McCavity

All Australian
May 22, 2008
Pakenham, VIC
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Gembrook-Cockatoo,Central Districts
It was refreshing to hear Roo calling the West Coast vs North Melbourne game last night. I thought his debut was great. Apart from his insightful (and articulate) comments, he displayed an intelligent dry wit and worked well with Liam Pickering in particular. He definitely off set the resident boof heads "Lame"Dwayne Russell and "Blockhead" Glen Jakovich.:thumbsu:

He's a staight shooter which is good, but he'd be very bias, so I sort of hope for others sake he doesn't take us.

It will be interesting to see whether any bias pokes through when (or if) he does any of our games. He couldn't display any more bias than Jakovich commentating on West Coast, Quartermain on Hawthorn or Maher on Carlton. I should add David Schwartz commentating on Melbourne games on SEN - terrible.

What do you guys mean by bias against the crows? Why would he be bias when we play
Who said anything about bias against the Crows? He would be biased towards us.

He talked a hell of a lot about Andy McLeod when commentating the Thunder game (though he was egged on by the other commentators.)

In 2009 Porps and LeCras were neck and neck AA possibilities. LeCras went to another level last year and there has been no evidence of Porps following so far. He's not on LeCras's (and certainly not Brown's) level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And helped his team to 16th.
Mate you are possibly the worst poster on this board.

'Helped his team to 16th'. I have never seen a more simplistic post on this board. Put it this way, your logic also states that Aaron Keating was an absolute superstar because he helped his team to the premiership.

If you ever happen to catch Mark Lecras play, you'll change your opinion, he is in my top 20 players in the league. Absolutely exquisitely skilled player who can and has won games off his own boot (Essendon last year).

Porplyzia CAN be this player too, but unfortunately has had injuries the past 2 years. You cannot deny Lecras is a better player.

I cannot believe the idiots that BigFooty has these days.

Porps would easily be as good as Le Cras given he had the same luck with injuries. Was so important for us to get him fit and through a pre season and now this is a big blow for him and the club. Yeah he's not elite at the moment but he's one of those players who damn welll should be but hasn't had the luck.

LeCras gets the nod over Porps only because he is slightly quicker.

I think Porps offers more in the midfield though. LeCras surprisingly rarely ventures there.

LeCras gets the nod over Porps only because he is slightly quicker.

I think Porps offers more in the midfield though. LeCras surprisingly rarely ventures there.
He was actually in there more than normal last night, and looked alright I might add.

Mate you are possibly the worst poster on this board.

'Helped his team to 16th'. I have never seen a more simplistic post on this board. Put it this way, your logic also states that Aaron Keating was an absolute superstar because he helped his team to the premiership.

If you ever happen to catch Mark Lecras play, you'll change your opinion, he is in my top 20 players in the league. Absolutely exquisitely skilled player who can and has won games off his own boot (Essendon last year).

Porplyzia CAN be this player too, but unfortunately has had injuries the past 2 years. You cannot deny Lecras is a better player.

I cannot believe the idiots that BigFooty has these days.

:thumbsu:

As for your last sentence...i can!

Porps has the "potential" and would be every bit as good if it not for his body - Le Cras has the runs on the board.

As for Roo as commentator - loved the comments, can't stand his voice though.

I'd be half as good if it wasn't for my body too Jen. Unfortunately that's half the battle for being a good footy player - haveing the physical attributes :p

Seriously though - Le Cras seems to have some extra pace over Porps and more consistency with his goal kicking. Puts him in front until Porps can prove otherwise. Surely saying otherwise is pure bias?

I'd be half as good if it wasn't for my body too Jen. Unfortunately that's half the battle for being a good footy player - haveing the physical attributes :p

Seriously though - Le Cras seems to have some extra pace over Porps and more consistency with his goal kicking. Puts him in front until Porps can prove otherwise. Surely saying otherwise is pure bias?

Good point. I remember Blighty saying something to me once about Liptak's problems (back related hamstring) and that it was caused because he was a "fumbler" - couldn't take the ball cleanly and would scramble along the ground behind it until he could pick it up. Not sure Porps has any fundamental issues other than weak shoulders, not much you can do about that though. As for consistency - Porps was dead eye dick there for a while. Not so much lately though. Le Cras is all class... and until this weekend, hasn't been let down by his body as much as Porps.

Mate you are possibly the worst poster on this board..

And you're easily the best. Not even close.

You cannot deny Lecras is a better player..

Show me where I did? I dare you. You just wanted an excuse to write an entire paragraph of half cocked drivel. You're like a slobbering Rottweiller chasing a tennis ball I haven't even thrown yet. Just stop embarrassing yourself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Roo on Fox Sports Commentary Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back