Robbo cries for his beloved Albert

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome and all, but now I want it to be your name. Mr and Mrs Goon with young master T Goon. In the social section. Or at church.

I have a dog called Master Renzo T.Bone Goon if that helps.

You mean the coach they tried to sack but then had to back down after he threatened them?

You think the decision makers have done a good job? If it was my club they would have been booted out.
I think Simon Madden's explanation about the future role of Mark Thompson and his departure is a credible one. I don't think a comparison with your club which I presume is Carlton, is appropriate here. Who knows what your club would have done.

I think Simon Madden's explanation about the future role of Mark Thompson and his departure is a credible one. I don't think a comparison with your club which I presume is Carlton, is appropriate here. Who knows what your club would have done.
John Elliott ring a bell? Yes I know what 17 clubs would have done. Only one club would have done nothing.

Oh Robbo. You give clowns a bad name.

"Surely, the AFL want the players to be found not guilty because the alternative is carnage for the competition — appeals, more appeals, and the Bombers would require kids and top-ups for who knows how long.

A not guilty plea might also spare the AFL from a tsunami of legal writs over an alleged breach of duty care.

It might not save them from James Hird, however.

Will he seek revenge or let sleeping dogs lie?"

"It might not save them from James Hird".

That gives me a chuckle every time I read it back.

James Hird has taken on some mythological status to Robbo. He who shall smite his opponents.

Unless of course, he takes them to court. He doesn't have a very good strike rate there.

Lol don't you have to argue when defamed that you have suffered loss on accord of it? Didn't the bloke get paid the year he was suspended and get a 2 year contact extension? Where's the loss?

Would love another court case...maybe we might get a decent definition of the role of Head Coach...is it a) show up 2 hours before the game and use whatever the Match Committee made available...or b) know every single aspect of the player's capability and condition under his charge.

How does this fly with the player defence noted in the Age today...

"It might not save them from James Hird".

That gives me a chuckle every time I read it back.

James Hird has taken on some mythological status to Robbo. He who shall smite his opponents.

Unless of course, he takes them to court. He doesn't have a very good strike rate there.
You just know that he collects beans that look like Jimmy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Surely, the AFL want the players to be found not guilty because the alternative is carnage for the competition — appeals, more appeals, and the Bombers would require kids and top-ups for who knows how long.

A not guilty plea might also spare the AFL from a tsunami of legal writs over an alleged breach of duty care.

holy shit

I think WADA's weak as piss.
heh, I wouldn't go that far, but I think they are nothing more a bureaucracy who are reliant on politics and funding for their ongoing existence and that should be understood at all times.

On second thoughts, we have practically the same opinion ;)

One of the reasons I cancelled my subscription a way back. His articles are abysmal and wow betide anyone who disagrees with him (or Hird).

haha he really has.

I love that line though, because you can interchange James Hird with WADA and Robbo with 90% of the HTB. Well said.
WADA is the governing body.

Not sure why you're so convinced that they'll have no input.

WADA is the governing body.

Not sure why you're so convinced that they'll have no input.
sorry to be a pedant, but WADA isn't the governing body. That's the AFL.

But that aside, I am not convinced they will have no input. They retain the right of review, quite rightly, and I believe there is at least a reasonable chance they'll get involved. But my opinion, for a number of reasons, is that they probably won't.

Whereas the post you quoted refers to the syndrome of people thinking WADA is the white knight of justice. For ****s sakes, one of your Hawthorn brethren posted in utter sincerity that he couldn't understand why WADA hadn't punished the AFL for delaying things. Yes, you read that right. That somehow WADA are a magical policeman that will righteously smite the AFL, somehow... despite the fact that in reality WADA never punish anyone, let alone one of the sports they have co-signed an agreement with...

sorry to be a pedant, but WADA isn't the governing body. That's the AFL.

But that aside, I am not convinced they will have no input. They retain the right of review, quite rightly, and I believe there is at least a reasonable chance they'll get involved. But my opinion, for a number of reasons, is that they probably won't.

Whereas the post you quoted refers to the syndrome of people thinking WADA is the white knight of justice. For ****s sakes, one of your Hawthorn brethren posted in utter sincerity that he couldn't understand why WADA hadn't punished the AFL for delaying things. Yes, you read that right. That somehow WADA are a magical policeman that will righteously smite the AFL, somehow... despite the fact that in reality WADA never punish anyone, let alone one of the sports they have co-signed an agreement with...
People say silly or contradictory things all the time.

I saw a Bomber poster ironically state this morning that Occam's Razor should be applied to the Collingwood players case, for example.
;)

People say silly or contradictory things all the time.

I saw a Bomber poster ironically state this morning that Occam's Razor should be applied to the Collingwood players case, for example.
;)
oh snap, cos that was me right?

But you should have a comma either side of the word "ironically", otherwise it renders your statement a bit nonsensical. You're welcome ;)

oh snap, cos that was me right?

But you should have a comma either side of the word "ironically", otherwise it renders your statement a bit nonsensical. You're welcome ;)
Haha, yes that was you, you grammar nazi.

[QHe's E="Echols, post: 37658826, member: 24652"]Oh Robbo. You give clowns a bad name.

Will he seek revenge or let sleeping dogs lie?"[/QUOTE]

Wow

He not even pretending now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back