• Ben Miller

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • Marlion Pickett

Votes: 27 14.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

richoplzbreed curious why you disagree lol

I think his effort and heart are up there with anyone. It's easy to sh1t on someone like Taranto for disposals and turnovers which ya get when you're under pressure or scrapping on your knees and been working your arse off. Baker has a high butcher rate and is bung average skills wise and turns it over plenty of times under no pressure. People forget the day he signed his contract last year he backed it up by playing putrid the next 2 months. Also being captain of a big club like the Tigers involves plenty of off field stuff with big business, politicians, rich benefactors. Nothing against Baker (I'm assuming he was home schooled being so isolated and working on a farm) but he can barely string a coherent sentence together. Might as well get Bolton to same deal. To me Baker is a very good average player. He doesn't really hurt the opposition. I'm happy for Taranto to do it he leads by example, trains hard, plays well, durable, speaks well. Same as when Kane Johnson came their weren't many other options our list is now practically old, young and a very thin core who're at their peak in the 23-26 to group.

I think his effort and heart are up there with anyone. It's easy to sh1t on someone like Taranto for disposals and turnovers which ya get when you're under pressure or scrapping on your knees and been working your arse off. Baker has a high butcher rate and is bung average skills wise and turns it over plenty of times under no pressure. People forget the day he signed his contract last year he backed it up by playing putrid the next 2 months. Also being captain of a big club like the Tigers involves plenty of off field stuff with big business, politicians, rich benefactors. Nothing against Baker (I'm assuming he was home schooled being so isolated and working on a farm) but he can barely string a coherent sentence together. Might as well get Bolton to same deal. To me Baker is a very good average player. He doesn't really hurt the opposition. I'm happy for Taranto to do it he leads by example, trains hard, plays well, durable, speaks well. Same as when Kane Johnson came their weren't many other options our list is now practically old, young and a very thin core who're at their peak in the 23-26 to group.
Baker went to boarding school in Perth

Brad Close suspended, Dangerfield injured, Stengle still out, Henry still out, Menegola still out, Guthrie still out, Rohan still out, Stanley still out. Couldn't get the cats at a better time.
Spuds.

Wonder if a few will be Road Runnered in?

Brad Close suspended, Dangerfield injured, Stengle still out, Henry still out, Menegola still out, Guthrie still out, Rohan still out, Stanley still out. Couldn't get the cats at a better time.

The Swans had a similar list of outs, in Gather Round, but it didn’t stop us turning in one of our worst performances

I remember his marking skills in wet weather. Just used to stick his arm and the ball would stick.
Gets chucked in the middle, up fwd, Got the ball 35 times vs Swans this year.
Durable.
I rate him as a player.
On field leaders? none better.

Captain material? Grimes and Nank are chalk and cheese

Get your Grimes/Cotch ~ good public speaker types to be Vice Captain.

Big call given we beat Footscray, North melbourne, West Coast, Brisbane and Sydney that year.
A lot to like about Hoggy, Honybun, the Flea, Lambo, Trent Nicholls, Brendan 'Bowser' Bower and Michael 'Pickers' Pickering.
Come to think of it, Pickering could teach Cumbo a thing or two about work rate and maximising obvious potential.
I suppose my mind could be playing tricks on me but I seem to recall that particular Richmond side being one of the worst I've seen. We did have a few guys who worked hard for not much reward, like the players you mentioned above (plus the great Dale Weightman), but we did put in some truly awful performances. Not surprising though as most of the list was made up of players who were either too old and finished, too young and not ready, or simply not league standard. The ones you mentioned were fine but unfortunately they were in the minority of the side.

I suppose my mind could be playing tricks on me but I seem to recall that particular Richmond side being one of the worst I've seen. We did have a few guys who worked hard for not much reward, like the players you mentioned above (plus the great Dale Weightman), but we did put in some truly awful performances. Not surprising though as most of the list was made up of players who were either too old and finished, too young and not ready, or simply not league standard. The ones you mentioned were fine but unfortunately they were in the minority of the side.

They were dark days indeed. Mind you, the side did have a presidential feel when Richard Nixon got a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He just doesn’t look to have the mental resilience that a backman needs to have.

He isn’t a forward and isn’t a ruckman either. He’s a huge concern.
Could be a chance to trade in a decent pick or two maybe. Not sure how many years is left on his contract. Still relatively young though.

Geelong have a lot of injuries. Our midfield could get on top if we bring it.
All week it will be media banging on #catshaveinjuries

Well guess what.............

morgan freeman idgaf GIF

IN: Banks, Dow, Bauer, Soldo, Cotchin (SUB 6 more to go)
OUT: Cumberland, Mansell, McIntosh, Miller, Clarke

Banks, Dow and Bauer need some reward for effort especially with Dow and Bauer out of contract we need to give them a solid block of games to decide if keeping or delisting. I wouldn't offer McIntosh a contract and time to give Banks and Ralphsmith solid games on the wing. Riewoldt got pantsed again he needs someone else to be the focal point and by default it's Bauer, maybe Bradtke soon. Wish Tarrant was around to play on Porkins. Got a feeling he's gonna kick a bag. I'll spew if he grabs it out of the ruck and snaps a goal. PLEASE HARDWICK INSTRUCT THE ENTIRE TEAM THAT SOMEONE NEEDS TO STAND ARMS LENGTH APART READY TO WRAP HIM UP THE SECOND HE SHOVES THE RUCKMAN AWAY START TO POUNCE.

IN: Banks, Dow, Bauer, Soldo, Cotchin (SUB 6 more to go)
OUT: Cumberland, Mansell, McIntosh, Miller, Clarke

Banks, Dow and Bauer need some reward for effort especially with Dow and Bauer out of contract we need to give them a solid block of games to decide if keeping or delisting. I wouldn't offer McIntosh a contract and time to give Banks and Ralphsmith solid games on the wing. Riewoldt got pantsed again he needs someone else to be the focal point and by default it's Bauer, maybe Bradtke soon. Wish Tarrant was around to play on Porkins. Got a feeling he's gonna kick a bag. I'll spew if he grabs it out of the ruck and snaps a goal. PLEASE HARDWICK INSTRUCT THE ENTIRE TEAM THAT SOMEONE NEEDS TO STAND ARMS LENGTH APART READY TO WRAP HIM UP THE SECOND HE SHOVES THE RUCKMAN AWAY START TO POUNCE.
Would like to see those ins.

Hmmm. Might have a small look at that $4 for the Tigers on Friday. Cats are definitely gettable at the moment.

Problem is so are we, lol.

Worst 46 point win in the history of football.
bolton and dusty great all game.
‘gee we missed broad.
miller good at centre bounces and ball ups, but my god, everywhere else just yuck.
good to see Prestia recapture some form.
Ryan is going to be a player.
clarke and Hugo meh. Still no closer to finding much out about them.
With every game Hugo plays I'm finding him more meh.

dimma is gonna rush in spud young to play on jeraldine cameron 🤣

Autopsy Roast & Toast v West Coast Round 8, changes for Geelong

Back