Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Jonty Scharenberg?

I really want Olango. Kid could be anything

I don't think Jonty offers us anything that De Boer didn't. Maybe apart from possibly being a ball winner at AFL level which Matt could never do with us (could've been the role he was given though). Apparently Jonty is very slow too? Ballard???

Yeah, a lot rave about Olango and I'd be happy to get him for sure but I'm not as fussed on him as some.

I think our focus on good footskills continues. From what I can gather Guelfi and Walker are the best left in the pool in this area.

Brayshaw, Junker and Morrish not bad either.

I think our focus on good footskills continues. From what I can gather Guelfi and Walker are the best left in the pool in this area.

Brayshaw, Junker and Morrish not bad either.
I know you like brayshaw but watching youtube clip i not impressed.

I don't think Jonty offers us anything that De Boer didn't. Maybe apart from possibly being a ball winner at AFL level which Matt could never do with us (could've been the role he was given though). Apparently Jonty is very slow too? Ballard???

Yeah, a lot rave about Olango and I'd be happy to get him for sure but I'm not as fussed on him as some.

Olango is the classic highlights package player.

Thanks, don't know much about him but I always love the left footers and he's another country lad which we tend to like so you are on to something there.

Seemed to play half back for SA, then they put him midfield in the All Stars game.

He looks smooth and efficient with the ball...a bit like a Lonie, which is sure to endear him to people :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Olango is the classic highlights package player.

Maybe, but I think that's the benefit of the rookie draft.

The time and the patience and less risk to be able to turn those moments into something more regular.
The guys has talent and is the perfect rookie ruck...esp when Sandi and Griffin are on the way out and we have just drafted a draught horse ruck.

He and Darcy could make an interesting combo, if Olango can show something as a forward

C'mon, where's that trademark meima confidence?

Seriously though, I think it's a fair bet. Brayshaw could easily go undrafted. He's a bit vanilla in the mold of others gone undrafted in the past.
I not impressed with his little youtube footage , but he is no vanilla .(angus will not allow it to happen).

Will only take max three draftee with grey the likely player freo not to rerookied . Not running 3km trial will definely end his time with freo .

Don't know about that. Deluca has been delisted twice in two years but I'm not sure he deserved it either time tbh. Anyway why'd you delist a rookie after one season on the rookie list only to redraft him?

I don't really get this delisting guys who are out of contract only to re-draft them as rookies. If you've decided they aren't that good already why basically admit you could've made a mistake. It's only really works once or twice a season throughout the AFL. Neville Jetta, Majak Daw, Ryan Crowley and Harry Marsh are guys I can think of that we're re-promoted after being delisted. I'm pretty sure all except maybe Crowley had contracts the next year. Works a bit but not a lot.

Tbh I'd rather just say goodbye to them both. We are talking about two guys with pretty average kicking skills. I don't think many of us think they will ever be good kicks either. I like some of the other stuff they have to offer but I doubt it's enough to be good AFL players. If we don't redraft them perhaps we can take a mature aged ruck (Preferably one that offers a bit up forward) and a small forward on top of the midfielders we are likely to take.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I like the new ruthless list changes freo are making. Except barlow. That makes me sad.
Buy to keep the list clicking over as a good thing. If someone hasn't made it a 2 years, probably not going to make in 3. The more you give a chance to. The more chance you will find a gun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back