson copped a lot of heat for rejuvenating his team after their '08 win, and that took a couple of years.

I like his calm demeanour and I think he allows the players to do what they think is best and when it doesn't work he comes along and asks what they think went wrong and offers a direction. Its slowly slowly but is probably the best way to implement change when walking into an established team and not treading on toes, and perhaps why he is seen as to buddy buddy with the players.

The players are making so many unforced errors again like errant field kicks, poor shots on goal & handpasses that miss their target that it cant be on him. The lack of urgency in defence bothers me. As has been spoken Hurn seems disinterested at times and certainly isn't barking instructions as much from what I see. Mackenzie still hasn't really adjusted and we look heavy down there because of it.

One of the all time great Norm Smith performances that one. 5.3, off a wing if you don't mind!

Good luck against the Pies!

Thanks a lot for your reply wing:thumbsu:, bad luck for your loss on the weekend but hope you guys get back up which I'm sure you will:thumbsu:;).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back