Robert Harvey: Most overrated player ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

absolute superstar.
he was imo the model b4 Judd.
his hip sway 2 beak tackles & keep going
then deliver pinpoint passes at pace,
both in traffic & outside.
honestly, have always rated him.
reckon he is better than Riewoldt (to date & difficult 2 judge different positions)
definitely better than Voss who was a Worsfold type good player but great leader.
am i missing something (i know that is an opening) about his character?
from what i heard it was Scarlett who rubbished him.
would like 2 hear what others have 2 say about him as a bloke, but as a footballer i reckon he was the model 4 a midfielder b4 Juddy upped it.

Clever Freo Supporter, I didn't think they had the brains.:eek:

Try reading your own posts next time before posting it.
Also, stop back tracking, to get out of being logically bitch slapped!

So, as Robert Harvey became older, he lost some of the talent he had during his prime? WOW, STOP THE PRESS! AGE AFFECTS HUMANS!!!

So from that, Harvey is pathetic?

Who said he had talent? I certainly didnt. :eek:

So the entire AFL 'community'(what is the AFL community btw Braunless?)

Let me give you an example. When your club is such a prolonged history of complete failure.... that the club decides after winning 10 home and away games in a row that it should bring out a DVD to commemorate the occasion because it is the first time they can actually sell something to their supporters that they would want to keep....... and every single AFL supporter in the world minus St Failure supporters are falling around laughing at how pathetic your club is. Those supporters make up the entire AFL community. :eek:

>select brain from user where user_name='CM86';

>no records found

HAHAHA :D :D :D

Found this code one of St Blunda's state of the art 386's they use in the coaches box.

Dim intPremierships As Integer
Dim intYears As Integer
Dim intPremiershipRatio as Integer

Select GFWins As intPremierships from GrandFinals where tvbroadcast = 'colour' and jumper_holding_cup = 'St Kilda'

Select Years As intYears from Competition where team = 'St Kilda'

intPremiershipRatio = intPremierships / intYears

> Divide by Zero Error

Was the BigFooty outage today due to the monthly archiving of St Kilda fail!? No wonder it took so long, lots of failure to store in this month :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did his job without ever really being noticed. I actually only heard of him for the first time today. How many games did he play, 75 or so?

Shame his career ended. He had the potential to be the next Dave Wojinski. From what I can gather the problem was a lack of courage as well as poor commitment to the club.

This was a fun thread

he did a bradbury on one of his brownlow's when Mc Kernan was inelible to win it.

Wasn't it when Chris Grant polled more votes, but he got rubbed out for a love tap?

kudos to OP
this dud of a player has to be one of the leagues biggest bradbury's ever. disgrace to the game.

Harvey won the 1997 MVP, so clearly those that really know the game believed he was the best player that year. Grant winning would have been joke like Libba, Woe, Wynd... so all's well that ends well ;)

2>1 Think about it Braun it's not hard, although in the west I guess they don't teach that well. I'd imagine your VCE equivalent English would comprise of learning the alphabet.

Robert Harvey is one of the most overrated players in AFL history. While many will have you believe he is up there with Buckley, Voss, Hird and Carey as legends of the the last 15 years, what games has Robert Harvey ever won off his own boot? While he is a class act off the field, his on-field performances have always been mediocre at best. He is as slow as a Holden Barina in reverse, cant kick for goal and can barely even bend down to get the footy when its on the ground. If it wasnt for Shane Woewodin and Adam Goodes he would be one of the least deserving brownlow medallists ever. While the St Kilda like to think he's one of the greats of the game, the truth is he is just another average St Kilda club player like Stewart Loewe and Nathan Bourke and will be forgotten before the first bounce in 2009.
The only flaw in Robert Harvey's game was that he wasn't in Navy Blue.
Are you serious with your comments or just being controversial for controversy's sake ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Robert Harvey: Most overrated player ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back