Player Watch Rookie: Brett Collins (2007)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Rookie: Brett Collins

The news is BAD for Brett Collins. Delisted but invited to train with the Hawks.

Hawks finalise playing list
12:11 PM Wed 31 October, 2007 | Back

for hawthornfc.com.au

News
The Hawthorn Football Club today finalised its playing list ahead of the AFL’s National, Pre-season and Rookie drafts.

Second year rookie Luke McEntee has been promoted to the primary list for 2008 while Matt Suckling has been offered a second year rookie contract.

Other 2007 rookies Brett Collins and Sam Gibson have been delisted but have been offered the opportunity to train with the Club over the summer in a bid to be re-drafted in the December Rookie Draft.

Other changes to the Hawthorn list include the delistings of Matt Little and Josh Thurgood and the retirements of Richie Vandenberg, Ben Dixon and Joel Smith.

Hawthorn has three selections in the November AFL National Draft (picks 12, 29, 45) and four selections in the Rookie Draft (picks 11, 27, 43, 59).

Re: Rookie: Brett Collins (Delisted end 2007 season)

This is a report from -- lets just say a relative of Brett Collins. He has okd this for publication.

As Mods we do get private messages from members of players families. As Gary has said family members do read this forum. Hence our rules on thread titles in regards to discussing players and temp ban on drafting & delisting threads

Just thought I would give you a bit of an update on *[deleted to protect id] Brett Collins. Has played about 10 games this year for St Bedes Mentone in A grade ammos. Has strung together about 5 games now and is really hitting his straps.

Played Collegians in the 2nd Semi who have 5 ex Afl guys in a comp where you cant pay players, dream on. Anyway scores were pretty much all square at 3/4. Luke Beveridge put BC onto the wing for the last 1/4 where he had 17 touches and kicked 2 in the last 20 minutes of the game.

His body is finally in good shape and is firing on all cylinders so hopefully for the club they can win the GF next week and make it 3 flags in a row and the first amatuer side in history to go from c-a grade with 3 flags.

Anyway just thought I would give you an update feel free to share with anyone, he has finally got his passion for footy back after having Hawthorn rip his heart out, ***********[deleted]*********************

Good luck for the rest of the campaign.

I added this info as I really think the club may have made a mistake delisting this young man. I do hope he gets another chance at AFL level. - RH

Hows Brett Collins travelling these days? I heard he has been tearing it up at Cohuna on and off the field and is a good chance of being picked up by the mighty hawks again.
Good Luck to the Kid

Is he any relation to Andy Collins that played for Hawthorn in the 80s?
and if so, can we pick him up father/son Rule

Is he any relation to Andy Collins that played for Hawthorn in the 80s?
and if so, can we pick him up father/son Rule

No relation.

Hows Brett Collins travelling these days? I heard he has been tearing it up at Cohuna on and off the field and is a good chance of being picked up by the mighty hawks again.
Good Luck to the Kid

Good luck to him, but I expect his chances of being picked up by Hawthorn again would be pretty close to zero.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Rookie: Brett Collins (2007)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back