Roos takes biased commentating to a new level

Remove this Banner Ad

Jess' Doggies!!

Debutant
Apr 27, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Unbearable! To Sydneys credit they have absolutely belted a pathetic Dogs side today convincingly but Roos' comments are incredible.

Boyd does a great smother and the comment is "unfortunately smothered by Boyd". FFS be professional!!

I can imagine how frustrating it would be to watch this game for Bullies' supporters. They are playing crap, the game had like a million stoppages and to top it off you've got Roos breathing through his teeth and wanking all over the "spectacle".

Roo's is a wank. He should have stayed the coach of the Swan's as i liked him then but now....

he was terrible last week too. He actually cried "oh nooo!" when Freo won a free kick late in the game. Someone needs to teach him how to turn his mic off

It was nearly as bad as watching a game telecast from Perth or Adelaide. Or even a lot of games with Melbourne teams vs a non-Melbourne team.

Nice that we finally have a commentator of our own, and at least he knows something about our team.

Absolutely pathetic. Makes Walls and Lane look like the height of impartiality. What makes it worse is that he has to do it in that weak, whiny voice.

Here's hoping that Ross Lyon retires at the end of the year and joins Roos, so that we can have that tone of voice in stereo.

Seriously, Roos' calling of Swans games is deplorable. And it kinda needs to stop. Now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm all for him not commentating Swans games in the future. He's shit, just repeats shit that every fan knows already.

he was terrible last week too. He actually cried "oh nooo!" when Freo won a free kick late in the game. Someone needs to teach him how to turn his mic off

I'm surprised they let him commentate after last week.

But anyway shit thread, of course it's too much to ask for commentators and special comments guys to be professionals when there's a distinct "jobs for the boys" mentality present in the AFL.

Even as a Sydney supporter, I won't even deny the bias shown by Roos.

Of course Swans fans won't complain but I agree he should work on being impartial when calling the game.

Watched the game, a bit annoying hearing Roos commentating a Swans game.

And I thought Tim Lane and Robert Walls were the worst with Carlton.

He has definitely taken it to a new level.

I always considered Roos the most professional in the game. Clearly didn't cross over to his fledgling commentating career!

He must like Ted Richards heaps, keeps calling him 'Teddy'.

He calls EVERYONE by their nickname.

He was even calling Tom Liberatore "Libba" by the end of it. This man is not a commentator.

It was nearly as bad as watching a game telecast from Perth or Adelaide. Or even a lot of games with Melbourne teams vs a non-Melbourne team.

Nice that we finally have a commentator of our own, and at least he knows something about our team.

Genuine question, which TV commentator is biased towards the Crows?

I haven't heard Ricciuto commentate one of their games yet, I don't think.

I remember that. Unless I was thinking of a different moment.

He groaned "eughhh!" when there was a one on one marking contest and the umpire took a while to call a blatant free for Sydney. Like an annoyed grunt that sydney weren't given a free kick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roos takes biased commentating to a new level

Remove this Banner Ad

Back