Robert Harvey: Most overrated player ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

This post pretty much sums up Robert Harvey a tee - "lived clean", "worked hard" and was "well respected", absolutely no mention of anything he ever did on the field.

all you nuff nuffs need to know is he was voted BOG 44 times in the brownlow.

and one for you to ponder

St Kilda with Robert Harvey 1989 - 2008 194 wins - 181 losses @ 51%
St Kilda w/out Robert Harvey 1989 - 2008 a Carlton like 19 wins - 56 losses @ 25%

all you nuff nuffs need to know is he was voted BOG 44 times in the brownlow.

All that proves is how shit the people were around him during his career. Anyway, since when have Brownlow results provided any indication of a player's ability? If you want to use them I assume you will be the first to congratulate Marc Murphy & Bryce Gibbs on their new superstar status (Top 10 players in the AFL).

St Kilda with Robert Harvey 1989 - 2008 194 wins - 181 losses @ 51%
St Kilda w/out Robert Harvey 1989 - 2008 a Carlton like 19 wins - 56 losses @ 25%

Anyone can find meaningless stats to prove a point. St Kilda without Robert Harvey 2009..?? :D:D

All that proves is how shit the people were around him during his career. Anyway, since when have Brownlow results provided any indication of a player's ability? If you want to use them I assume you will be the first to congratulate Marc Murphy & Bryce Gibbs on their new superstar status (Top 10 players in the AFL).

Damn straight, as I mentioned in the Supercoach 2010 thread they will be my first 2 players picked alongside Carltons other no.1 picks Kreuzer and Goddard.

Anyone can find meaningless stats to prove a point. St Kilda without Robert Harvey 2009..?? :D:D

But not everybody can find meaningful ones, it is an art you know. ie

St Kilda with Robert Harvey 2009..?? :D:D :confused:

Anyway, since when have Brownlow results provided any indication of a player's ability?

Never has been and never will be. It's a midfielders award.... and not only that it's the umpire's pet award. Guys like Robert Harvey who are strugglers and tryers.... and more importantly don't say boo to the umpires get the votes.

You could just see Robert Harvey before the game going into the umpires dressing rooms looking like Barney Rubble and shaking all the umpires hand in this gay soft monotone voice telling them to all have a nice day and giving them a big hug. :rolleyes:

One of the softest most boring players to ever put on a football jumper. He is just another version of Rowan Jones except Rowan Jones could kick 5 metres further and didn't play his entire time in the midfield because the Eagles actually had midfielders with talent and St Blunda didn't.

So Judd and Cousins were Umpires pets, strugglers and tryers and don't say boo to umpires, shakes the hands with the umpires and gave them hugs before a game?

Your logic fails harder than West Coast do Braun...

I hope Harvs kicking skills & pace dont rub of on murph & gibbs

I wouldn't worry, you don't have any forwards to hit lace out time after time.

He was not only an extremely over rated player who epitomized team failure and looked for individual honours first, he is obviously a totally useless coach even with super talents at his disposal. One look at how Carlton folded in the finals under pressure shows how Harvey has brought StBlunder type fail to the Blues.

Hopefully his selfish style and inability to function under pressure does not rub off at Carlton b4 he is sacked.

He was not only an extremely over rated player who epitomized team failure and looked for individual honours first, he is obviously a totally useless coach even with super talents at his disposal. One look at how Carlton folded in the finals under pressure shows how Harvey has brought StBlunder type fail to the Blues.

Carlton played finals?

Oh, I see you're talking about losing to Essendon twice, isn't that normally the height of your ambitions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully his selfish style and inability to function under pressure does not rub off at Carlton b4 he is sacked.

Troll_fail.jpg

Mine was a serious post. In Bay13 that is rare, which is probably why it is being ridiculed so quickly.

For Carlton to move forward they must get rid of Harvey and his StFailure mentality.

You don't hire career losers to guide you to premierships. Time to get rid of that spud already.

Shouldn't carlton be just a trophy cabinet and nothing else then cos that's all they've got and will have for the future with the hacks your putting on the field.

Edit: Disregard I didn't realize you went for Unlisted.

Mine was a serious post. In Bay13 that is rare, which is probably why it is being ridiculed so quickly.

For Carlton to move forward they must get rid of Harvey and his StFailure mentality.

You don't hire career losers to guide you to premierships. Time to get rid of that spud already.

Losers mentality?

You'd get rid of the players before Harves, and yes I'm being serious too.

look at Fev, his 69 wins and 116 losses was a fine place to start, next I'd look at Houlihan, he's under 33%. Thornton 46 wins 102 losses - out.

Plenty more too.

Losers mentality?

You'd get rid of the players before Harves, and yes I'm being serious too.

look at Fev, his 69 wins and 116 losses was a fine place to start, next I'd look at Houlihan, he's under 33%. Thornton 46 wins 102 losses - out.

Plenty more too.
Look at your own home pal. StFailure got better as soon as he left and Carlton choked in a final with hiim there, which I can't remember ever seeing before.

Harvey = loser mentality.

Look at your own home pal. StFailure got better as soon as he left and Carlton choked in a final with hiim there, which I can't remember ever seeing before.

I can't remember Carlton playing finals either

Harvey = loser mentality.

this is a very true statement. i mean serious..... while he was with StChoke, they where a very mediocre side... then when he leaves, all of a sudden they are making grand finals and winning all their games... coincidence? i dont think so.

he has a bad aura about him...

Remove this Banner Ad

Robert Harvey: Most overrated player ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back