Certified Legendary Thread Roos lodge plans for massive Arden St upgrade

Remove this Banner Ad

Learnings also from this thread.

Apparently if you have excellent immigration numbers you can service anything.

Yes, if your tax base is growing consistently, you can service what is quite manageable debt.

That's how the real world operates.

(Except that same person is ignoring the fact we've had close to nation leading net immigration numbers for well over a decade with state debt skyrocketing in that same time).

No, sorry, in the real world our internal migration is net neutral.

I think it was 537 people more left than arrived in the latest ABS stats.

1728444272602.png

It's NSW that has the huge issue with net internal migration.

"Skyrocketing" is such a lovely and emotive word, but its also deployed when you need to cover up an ideological argument that's not supported by the facts.

1728444310250.png

If you think Victoria is bad, very keen to hear what your view on NSW is lol.

Are people seriously thinking the state opposition will be swept to power at the next election (coming back from oblivion, mind you) by simply promising to cut services and build no new infrastructure? I am not convinced that people will be swayed by a party intending to do nothing.

I don't see anyone suggesting this. A big part of our problem is that a government that has been abysmally wasteful of taxpayers' funds has literally no viable opposition to challenge it.

This all stops being fun when someone decides to make it personal. Any chance we can show a bit of restraint?
Old Mate Chad found your post funny. I’ll allow him to explain to you why that is. It has something to do with how the Warlords posts on this forum. As Metallica once sang “Fight Fire with Fire”. :stern look

Right ...

Dan Andrews isn't Premier and hasn't been for over a year, I deal in facts.

Ah yes, the United States Studies Centre - funded by the US Government - thinks a deal where Australian taxpayers pay hundreds of billions to subsidise the US defence industry is a good deal.

Well, that settles the matter lol.

Given we paid MORE to break the deal with France over the subs than the Commonwealth Games, shouldn't you vbe even more enraged about that lol?

Yeah, it was a shit decision in retrospect, I'm not hanging an entire government that's been in power for ten years over it.

Especially when the alternative is a rabble obsessed with looking in children's underpants and is currently tearing itself apart in court ... again.

As we saw above, you think AUKUS is a good deal despite having to pay the French $800m plus for nothing, perhaps mon aimi, ze consistency in your sinking is not 'ow you say, complete?

Governments make mistakes, so do list managers. Its called the real world.
Dan Andrew’s is a cnut and has fkd Victoria for 50+ years. Never hated anyone more.

Old Mate Chad found your post funny. I’ll allow him to explain to you why that is. It has something to do with how the Warlords posts on this forum. As Metallica once sang “Fight Fire with Fire”. :stern look
Come on mate, you know how far over the line you are. Chad obviously doesn't have a clue what we're talking about here but you and I do.

Come on mate, you know how far over the line you are. Chad obviously doesn't have a clue what we're talking about here but you and I do.

I found it funny that you of all people defended The Warlord of all people from 'personal attacks'.

I've copped personal attacks from both of you plenty of times. The audacity humoured me, is all.

Carry on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha, I suppose I should have expected this. You're putting words in my mouth by stating that I think AUKUS is a good deal. I was simply commenting on the hyperbole of $386 billion as a tactic to downplay Dan's Labour government wasting over half a billion to not host the crap games, which followed the earlier East-West link non-road at a cost of over a billion.

I did giggle at your flippant last point. The mistake was monstrous and unacceptable. Again I ask, how the f**k could they not see it? Personally, I think it is grounds for hanging the whole government.

Fair enough, you can vote accordingly.

Are people seriously thinking the state opposition will be swept to power at the next election (coming back from oblivion, mind you) by simply promising to cut services and build no new infrastructure? I am not convinced that people will be swayed by a party intending to do nothing.

If they could keep their shit together for five minutes, the laws of political dictate they would win the next election.

However, it looks like they're going to self-immolate (again) and provide nervous swinging voters with a reason not to vote for them.

This whole argument started because Val Keating said Victoria is too broke to fund any redevelopment at or around (is that fair mate?) Arden Street.

I've demonstrated - using facts - that Victoria not broke. Its also reality that this government is politically hitched to the metro and SRL, and thus anywhere near a Metro station aka us is being showered in cash and attention.

Others have different opinions.

Albeit inventing scenarios where Arden Street is dug up by Evil Dan Andrews and anyone who disagrees is a Russian agent is more accurately described as a delusion, one that probably warrants professional attention too.

Whatever upgrade happens just get 1 thing right a ground Naming rights sponsorship

Agreed - and that's where the metro and the massive boom in housing will be a direct financial benefit. More eyes to see the ads = $$$

I found it funny that you of all people defended The Warlord of all people from 'personal attacks'.

I've copped personal attacks from both of you plenty of times. The audacity humoured me, is all.

Carry on.

Anything you choose to post on here becomes fair game for comment or criticism. That's not a personal attack. Commenting on someone's personal life when it is not a part of the conversation is not fair game. In my opinion, a poster stepped over the line and that's what I was reminding him of. We don't need to open that can of worms.

This all stops being fun when someone decides to make it personal. Any chance we can show a bit of restraint?

That person can't deal with facts, hence the need to always go personal, its an admission of defeat.

Dan Andrew’s is a cnut and has fkd Victoria for 50+ years. Never hated anyone more.

Well, he increased his majority at every election, so fair to say that's a minority view.

Agreed he's a see you en tee though, all Essendon supporters are lol

Carry on.

There's some backstory to this one, the lore of which is too boring to recount here.

Anything you choose to post on here becomes fair game for comment or criticism. That's not a personal attack. Commenting on someone's personal life when it is not a part of the conversation is not fair game. In my opinion, a poster stepped over the line and that's what I was reminding him of. We don't need to open that can of worms.

He's mentioning stuff I've posted on here, its fine. If I wasn't OK with people reading it I wouldn't have posted it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Roos lodge plans for massive Arden St upgrade

Remove this Banner Ad

Back