Robert Harvey vs Brad Ottens - who deserves a premiership medallion more?

Remove this Banner Ad

No I haven't. I just can't take you seriously. How can you expect to me to listen to your criticism of another club, when you don't know jack shit about your own. If you actually had some facts or information to deliver I might reconsider, but you are just ranting and raving rhetoric. You know my opinions, so not much else to be said with you. BTW, I don't care if you don't like purple and hate our club song, before you start.
You honestly need to get over this: it's trivial. So he didn't know that Corey hadn't resigned - it has nothing to do with anything! Maybe he used it as a point to counter yours, but that doesn't change the fact that not knowing about a player's contract does not change anything about his knowledge of football or his club. Watching football games is a better way to know 'jack' about football, not formulating hypothetical situations and making excuses, then picking out one small point and attacking someone over it.

Why, that's about as intelligent as quoting someone's post and changing what they said to amuse yourself.

I notice you still haven't responded to my counter to your '44 years/AFL counts only not VFL' arguments.

Sean. said:
Harvey didn't choose to go to the Saints did he? He's won 2 brownlow medals.
When was the last time a ruckman won a Brownlow anyway? Harvey may be a better player but that doesn't mean he deserves a flag more than Ottens does. Otto was smart and jumped the ship that was Richmond to go to a better club. Maybe Harvey has more club spirit and honour but the fact is if you stay at a club going nowhere you'll go nowhere.

Sometimes you have to do certain things to get ahead in life. They'll either turn out good or bad, but either way it's better than wondering what if. St. Kilda have done nothing for Harvey so why waste his time trying to please them? He deserves a lot better than what he has, that's for sure!

No I haven't. I just can't take you seriously. How can you expect to me to listen to your criticism of another club, when you don't know jack shit about your own. If you actually had some facts or information to deliver I might reconsider, but you are just ranting and raving rhetoric. You know my opinions, so not much else to be said with you. BTW, I don't care if you don't like purple and hate our club song, before you start.

See, you're embarassing yourself. You're trying to put up a smokescreen because you made a bunch of pithy, vapid comments about Brad Ottens being the most overrated player of the decade, Fremantle being premiership contenders, and Joel Corey going to Freo for nothing. An honest misunderstanding about the contract status of a single player, and I know jack shit about my own club?

If you want rhetoric, have a look at the past few posts you have addressed me with.

No, I'm just writing you off for thinking that Corey was signed. He wasn't and you were wrong. The fact that you were wrong about one of your own players for an issue that is so big is laughable. I can't converse with people of such poor talent. It's depressing to waste my time with you.

What post am I dodging. You claim victory, yet you thought Corey was contracted. What more is their to discuss? You have no idea of your own list, let alone others. Hardly anything to deal with. You're delusional if you think that you have dished out any poignant facts or points. Corey is not contracted. 'Deal with it.'

Again, a load of hollow rhetoric. Have you ever made a post here that isn't so... 'Bay13'.

You didn't even know Joel Corey hadn't signed. You were trying to argue that he had and now you rightfully look like a dimwit. Who is going to take you seriously when you don't even know that. Not me. Out of all the posters here, you stand out as the dumbest of the lot.

You see, Joel Corey hasn't signed with Geelong. If one of Freo's best players had not signed on for next year, we would be without a doubt on the status.

You're a nong. Joel Corey has not signed on past 2008...Mate, you're a dunce.

Haha, you're a dunce. Of course their wasn't a link provided. It is common knowledge that he hasn't. You know nothing about your own football club, yet you expect people to take your views on other teams seriously.

No, it hasn't made a liar of you. That would be the easy thing to accept. You were ranting and raving only to find that you were wrong. You didn't knowingly lie. You simply didn't know.

YOU are the one who was trying to say that Corey was contracted...You act like you know your facts, yet you don't even know that one of your best players is out of contract. It's hardly ranting and raving to pick someone up on an obvious and pathetic oversight...Your hollow rhetoric is hardly challenging me. You thought Joel Corey was had re-signed. That's laughable...

And just to highlight the patheticness of it all:

So that's what your discussion comes down to? A joke? A lame joke at that...no intelligence...it shows.

You honestly need to get over this: it's trivial. So he didn't know that Corey hadn't resigned - it has nothing to do with anything! Maybe he used it as a point to counter yours, but that doesn't change the fact that not knowing about a player's contract does not change anything about his knowledge of football or his club. Watching football games is a better way to know 'jack' about football, not formulating hypothetical situations and making excuses, then picking out one small point and attacking someone over it.

Why, that's about as intelligent as quoting someone's post and changing what they said to amuse yourself.

I notice you still haven't responded to my counter to your '44 years/AFL counts only not VFL' arguments.

When was the last time a ruckman won a Brownlow anyway? Harvey may be a better player but that doesn't mean he deserves a flag more than Ottens does. Otto was smart and jumped the ship that was Richmond to go to a better club. Maybe Harvey has more club spirit and honour but the fact is if you stay at a club going nowhere you'll go nowhere.

Sometimes you have to do certain things to get ahead in life. They'll either turn out good or bad, but either way it's better than wondering what if. St. Kilda have done nothing for Harvey so why waste his time trying to please them? He deserves a lot better than what he has, that's for sure!

What a completely ignorant thing to say.

Perhaps get a clue before posting such tripe.

See, you're embarassing yourself. You're trying to put up a smokescreen because you made a bunch of pithy, vapid comments about Brad Ottens being the most overrated player of the decade, Fremantle being premiership contenders, and Joel Corey going to Freo for nothing. An honest misunderstanding about the contract status of a single player, and I know jack shit about my own club?

If you want rhetoric, have a look at the past few posts you have addressed me with.
Go back and include the posts I was replying to. Also, maybe go and look up the exact meaning of the word rhetoric. You're a little lost.

And just to highlight the patheticness of it all:

Again, go and check the post I was replying to.
God you're a dumbass. So, so in denial.

Go back and include the posts I was replying to. Also, maybe go and look up the exact meaning of the word rhetoric. You're a little lost.

Man up and take accountability for the shit you've dribbled. The fact that Corey has not re-signed is not even the issue. It's you telling us that Freo will get him for nothing.

Here you go;

...rhetorical arguments, as in politics or even justice, do not make use of demonstrable or tested truths, but resort to fallible opinions...

Like Brad Ottens being the most overrated player of the last decade, and a terrible person to boot :cool: You have your own Sandilands, Hedland, and plenty of others to defuse that argument straight away.

Freo being a contender? There we have a perfect example of a fallible opinion.

God you're a dumbass. So, so in denial.

Like a baby flinging shit from their own nappy.

What a completely ignorant thing to say.

Perhaps get a clue before posting such tripe.
I'm not saying he should have left, I'm saying that if he wanted to win a flag so badly he could have left. Like I said, sometimes to get ahead you have to do certain things that aren't favourable.

hoogs said:
44 years....now that's a joke.
Thinking Corey has re-signed when you're a Geelong supporter...even bigger joke.
You...let's not go there.
That's right, ignore my 44 years comeback. Ignore my entire post. Just go straight to the GC post, that will make you look positively ingenious. Finding something stupid in a post by GC, why that's as special as finding a lie in a George Bush speech. Great work!

Remove this Banner Ad

Robert Harvey vs Brad Ottens - who deserves a premiership medallion more?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back