Robert Harvey: Most overrated player ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

Robert Harvey has played 379 games for 215 goals. That's 0.56 goals a game.

Lonergan has played 18 games for 32 goals (1.7 goals a game), Stokes has played 46 games for 70 goals (1.5 goals a game), Mackie averages about 0.8 goals a game.

What is the objective of AFL? Scoring goals. These players are currently far better, on average than Harvey. Harvey is a decent player, but on the whole a mediocre contributor.

You wan ker!

Go have a think about what the objective is of AFL. If you come up with "to win the match" you may be a onto something there. I guess there is no point to a CHB if a forward pocket scores more points?

I suggest you watch some old tapes of harvey at his best, it is simply astounding. No doubt that he is a bit slower than he was, but that is like judging Dermie on his Sydney days or Carey at the Crows (except that Harvey has kept his standard higher), or even Ablett as a washed up shell of a human, or Stoneham for his steriod abuse, or you for having no clue without taking your shoe size IQ into account.

Don't bother replying, I have unsubscribed from this thread.

Will Robert Harvey p*ss off already.....longest winded retirement in history

he should have given it away 3 years ago

Agreed. FFS I have been fed up with this Harvey crap over the past month.

Was a good player in a very average side.

Voss, Hird, Buckley and Ricciuto are all better players than Harvey and didn't get the send off this bloke has. Each of these had the ability to turn a game off their own boot.

Agreed. FFS I have been fed up with this Harvey crap over the past month.

Was a good player in a very average side.

Voss, Hird, Buckley and Ricciuto are all better players than Harvey and didn't get the send off this bloke has. Each of these had the ability to turn a game off their own boot.

Typical adelaide scum.

$10 says we have to endure YET ANOTHER Robert Harvey farewell come Grand Final day. Will this guy ever piss off? For a humble guy this bloke certainly loves having his tyres pumped up. This guy is getting a bigger send off than EJ Whitten.

Robert Harvey has played 379 games for 215 goals. That's 0.56 goals a game.

Lonergan has played 18 games for 32 goals (1.7 goals a game), Stokes has played 46 games for 70 goals (1.5 goals a game), Mackie averages about 0.8 goals a game.

What is the objective of AFL? Scoring goals. These players are currently far better, on average than Harvey. Harvey is a decent player, but on the whole a mediocre contributor.

WORST POST EVER!!!

So by your calculations, Lonergan and Andrew are better players than Matthew Scarlett, Steven Silvagni etc, etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know this is bay 13 but this is a new low... Robert Harvey overrated?

Oh I'm sorry, you go and play 21 seasons of AFL for the same club when you turn sixteen in twelve years time...

How about Bigfooty: Most overrated website ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't care if I get banned and lose my account for this because this is the msot DISGRACEFUL POST I HAVE EVER READ ON AN INTERNET FORUM.

I thought this would at least be a joke but no.... you're seirous.

So go on, you play 383 games of footy in this day and age and then you can say his overrated you twat.

Your mother should have swallowed you!:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Robert Harvey is one of the most overrated players in AFL history. While many will have you believe he is up there with Buckley, Voss, Hird and Carey as legends of the the last 15 years, what games has Robert Harvey ever won off his own boot? While he is a class act off the field, his on-field performances have always been mediocre at best. He is as slow as a Holden Barina in reverse, cant kick for goal and can barely even bend down to get the footy when its on the ground. If it wasnt for Shane Woewodin and Adam Goodes he would be one of the least deserving brownlow medallists ever. While the St Kilda like to think he's one of the greats of the game, the truth is he is just another average St Kilda club player like Stewart Loewe and Nathan Bourke and will be forgotten before the first bounce in 2009.

hahaha just when you thought bay 13 couldnt get any lower!

Solidly average player. Had the odd good year, but nothing more. Saying Harvey is the best player to come out of the Saints just shows how poor of a club they really are. Personally I put the likes of Mackie, Lonergan and Stokes well above him.

You sir, are a peanut... Oxygen thief :thumbsdown:

$10 says we have to endure YET ANOTHER Robert Harvey farewell come Grand Final day. Will this guy ever piss off? For a humble guy this bloke certainly loves having his tyres pumped up. This guy is getting a bigger send off than EJ Whitten.
you peanut...

harvey didnt have a clue that last night was going to happen...

your a joke pal, even carlton supporters are ashamed of your posts...

get back in your hole, i would bag carlton, but the fact that your supporters seem like good blokes and think your a tool so im not going to bag your team....

your just a knob head..

You wan ker!

Go have a think about what the objective is of AFL. If you come up with "to win the match" you may be a onto something there. I guess there is no point to a CHB if a forward pocket scores more points?

I suggest you watch some old tapes of harvey at his best, it is simply astounding. No doubt that he is a bit slower than he was, but that is like judging Dermie on his Sydney days or Carey at the Crows (except that Harvey has kept his standard higher), or even Ablett as a washed up shell of a human, or Stoneham for his steriod abuse, or you for having no clue without taking your shoe size IQ into account.

Don't bother replying, I have unsubscribed from this thread.

Haha, people are still taking the bait on this one?! I guess Saints fans are atleast as passionate as they are dumb.

Harvey was a gun. However over the last couple of seasons he has struggled a bit more as Father time catches up on us all. People who have the attention span of Bart Simpson will only remember his declining years and not what he was in his prime and they have cheerfully identified themselves in this thread with some pretty piss poor posts. Don't worry kids, the new 20/20 season starts soon.

regards,

REB

12 months after the retirement of this horrible player retires what happens? The Robert Harvey curse has FINALLY lifted. St Kilda fans rejoice!!

12 months after the retirement of this horrible player retires what happens? The Robert Harvey curse has FINALLY lifted. St Kilda fans rejoice!!

We haven't won the flag yet flog so how can any curse be lifted? We also made a GF with Robert Harvey and he was one of our best players that day.

Also horrible players dont play almost 400 games, win two Brownlows and have eight All-Australian selections. If you want a horrible player than take a look at Tom Murphy and Simon Taylor.

No-one is saying he is horrible, just that he is stupidly overrated for an average plodder who really did nothing memorable or contributed anything to the game in 21 seasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Robert Harvey: Most overrated player ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back