Rolling Ashes Squad Thread, now featuring Haddin XII v Hick XII beginning p. 147

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Channel 9 lost the cricket? or is only the Australian summer that Ch7 do?

This is seperate, 9 already had the rights to the Ashes before they lost the home summer.

In the past, Ch7 have shown the Ashes on the odd occasion

BNG has done it again:

Langer's wife broke down in tears at height of ‘soap opera’
#violins
#brownnosedgnome
#NikolaiGogol

nome is spelled with a g as in gnome, like the garden varietal vertically challenged gentleman

#tugga
#waugh
#Poe's_law innit

skilts

#blackbeltshouldHTFU

#RoaldDahl'sdaughter

#williamKentridge

BNG has done it again:

Langer's wife broke down in tears at height of ‘soap opera’
#violins
#brownnosedgnome
#NikolaiGogol

nome is spelled with a g as in gnome, like the garden varietal vertically challenged gentleman

#tugga
#waugh
#Poe's_law innit

skilts

#blackbeltshouldHTFU

#RoaldDahl'sdaughter
View attachment 717464

View attachment 717470

#williamKentridge

We mustn't forget that a house is not a gnome. I want to know how they were able to film the state of my study, just before I cleaned it up. The prospect of yet another trip to hospital concentrates the mind, such as it is. Otherwise, I got nothin'.

We are in a bit of an awkward situation here, the consensus seems to be Bangers over Harris and Wade over Lab.

But how can you pick Wade of the back of shield runs and drop Harris?

Harris made 1188 from 18 innings with 3 100s and 6 50s at 69.88 while Wade made 1021 from 20 innings with 2 100s and 8 50s at 60.05

Then Bancroft and Labuschange the guys they are batting for a spot, who are getting looked at of the back of their county runs. Bangers has made 726 from 17 innings with 2 100s and 3 50s at 45.37 while Lab has made 1114 from 18 innings with 5 100s and 5 50s at 65.52.

The selectors have to make a decision they either pick Harris and Wade and reward shield form or they pick Bangers and Lad and reward county form. As unpopular as it is here I would be doing the latter

We mustn't forget that a house is not a gnome. I want to know how they were able to film the state of my study, just before I cleaned it up. The prospect of yet another trip to hospital concentrates the mind, such as it is. Otherwise, I got nothin'.
i prefer to merely hoard like the gestalt amalgam of the cat lady with 9 tails felines and the bag-lady, you can't even access the study to film the thing, it stinks of cat urine. Kitty litter is a sham.

We are in a bit of an awkward situation here, the consensus seems to be Bangers over Harris and Wade over Lab.

Harris made 1188 from 18 innings with 3 100s and 6 50s at 69.88 while Wade made 1021 from 20 innings with 2 100s and 8 50s at 60.05

Then Bancroft and Labuschange the guys they are batting for a spot, who are getting looked at of the back of their county runs. Bangers has made 726 from 17 innings with 2 100s and 3 50s at 45.37 while Lab has made 1114 from 18 innings with 5 100s and 5 50s at 65.52.

The selectors have to make a decision they either pick Harris and Wade and reward shield form or they pick Bangers and Lad and reward county form. As unpopular as it is here I would be doing the latter
I would seriously consider Bancroft at 5 and Head at 6, with Harris opening. That means only Head and Smith as back-up bowlers, but Australia needs to back the four bowlers to do the job because the batting (on both sides) is too weak to chase down large scores.

Who goes #3 if Khawaja doesn't make it is another question.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's going to seriously hurt cricket not being on foxtel/kayo.

Watch ratings drop

Yeah look I'd rather watch it on Fox any day, but what a ludicrous call - bet you're one of the like who whinge about the big bash not being on FTA n a Saturday or the ECB's deal with Sky.

Harris plays as does Bancroft and Wade. Lab doesn’t

It's going to seriously hurt cricket not being on foxtel/kayo.

Watch ratings drop
Cricket needs to stay on FTA as much as possible, even if Fox provide better coverage (CA should get on the FTA channel's backs and tell them to sort their shit out - Channel 9's coverage had declined brutally in the last decade). The die hard's - such as those who post on this forum - will stump up the cash for Pay TV, but the casual viewer will just walk away.

Should have learned from English cricket where it - despite their world cup victory - has been hammered over here largely due to going behind a paywall. England's world cup victory was celebrations where much more muted than their 2005 Ashes Victory, when they city centre came to a standstill.

Check out this headling for spin: England win World Cup: 'Intimate Oval celebration perfect for its time'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/48993741

This article from many years back nailed it:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/oct/14/the-spin-england-cricket-kevin-pietersen

The 2005 Ashes was so special because everyone watched, and everyone could
English cricket has become utterly dependent on Sky’s money over the last decade, and it is not a healthy relationship

I would seriously consider Bancroft at 5 and Head at 6, with Harris opening. That means only Head and Smith as back-up bowlers, but Australia needs to back the four bowlers to do the job because the batting (on both sides) is too weak to chase down large scores.

Who goes #3 if Khawaja doesn't make it is another question.
Head and Smith, def. not back-up, but core techniques in the suite & toolkit

If Khawaja isn’t fit then Harris at 3 is probably the best option.

Otherwise it’s move Smith up or play Labuschagne, but that’s a big risk. Reckon he’d be better at 6.
If Khawaja doesn’t get up I would promote Lab up to 3 and bring someone into bat 6. Find it funny how people are determined to hate Lab. Bangers earns a recall from county runs yet people are quick to dismiss Labs form as it’s only div 2 but it was the same division Bangers batted in

If Khawaja doesn’t get up I would promote Lab up to 3 and bring someone into bat 6. Find it funny how people are determined to hate Lab. Bangers earns a recall from county runs yet people are quick to dismiss Labs form as it’s only div 2 but it was the same division Bangers batted in
Bancroft could easily bat at three or six.

They definitely seem to be suggesting Bancroft and Wade but I’d go Bancroft and Labuschagne.

Bancroft could easily bat at three or six.

They definitely seem to be suggesting Bancroft and Wade but I’d go Bancroft and Labuschagne.
Look I would want Bangers and Lab in the first test side. I can’t see how they play Bangers and not open him. For mine he would be behind Lab for a middle order spot

I’d play Lab at 6 ahead of Wade, just wouldn’t play him at 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back