Player Watch Rory Sloane - Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

Sloane declaring in his press conference that he's a long way off the sort of form that should see him in the SANFL demonstrates that there is absolutely no hard or accurate feedback being delivered within the club.
Probably comparing himself to Lachie Murphy who stays in the team for his non-statistical/possession plays.

Paraphrasing, he said that if he wasn't performing he'd expect to play SANFL, that's the same for any player, and he was a long way off that because he still has the drive or words to that effect.

What on earth 'the drive' has to do with the performance results, I'm not sure, other than that our club massively overrates 'effort' compared to 'plays good football'.
No good being a four cylinder in a V8 race Rory that’s the drive

A final this year means increased members next year and a Nicks extension. What else is important?

Not even clear to me that it will. We've got a quasi elimination final this week, and the club's been offering free tickets to it for membership sign ups for next year.

They're in serious trouble, but no one's acknowledging it.

It was mentioned before that this has always been the environment at the Crows. Senior players expect to play regardless of form. Sauce felt he had more years to play, same with Talia, same with Sloane.

Which Crows players have actually retired on their own accord because they know that their body and form is not up to it anymore?

Would really like to see the video of the whole room when his extension is announced to the playing group

Well surely we get to see that don’t we given we are talking about an elder statesman of the club?

Interestingly, other than Mark Bickley 250th in 2003 (loss against St Kilda in Round 2 and was away from home), all our other milestone 250 games by our players were won by Adelaide (and most at home). Rory broke the trend this year even though we were in a winning position at 3/4 time.

Last edited:
It was mentioned before that this has always been the environment at the Crows. Senior players expect to play regardless of form. Sauce felt he had more years to play, same with Talia, same with Sloane.

Which Crows players have actually retired on their own accord because they know that their body and form is not up to it anymore?

Matthew Robran, Darren Jarman, Rod Jamieson?

Not even clear to me that it will. We've got a quasi elimination final this week, and the club's been offering free tickets to it for membership sign ups for next year.

Apparently Silver's was lamenting folks (like me) who have full season memberships and haven't been going to games in Brisbane on the weekend

I might take a few days and reflect on whether I really want to be invested in the club going forward

I might be happier not giving a **** and just screaming at tv every weekend .. or going to beach with the dog

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tried my best to repudiate those +ve comments but gave up, no point arguing with idiots, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Is the AFC FB page in hardcore filter mode or what?

Thought Brown did the honourable thing. Im sure hed still be playing if he didnt pull the pin.

He actually doesn’t speak that well which given his “leadership skills” and being captain is not what one would expect. The amount of “umms” 👎

And yes, I’ve was involved with Toastmasters back 25 years ago which is how you learn public speaking.
Have people not worked out that he's a dimwit yet?

Careful, if you keep this going he'll start telling the zero people who care that he doesn't want to catch up with you off the forum.
I always find it hilarious when someone starts writing that they couldn't be bothered reading/responding to other peoples comments on a public forum… by reading and responding to those other peoples comments!

This is really concerning, did he say this?
Those very words..

he thinks he’s miles off being relegated to the sanfl..

I wouldnt be surprised to hear him say he has another couple of years left in him..

he clearly thinks he’s providing as much to the team as his buddy Tex is..

David Mackay funnily enough, but he’s a bit more switched on than Sloane. Sloane has shown to be as dumb as a doorknob.

Don't buy this, still had 63k members last year, it will almost certainly increase next year.

Cmon. I get the frustration with some decisions the club makes but hopefully you do actually believe they are trying to win and trying to be as successful as possible. I would expect Sloane to be on $300k plus incentives which could get him up around $450-500k. So potentially the average AFL wage - I would not expect him to be in our top 10.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Believe me… I really am hoping you are right. I truely am..

but I just don’t know with this club anymore.. they make some incredibly bizarre decisions.. and they are just the one’s we see/hear..

Roo came out and said supporters that dont like the direction of the club can just go support someone else.

he said that publicly..

if thats what he’s willing to say in public about many of us.. imagine what he says about us supporters, who dare question the clubs bizarre decisions, in private..

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Rory Sloane - Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

Back