Votes: 4 2.1%
  • Marlion Pickett

Votes: 27 14.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

massive Joel Duckwood impersonation to get the free as well
100%

Although I’m not super fussed with it for the most part, they can be hard to judge for the ump and we get a few players doing the same but 100% should of been reversed

Great to get a win and actually hear the song being belted out after a game by the lads.
I think the Taranto and Hopper argument that we gave up first round picks for them is well and truly dead now. With our recent first round selections I doubt we would’ve picked two ready made A graders like them and they may not even exist . Prestia is still the smallest giant I’ve ever seen on a footy field and by God does he make us grow an extra leg. Great to also see the talented enigma in Bolton light up and put up a show for his old WA fans . Maybe we will get us our first two rounders back for Mr Magic 😂. Dusty was back to a 70% version of himself and looked better playing his old role.
Flossy returning to form was a big plus and with Broad were the standouts down back. Pickett was good with Rioli and Short.
My kids report
Mansell is a potato and needs vfl time and then delisted
HRS good link player with run , but needs an injection of testosterone
Clarke I’m happy with his progress and is showing similar potential as Sheds around the same age. I think with his leg speed and skill set he could develop into a player.
Cumberland is way out of sorts and down in confidence. Needs to mature in mental toughness as he has the the class to be a natural forward.
Ryan is a big talent and could be anything. Took four marks and is starting to hold his ground better in ruck contests.
Miller is strong and tough, but with a very limited skill set and I think is probably better off as a defender. I’m giving him a little neck room as he’s playing a role which is not suited to his natural game.
Ross down on last Year, but looking better and I think will get better with more games.

On the game plan with no Lynch we’re still messing around with it and delivery into FL is awful. Too much handball and often delivered poorly. Guys aren’t accelerating on the receive and look like they’re in slow motion. Overall our skills are below standards and I’m still concerned about our link work in the BL whether it can handle the pressure of a top eight team.
Can’t bomb it into forward 50 next week or Stewart will have 10+ intercept marks himself
Get
The ball into shais hands and let him cook
Been watching way to much NBA 😁

Watched a reply of the 2nd and 3rd quarters and for me the word "clunky" comes to mind. Can't question the endeavour for the most part but execution is just way off at the moment.

Handballs bouncing in front of a teammate from 4 or so metres, 20 metre foot passes going over players heads. Really fundamental errors which just kill us just about every time.

Another thing I noticed is when we do bomb inside 50 why are our minimal small forwards also contesting the mark, just doesn't make sense and can't believe the coaches instruct the smalls to do this so is it simply lack of footy smarts by these players?

We need to be careful when, where and how we play Cotch, Dion and Jack Graham at the same time.

With the two GWS lads leading the mid rotations and finally Dusty spending more time in there with Bolton we need to not get too bogged down with these 3 floating around half forward at the same time.

Worked for Dion yesterday but all 3 would make us very one paced through there.

Was just watching the highlights and noticed that although Graham didn’t get a massive amount of the ball he was instrumental in the forward line

Was involved in Clarke’s with a 1%er and a couple of Prestias goals by setting them up

Type of stuff we have missed in our forward line a lot this year and the type of stuff that was Lamberts bread and butter but not rewarded on the stat sheet

He’s pretty reliable. You know what you’re going to get with him each game. And he played with Taranto and Hopper in the middle so there’s a spot for him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1st half was some of the worst footy Ive seen - just really stunk, we are so bereft of confidence, even Dusty was missing simple 5-7 metre handballs. The good part was after qtr time, we dominated the play and played the game on our terms albeit poorly. About halfway through the 3rd when meatball went bang bang bang, we started finding some cohesiveness and fluency in ball movement(that could also be bc west coast started dropping off).

Negatives - we all know so no point going over the same ground. Not singling anyone out individually, its just unforced errors and a clear lack of confidence.

Positives - Tarranto and Hopper were brilliant, I'm ecstatic to have them in our side - they and the team as a whole will only get better from here. I think we made positive progress in finding the right "mix" Tarranto/Hopper/Bolton with Prestia playing high HF worked really well. Prestia barely touched it in the first qtr, but really got into his stride the longer the game went on. Great to see Dusty spending more time in midfield as well, he's building his body of work up to a point where he's able to start taking a bigger workload.

Watching Ross yesterday the first word that came to mind was tidy, for the most part played within himself, gave off the simple handball or pass and didnt try and do too much. Pickett was impactful, Baker and Rioli reliably good.

I thought Short was fantastic, happy to see him lay 9 tackles.

As someone whose been less than impressed with Vlastuin's antics this season, he was solid as a rock and back to his best yesterday, Broad too was brilliant as usual. Balta was beaten by a very good opponent but he also won a lot of contests himself. He's still got to work on a few things but we are a better side with him down back no doubt about it.

That was the most complete game we've seen from Ryan in his to date short career. He may not have the core strength yet, but he has long levers and gets his hands to a lot of hitouts, even against Grundy and Gawn he held his own. To top it off with some important marks and a good goal just puts him on the radar that hey this guy is worth planning for and watching which then opens up the fwd line a little bit more for lynch and reiwoldt.

I was surprised to see Clarke only had 2 kicks and 7 touches, it felt more impactful than that watching the game. Smart player. Good to have JGTI back, he looked pretty fit and will be better for the run.

The much loved and respected Meatballs 200th next week - almost poetic it comes against the mob and player who ko'd him and probably stopped our season from getting into top gear last year. Have no doubt the boys will be red hot next week and give it absolutely everything to beat those campaigners, whether we can atm is another thing but we wont be found wanting in the desire stakes thats for sure. Win next week and we have a chance to start building some momentum. Without hope, what do we have hey?

Gotta love Damo out-doing Kane in the 'I hate Richmond,' pagent.

Lol. We’ve won a game of footy they spent 10 mins sledging the coach and the club. Gee whiz

Barrett who said we couldn’t win a flag without Tross. The guy is the biggest flog in the media.

Taranto easily leading our B&F. So with Cornes saying he is not in the top 150 afl players, he is basically admitting Richmond have no players good enough to be in the top 150 then. Now I've heard it all from Kane "click bait " Cornes.

Cracking Up Lol GIF

There is no greater certainty than Cumberland being dropped for next week.

The worst game by a Tiger since Sam Ryan's debut. Probably worse even.
just had a 'nearly' quarter or so, and has been so mind-#$%^& by Dimma/media that he completely collapses in mind and effort if he doesn't impact in every quarter he plays.

the treatment of him for 3 goals in the 1st quarter compared to van Rooyen for three goals in the 4th quarter was stark a couple of weeks ago.

really bad situation for a small FWD as they as more likely than any other player to have long periods on the periphery of the game.

needs to be rested, get the attention off him, then VFL coach needs to reset him mentally.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast & Toast v West Coast Round 8, changes for Geelong

Back