Road to the Finals

Remove this Banner Ad

The thread title reminds me of a talking heads song... maybe apt for where we are at:

I'm feelin' okay this mornin'
And you know
We're on a road to paradise
Here we go, here we go

And it's very far away
But it's growing day by day
And it's alright, baby, it's alright
Thread has turned a corner & you know it needs a big suit.

JGi5OY.gif

The thread title reminds me of a talking heads song... maybe apt for where we are at:

I'm feelin' okay this mornin'
And you know
We're on a road to paradise
Here we go, here we go

And it's very far away
But it's growing day by day
And it's alright, baby, it's alright
Unfortunately we’ve been Making Flippy Floppy too much this year hence our precarious position 🥴

Let's hope this thread doesn't self destruct tomorrow night!!

I don't know what to expect - from either side. Sydney might bounce back from that, or continue to be a basket case.
We may have lifted only for Pendles and go back to basket cases ourselves, OR we may have recaptured what we are capable of!

Please don't self destruct!

As good as Brisbane are playing, I back us against them at the G.
I expect to beat Melbourne - we usually do lately.

Sydney at the SCG though....:weary:

Why would a Collingwood supporter always wanting Carlton to lose be an "obvious gag"? Do you secretly like Carlton?

Carlton losing all 3 games would help us get into finals.

Also, instead of continuing to be a prick and use words you don't actually understand, how do you not have a facile reading of the ladder? Is there some kind of hidden depth to how the ladder works?

Nah I'll just add you to the list of posters whose head I clearly live in rent free

The permutations jibe was because permutations are possible outcomes or in this case possible ladder order - you don't "do" permutations - they just are.

Kinda defeats the whole purpose of the thread, which is precisely to worry about what other teams do.
We won’t have to worry about anything if we lose tonight.

Just win. No point worrying about what other teams do. If it's meant to happen it will.

But other teams bring joy …

Seeing Carlton bring their fans thudding back down to earth with a series of losses brings joy. Knowing the competition were trolling them pre-season by pumping up expectations brings joy.

Seeing Port disappoint their fans with a series of wins brings joy. If they win the Premiership this year we’ll all be giggling to see a stadium full of sad sack Port fans fuming “FFS, now we’ll never get rid of Hinkley!!”

Seeing Freo embarrass the pundits for going hard on them for extending Longmuir’s contract brings joy.

Seeing Essendon reverting to type brings joy.

So much joy all around the competition …

Last edited:
But other teams bring joy …

Seeing Carlton bring their fans thudding back down to earth with a series of losses brings me joy. Knowing the competition were trolling them pre-season by pumping up expectations brings joy.

Seeing Port disappoint their fans with a series of wins brings joy. If they win the Premiership this year we’ll all be giggling to see a stadium full of sad sack Port fans fuming “FFS, now we’ll never get rid of Hinkley!!”

Seeing Freo embarrass the pundits for going hard on them for extending Longmuir’s contract brings joy.

Seeing Essendon reverting to type brings joy.

So much joy all around the competition …

You could add Richmond likely ‘winning’ the wooden spoon to that list of joyful season outcomes.👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very true. And as noted in OP, this thread will self-destruct if we do.

I'm hoping our come from behind victories weren't exciting to us anymore, so we've decided to do a come from behind season to up the stakes.

I wouldn’t mind if we tried doing ‘comfortable thrashing’ of our opposition. Just to mix things up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Road to the Finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back