Rolling Ashes Squad Thread, now featuring Haddin XII v Hick XII beginning p. 147

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Langer comes across as comically parochial with WA and is a big fan of Mitch Marsh based on his media comments.

Funnily enough Langer absolutely should have put Marsh in the WC squad, he's shown he can perform consistently at ODI level, can score quickly from the get go, and can take wickets (all things Stoinis lacked), unfortunately after selecting MMarsh in the Test team on the back of his bowling when he was averaging well over 40 (from memory) in the Shield he may have lacked the gumption to pick him again.
Thanks RP,for the sensible and mature reply,hopefully I might get the same from the 'lol' guy.
I still don't get if Bancroft and Marsh are 'Langer Boys',why they were also playing under Lehmann.

The fact some people are outraged Carey isn't in is just straight up hilarious.
I really enjoy tests and 20/20 surpringly enough,ODI don't really interest me outside the WC. I do though understand the huge difference between the 2 white ball formats and Test cricket.
Without sounding to arrogant,I really do think that people calling for Carey in the Test side might not fully grasp the differences,and how big they actually are.
All that aside,Paine has done an excellent job with the bat,gloves and captaincy,in a really challenging period for Australian Cricket.

I really enjoy tests and 20/20 surpringly enough,ODI don't really interest me outside the WC. I do though understand the huge difference between the 2 white ball formats and Test cricket.
Without sounding to arrogant,I really do think that people calling for Carey in the Test side might not fully grasp the differences,and how big they actually are.
All that aside,Paine has done an excellent job with the bat,gloves and captaincy,in a really challenging period for Australian Cricket.
The scariest thing is people like Mark Waugh, Taylor and Warne have been advocating for Carey to play. If they can't grasp the difference between white ball cricket and reb ball cricket in England there is no hope for casual fans who hardly watch any cricket outside of Australia. People take the word of Warne as gospel when in reality he is one of the most clueless cricket pundits out there when it comes to selections.

Warner, Bancroft, Khawaja, Smith, Head, Wade, Paine, Pattinson, Cummins, Lyon, Hazlewood.
Roy, Crawley, Bairstow, Root, Stokes, Buttler, Ali, Woakes, Archer/Curran, Broad, Anderson.

Not too bad from Warne actually.
5-7 for us scares the shit out of me. They have Ali at 7 there though so gettable as he's shit.

Pattinson's fitness still worries me, and we can ill afford to lose a bowler in game.
He's played 13 4 days matches, a handful of BBL games and some 50 over games since October. I am pretty confident he will get through 2 or 3 tests. Very much doubt they will let him play all 5 or even two on the trot. We need a Siddle type who can run in all day at one end with Lyon so we can rotate Pattinson and whoever the other bowler is at the other.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The scariest thing is people like Mark Waugh, Taylor and Warne have been advocating for Carey to play. If they can't grasp the difference between white ball cricket and reb ball cricket in England there is no hope for casual fans who hardly watch any cricket outside of Australia. People take the word of Warne as gospel when in reality he is one of the most clueless cricket pundits out there when it comes to selections.
You have to wonder if these guys seriously believe some of the things they say or if they are just trying to stir up some internet interest etc.
Surely these guys must have one public opinion and one private,that could be quite different?
Anyway,I thought selection was pretty good. You can't pick everyone,and it's not like any out and out champions missed out,most of these guys are pretty similar.

Bancroft most likely would've kept his spot if not for the sandpaper scandal as he was one of our leading run scorers in SA. More than deserves his chance at it again and the bloke just loves the gritty batting you can tell.

But Lehmann also picked Marsh and Bancroft? This JL thing would only make sense if they were debuting?
I’d have life banned all 3. No respect for any of them.

It’s dead simple. If he picks Starc and Marsh we lose the Ashes. We’re playing with 9

I’d have life banned all 3. No respect for any of them.

It’s dead simple. If he picks Starc and Marsh we lose the Ashes. We’re playing with 9
How does any of that have anything to do with what I said?
How are Bancroft and Marsh 'JL boys' if they also played under Lehmann? That's what I asked.
It's a pretty straightforward question,what does sandpapergate or Starc now magically have anything to do with what I said?

Centuries that Burns made were on grounds were the pitch was flat (All you have to see is the scorecards) whereas Bancroft was probably our best bat against SA in South Africa when all batsman failed.
From what I've seen Burns is more suspect with the moving ball, and that tour game Bancroft gritted it out against great bowling opposition.
I feel they'll go with Starc regardless as they'll want a left arm bowler.

How does any of that have anything to do with what I said?
How are Bancroft and Marsh 'JL boys' if they also played under Lehmann? That's what I asked.
It's a pretty straightforward question,what does sandpapergate or Starc now magically have anything to do with what I said?
You’d have to be blind not to see they are. He was their state coach and has championed them both for years.

First opportunity he’s brought Bancroft back by the looks of it, and it will end in tears. Broad, Anderson and Woakes will tear him apart.

And he is determined, like Lehmann was to die on the hill that Marsh is good. Made him state captain despite barely being state standard as a batsman or bowler.

I want us desperately to retain the Ashes, and this England set up is gettable. But if picking these blokes and a couple others sees us lose and we get the sweep through CA that we deserve then so be it. Removing Sutherland and Howard is only half the job done.

Hohns and his fellow selectors, our coach and quite a few of our players, test and ODI need to be cleaned out. The grassroots and FC set up also needs the broom swept through it.

I am sick to death of being mediocre and Marsh is symptomatic of where we have fallen to.

You’d have to be blind not to see they are. He was their state coach and has championed them both for years.

First opportunity he’s brought Bancroft back by the looks of it, and it will end in tears. Broad, Anderson and Woakes will tear him apart.

And he is determined, like Lehmann was to die on the hill that Marsh is good. Made him state captain despite barely being state standard as a batsman or bowler.

I want us desperately to retain the Ashes, and this England set up is gettable. But if picking these blokes and a couple others sees us lose and we get the sweep through CA that we deserve then so be it. Removing Sutherland and Howard is only half the job done.

Hohns and his fellow selectors, our coach and quite a few of our players, test and ODI need to be cleaned out. The grassroots and FC set up also needs the broom swept through it.

I am sick to death of being mediocre and Marsh is symptomatic of where we have fallen to.
And it sounds like you think we have the worlds greatest cricketers and administrators all queuing up to take us back to the land of cricketing dominance,sorry to break this to you,but we don't,we are trying to do the best we can with what we've got.

Anyway,you're the one who claimed these players were 'JL boys',all I said is they also played under Lehmann,and now you're just bringing up every irrelevant topic that I haven't even commented on,and has nothing whatsoever to do with what I thought was a pretty simple question.

The same Anderson Bancroft made 77 playing against 2 weeks ago? Who do you think will do better than Bancroft? Very much doubt Harris will. Bancroft is there because he is easily one of the most inform batsmen we have at the moment.

The same Anderson Bancroft made 77 playing against 2 weeks ago? Who do you think will do better than Bancroft? Very much doubt Harris will. Bancroft is there because he is easily one of the most inform batsmen we have at the moment.
Harris would be in had he converted starts into good scores, but hasn't.
I haven't stated he should be, just that Bancroft won't succeed this series.

77 hey,let's not let these pesky facts get in the way of hysterical ramblings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back