Who stays: Nicks, Hamish, Kelly, Roo

Who should still be in their job at the club next year?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Silvers is just as horrendous as this lot… “just a bad couple of weeks”, “injuries… we’ll be fine with all our players back”, “Ricciuto’s a fountain of knowledge for myself and the football club” 😂😂😂😂💀💀💀

I thought Rowey was great. Silvers really think its injuries

If i had to pick 1, it'd be Hamish. Every now and again he makes a decision and gets it right.
Agreed. Add Reid to the list and they all need to go but Ogilvie is the priority out, especially before this years draft.

Nicks has us playing terribly and has failed to develop our youth

Hamish has filled our list with B graders

Kelly is supposed to be running football department which is failing terribly

Roo is supposed to be picking the right people for these jobs.

Which of them deserves to stay in their job at the club next year?

The problem is Kelly reports to Roo. Nicks and Ogilvie report to Kelly. Who is going to sack whom?

There needs to be a review conducted by someone with gravitas, someone who has run a respected football operation (or three) who could identify where things are going wrong and whose judgment would be trusted by everyone from board members to supporters. Maybe that person could then guide the hiring of replacements before slipping back into retirement.

Maybe Balme is the man for that job.

We forgetting Marco Bello? First cab off the rank is Hamish, given he was drafting average footballers with high picks way before Bello came on the scene but given our best players were recruited or older (or came in great like MM) development needs to be scrutinized.

Kelly isn't even remotely qualified to be doing what he's doing. No brainer.

Nicks - when it works, it really, really works. We've pushed the best sides right to the brink for a while now, even with an average list. But pushing doesn't make finals. I think the game plan can win finals but I don't believe in Nicks' ability to teach a side to be calm and composed and know how to think it's way through situations. Not top of the list but extending him is looking worse and worse every week.

Roo - never short of self confidence - probably since birth - but if you had any honor or awareness you'd at least recuse yourself from making any more big decisions at this point.

Silvers said the list management committee yesterday in that interview on 5AA.

He was on it, as was Ricciuto, Reid, Ogilvie, Kelly and Nicks. I think that was it?

Ricciuto, Reid and Ogilvie have overseen it for 10 plus years.

Silvers, Kelly and Nicks are relatively new on the block.

We've heard all these names we've been after for years in terms of trade targets. From Dusty Martin, Jeremy Cameron through to the apparent recent offer to Errol Gulden.

There was also talk we had Noah Anderson primed as our target the year Gold Coast got given those concessions.

We get one or two of the above and our list would be looking much better.

Do we have a salesman? Someone who can convince a player the Adelaide Football Club is the right choice? Are we going about chasing targets the right way?

I feel like someone like Rory Sloane would be a good addition to this department in terms of pitching to a recruiting target. He is popular, well respected and recent. A Victorian who has made the move. Been there and done that. If you were a young kid or senior player in the AFL, you'd take a call or have a coffee with him.

Someone like Luke Powell has been incredibly successful at SANFL level in appointing coaches and recruiting/building a playing list at SANFL level, whilst running a successful building company. Another Victorian who has made South Australia home and whose character is impeccable. His good mate Mark McKenzie, the Hawthorn list boss.

I think Ricciuto and Reid have probably run their race. From what Silvers said yesterday, it sounds like Ricciuto only has up until next year before he has run his 4 terms on the Board and has to step down regardless. They might as well make the move now.

We should be a big player in the AFL. It feels like we badly need to improve strategy and improve the sales pitch of this list management committee.

I'm not sure who stays - but who goes should be Ricciuto and Reid. Silvers and Kelly need to work out how best to formulate this committee starting from now and if Silvers doesn't think Kelly is capable of doing this, Kelly probably has to move on as well.

I've given Olsen a lot of sh!t from the moment he's been appointed (when I immediately adopted the SACK OLSEN avatar until last week).

If he is really genuine about moving the club forward, he must:

Get the Thebby base secured and started before of the end of the year (emphasis on the last part)
Get rid of Nicks and Godden
Weed out the poison that has remained in our board and club management post 2017.

Otherwise he should be shipped out ASAP like the rest of the deadwood.

Last edited:
I've given Olsen a lot of sh!t from the moment he's been appointed (when I immediately adopted the SACK OLSEN avatar until last week).

If he is really genuine about moving the club forward, he must:

Get the Thebby base secured and started before of the end of the year (emphasis on the last part)
Get rid of Nicks and Godden
Weed out the poison that has remained in our board and club management post 2017.

Otherwise he should be shipped out ASAP like the rest of the deadwood.

Huh boards don’t work like that the chairman isn’t the boss as you seem to think

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

For a rich club, we need to put more money into development coaches. The fact we haven’t developed any player to become a star is mind boggling. No one can be as unlucky as Hamish, he’s made big mistakes that should cost him his job but we haven’t had many players come on and become stars.
We can only develop defenders like Worrell, Max and Murray. All the midfielders picked have been all shit, then again they never get to play there either.

We need to clear out all the above and start again, another 5 years being shit I guess

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For a rich club, we need to put more money into development coaches. The fact we haven’t developed any player to become a star is mind boggling. No one can be as unlucky as Hamish, he’s made big mistakes that should cost him his job but we haven’t had many players come on and become stars.
We can only develop defenders like Worrell, Max and Murray. All the midfielders picked have been all shit, then again they never get to play there either.

We need to clear out all the above and start again, another 5 years being shit I guess

In Hamish we trust

lol

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Does Soligo not count?

The problem is Kelly reports to Roo. Nicks and Ogilvie report to Kelly. Who is going to sack whom?

There needs to be a review conducted by someone with gravitas, someone who has run a respected football operation (or three) who could identify where things are going wrong and whose judgment would be trusted by everyone from board members to supporters. Maybe that person could then guide the hiring of replacements before slipping back into retirement.

Maybe Balme is the man for that job.

Silvers did an interview on AA a month or so back where he said that Nix and Kelly both report to him separately. He has them in his office weekly reviewing where they’re at.

Silvers / Olsen I don't really care so much. Pretty much the entire football department should go, though.

I wouldn't even keep the bootstudder after seeing the way our players kept slipping over in the Richmond game.

Whats Point of an external review when those who need the reviewing set the parameters?
We went through this last time.

The board scoped our admin and the board itself out of the review. It was a review of the football department only.

And then Chappy spun the review as a ringing endorsement of the board!

What makes you think anyone decent is going to come here?

We're St Kilda levels of shit.

Just a toxic, arrogant, complacent boys' club.
Nobody decent from outside of SA has ever chosen to come to Power or us in over 50 collective years. Why do you think that is?

Back