Player Watch Rory Sloane - Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

O
"How did the boys react to the news"

"Ummm, I haven't told them yet.... oh you mean my team mates... ummm yeah... excited"

Bullshit.
"Oh you mean my team mates"......
....who cares about team mates. I just got another year on 600k. They better get used to old Yella in the midfield and chasing for me. They owe me. I am this club.

Last edited:

Sloaneā€™s interview tonight on fiveaa made my blood boil.

Not only that he thinks he has a couple of years still left in him, but that Doedee should be back early in 2024. Did I miss something or have we re-signed him too? Are we signing him because he did his ACL and now nobody wants him?

Yes we all support a footy club because we want it to lose šŸ™„. I donā€™t like the extension, but get a grip. A month ago this board wanted Crouch pushed out the door, yet now want him signed on asap, things can change quickly. I think signing on makes it easier to drop him back to sub this week and bring back Rankine and Rachele.

Cā€™mon. This has to be satire

Yes we all support a footy club because we want it to lose šŸ™„. I donā€™t like the extension, but get a grip. A month ago this board wanted Crouch pushed out the door, yet now want him signed on asap, things can change quickly. I think signing on makes it easier to drop him back to sub this week and bring back Rankine and Rachele.
They will play all of them and stick Sloane in the middle.

He actually doesnā€™t speak that well which given his ā€œleadership skillsā€ and being captain is not what one would expect. The amount of ā€œummsā€ šŸ‘Ž

And yes, Iā€™ve was involved with Toastmasters back 25 years ago which is how you learn public speaking.
Ive noticed this during his segment on 5AA. Every time he is asked a question he starts off with a long 'uuuummmmm' before he gives an answer. And his answers are often vague and non committal.

Sloaneā€™s interview tonight on fiveaa made my blood boil.

Not only that he thinks he has a couple of years still left in him, but that Doedee should be back early in 2024. Did I miss something or have we re-signed him too? Are we signing him because he did his ACL and now nobody wants him?
Give Doedee 5 years like they did with Sloane after he stuffed his foot.

Members stand was 2/3 empty for the critical GWS game on a great day.

The AFC is just a corporation pretending to be a footy club. I struggle to support them anymore. 8 years of podcasting about these pricks and it turns out I've been podcasting about an entertainment company. Jokes on me I guess.

I'm sorry mate.

I know we've clashed on this stuff in the past, but I genuinely don't take pleasure in people having the lightbulb on moment. It is genuinely devastating to realise that you love a club that not only does not love you back, but will be forever incapable of producing genuine happiness for you.

Every year, every change, every time someone new comes in I hope this is the time I'll finally be wrong about them. And like the ship of the Argonauts the new becomes the old and it's impossible to tell overtime that the pieces changed at all. The same putrid conservatism and cronyism pervades.

Yeah .. food and beer prices - when I can buy a case of beer for $50 or go to game and have 4 pints for the same? It nothing short of absurd.

Constant rule changes the umpires can't even keep up with - FMD - even the existing rules - J Cameron against Collingwood - JFC - absurd

A team designed to provide entertainment at home - yet not be a serious club about winning a GF - GAGF
Its astonishing isn't it. 4 pints for the same price of a carton. They need that sportsbet slogan above every outlet at Adelaide Oval.

"Think about what you could be buying instead"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ive noticed this during his segment on 5AA. Every time he is asked a question he starts off with a long 'uuuummmmm' before he gives an answer. And his answers are often vague and non committal.
He's on autopilot. You can tell he's bullshitting and doesn't care about the club. I would prefer if he came out and said I'm playing for the extra cash for retirement. It's better than hearing the bs.

Last edited:
Someone is not going to be on the list next year because we gave a spot on the farewell tour to Rory.

Young players arenā€™t stupid, they can do the maths. No guarantee this decision will foster harmony in all quarters
I donā€™t think this is correct.

Rory doesnā€™t believe itā€™s the farewell tour next year.

I'm sorry mate.

I know we've clashed on this stuff in the past, but I genuinely don't take pleasure in people having the lightbulb on moment. It is genuinely devastating to realise that you love a club that not only does not love you back, but will be forever incapable of producing genuine happiness for you.

Every year, every change, every time someone new comes in I hope this is the time I'll finally be wrong about them. And like the ship of the Argonauts the new becomes the old and it's impossible to tell overtime that the pieces changed at all. The same putrid conservatism and cronyism pervades.
We have clashed on it and I've been a glass half full type, especially after the review. But **** me this is just a bridge too far for me. Having supported the AFC on the back of the State of Origin days and SA being a proud footy state, I just can't cop this wet lettuce leaf bullshit anymore. I'm glad I got to see 2 flags while we were still genuine but I doubt I'll see another one. And I don't really care.

Someone is not going to be on the list next year because we gave a spot on the farewell tour to Rory.

Young players arenā€™t stupid, they can do the maths. No guarantee this decision will foster harmony in all quarters
The same harmony it fostered when he got the 5 year deal to fund the pub.

Its astonishing isn't it. 4 pints for the same price of a carton. They need that sportsbet slogan above every outlet at Adelaide Oval.

"Think about what you could be buying instead"
I usually catch an uber in .. tram home .. add another $20 .. usually drink more like 7-8 pints .. $100 + my ticket

Yes I am starting 'think what I could be buying instead'

I still remember a 'slip up' from commentary pre-game from Melbourne a few years ago where 1 of flogs basically called anyone not earning $500+ a year povo's .. and if fans couldn't afford to take the family to the footy, tough shit

Iā€™m sure the younger generation arenā€™t, particularly those at risk of list squeeze.

Thereā€™s no way this is a move that appeases everyone.

Yeah, the suggestion that someone like a Berry who has lost an entire season of football to this madness and will invariably lose money, and maybe even his career as a result would be misty-eyed about the codger who's made millions getting another guaranteed 12 month free ride is absurd.

Or someone like a Hately, who will likely see his career end without even getting a go this year because he produced performances similar to what Sloane's had an entire season of putting up there. Bet he's overjoyed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Rory Sloane - Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

Back