Player Watch Rory Sloane - Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

Members stand was 2/3 empty for the critical GWS game on a great day.

The AFC is just a corporation pretending to be a footy club. I struggle to support them anymore. 8 years of podcasting about these pricks and it turns out I've been podcasting about an entertainment company. Jokes on me I guess.

Just an FYI.

Anyone who thinks the club is not going to be financially strong is tarkin rubbish.

We still have a wait list.
They are very lucky. They are in a two team town where 70% of people barrack for the club. Put the club in Victoria and they would need to have onfield success to survive. There is no need for the club to win flags here. It wouldn't change our profitability significantly.

Shame Berry or any youngster isn't afforded the ample opportunities to practically lose games for the club and still get selected like Sloane is.

People saying he played well against Melbourne. He was horrific when the game was there to be won, critical unforced errors in the 4th.

Everyone else doing their job in a disposal chain and it gets to Sloane and he shoots the ball 1 metre over his teammates' heads.
Can we get a compilation and post on Facebook?

They are very lucky. They are in a two team town where 70% of people barrack for the club. Put the club in Victoria and they would need to have onfield success to survive. There is no need for the club to win flags here. It wouldn't change our profitability significantly.

Agreed, aint saying I agree with it - but the people thinking the club are in some sort of financial mess are just living in fantasy land.

Just an FYI.

Anyone who thinks the club is not going to be financially strong is tarkin rubbish.

You should try to understand what this means. They're not 11 game memberships.

Our average crowd is down 5000 from 2019. Massive fall off.

We're literally giving away free tickets to try to attract members

It will be the long term death of the club. We don't seek to be a club that is supported for excellence.

The club is happy to ride the 'back the club regardless of performance' fans for as long as there's something left in the tank. And they're thinning out. We have dwindling crowds, dwindling interest, and dwindling support.

It will get to the point where the only one left is Baccs.
While i don't disagree that Sloane should have retired, and you may be right about the clubs attitude, we have record membership. And crowds increased 25% this year. Plus we've played some pretty good footy just not consistently. Week to week and within games, but better than the year before. Unfortunately this signing may undermine that progress

You should try to understand what this means. They're not 11 game memberships.

Our average crowd is down 5000 from 2019. Massive fall off.

We're literally giving away free tickets to try to attract members
But up 7500 from last year

While i don't disagree that Sloane should have retired, and you may be right about the clubs attitude, we have record membership. And crowds increased 25% this year. Plus we've played some pretty good footy just not consistently. Week to week and within games, but better than the year before. Unfortunately this signing may undermine that progress

Crowds are on average 5000 down from 2019. Port are almost equal to us in membership and attendance.

How many sell outs this year? The showdown?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just listening to Rory on 5AA, a couple of points -

• get the impression that he honestly thinks he has more years left. Says after a ACL players are better in their second year. Yes they are but they normally aren’t 33 years old. FFS!
Down to delusional, wishful thinking that he'll come back better next year. He was talking up in the pre-season how he was "refreshed" cause his body had a break for 9 months with the ACL injury.

In a shock to no one people go to games of good teams. Port are a good team

Did you forget which side you're arguing?

That how our club has been run, and the lack of success, is impacting upon the support levels was my claim.

Crowds are on average 5000 down from 2019. Port are almost equal to us in membership and attendance.

How many sell outs this year? The showdown?
Most games were sell outs i believe. Because there are only 5000 tickets available to the public and away fans. But you may mean how many games were at our close to capacity. Maybe 2?
There are many reasons why crowds are down from 2019. Fear of covid. People got used to not going all the time. Cost of living. We're not as good as we used to be and people have accepted it. I expect crowds will be up again next year if we continue our trajectory. If we don't they'll drop off.

Most games were sell outs i believe. Because there are only 5000 tickets available to the public and away fans. But you may mean how many games were at our close to capacity. Maybe 2?
There are many reasons why crowds are down from 2019. Fear of covid. People got used to not going all the time. Cost of living. We're not as good as we used to be and people have accepted it. I expect crowds will be up again next year if we continue our trajectory. If we don't they'll drop off.

They're not sell outs. You can buy on the gate. They're currently offering free tickets.

Just an FYI.

Adelaide is currently offering supporters the opportunity to sign up as an AFL member for 2024 and get a ticket to their final men’s home game of this season – against Sydney this Saturday –for just $1.

membership ain’t what it used to be

Shame Berry or any youngster isn't afforded the ample opportunities to practically lose games for the club and still get selected like Sloane is.

People saying he played well against Melbourne. He was horrific when the game was there to be won, critical unforced errors in the 4th.

Everyone else doing their job in a disposal chain and it gets to Sloane and he shoots the ball 1 metre over his teammates' heads.

Or taking a handball from his captain with hand hand and turning it over

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Did you forget which side you're arguing?

That how our club has been run, and the lack of success, is impacting upon the support levels was my claim.
I don't think that's the case tbh, fb comments seem to indicate everyone's happy. We're not on here but i can see where you're coming from
Personally hope Sloane doesn't play at all next year, we improve away performances and start working towards the success. Today made that harder

Down to delusional, wishful thinking that he'll come back better next year. He was talking up in the pre-season how he was "refreshed" cause his body had a break for 9 months with the ACL injury.
If anything he will be 20% less than what he was this year. There's no way he will get in the team unless they gift him a spot but it will stand out.

Sloane’s interview tonight on fiveaa made my blood boil.

Not only that he thinks he has a couple of years still left in him, but that Doedee should be back early in 2024. Did I miss something or have we re-signed him too? Are we signing him because he did his ACL and now nobody wants him?
Rumour is we've offered him 3 years and didn't lower the$ after his injury

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Rory Sloane - Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

Back