It's Happening Ross Lyon is Back to Coach St Kilda - Presser Link in OP

Where will Stkilda finish in 2023

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Saints get thrashed for the 2nd time in 30 games in Lyon era 2, in their 3 game in 11 days, against one of the best teams of the past decade who were under pressure all week, and someone resurrects a dead-and-buried thread to bag Ross Lyon?

Let's see where things end up.

Saints are 2-4. Should be 3-3 but threw away the Essendon game. Could easily be 4-2.

On current form we lose to Port but win the following 2, placing us 4-5 before playing Freo at Marvel.

Win that, it's 5-5 with 9 of the last 13 at Marvel and 8 of those 13 against teams currently outside the 8.

Saints season absolutely alive.

Bloke managed to not win a flag twice in one year with Nick Riewoldt, Nick Dal Santo, Leigh Montana, Steven Milne, etc. lol

I don't reckon I could have done that if I tried
Bad as that was I'd argue he wasted opportunities at Freo even worse finals wise. The year he did make the GF I think he actually did ok. Pity they absolutely squandered it from them on.

I will argue with you until my final Breath and tell you that Ross Lyon is a decent coach.

your fellow cats fans in Gavin Excell , The 747 and JackFlash will debate about Ross Lyons coaching ability, but I will defend Ross Lyon to the bitter end. lol

He's a good coach, it's just that he is an evil coach who wants to deprive us of watching free flowing high scoring football.

It was good to see The Great Enemy of Football cop a hiding last night.

Saints get thrashed for the 2nd time in 30 games in Lyon era 2, in their 3 game in 11 days, against one of the best teams of the past decade who were under pressure all week, and someone resurrects a dead-and-buried thread to bag Ross Lyon?

Saints are 2-4. Should be 3-3 but threw away the Essendon game. Could easily be 4-2.

On current form we lose to Port but win the following 2, placing us 4-5 before playing Freo at Marvel.

Win that, it's 5-5 with 9 of the last 13 at Marvel and 8 of those 13 against teams currently outside the 8.

Lyon doesn't deal in hypotheticals. Why do you?

Tend to agree with that assessment.
After Port the draw opens up for them.
5-5 is realistic.

If they win 8 of the last 13 that puts them at 13 wins.
Probably 6-7 on the ladder.
Theyā€™d be 50-50 to win that one against the likes of their peers - Essendon, Western Bulldogs, Geelong, Gold Coast.

On current form Iā€™d be backing all those sides against the Saints though. Plenty of work for them to do for this season to have any meaning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure youā€™re not getting confused with Sammy Mitchell??
Apparently that guys a genius , just not sure on what parameters itā€™s based on yet as it Cleary canā€™t be results or game plan

Idiot comparison.

Sam was a genius footballer and won lots of flags, He is unknown as a coach. Lyon was a nothing footballer who won nothing. And he will never win anything as a coach either.

Some people are at their happiest when they have something to complain about

You don't think we have a better list than st Kilda?

If we took Ross, I think we're maybe a 20-30% chance of a flag in the next couple of years. With ken it's zero.

The problem with Ross is he tends to burn through the list and leave the place a smoking crater, but he gets teams up and about the first couple of years.

A week is a long time in footy.

And yes, a 6-day into a 5-day turnaround - OUCH!!!! That's just ****ed.

Bulldogs went into this match on their third 6-day turnaround too which isn't ideal, but St Kilda's 7-day, and 14-day rolling loads would be through the roof with two games in 5 days, and three games in 11 days. I wonder how close they were to pre-season training loads over the past couple of weeks.

good Because Ross Lyon played a lot of youth at the dockers rebuild in 2016-19.

Well seeing as we're dredging up posts from a year ago, to talk about something that happened 7 years ago...

We're playing lots of players that don't have a lot of experience, and some that seem underdone in fitness but are playing because of others being injured. It happens.

Lyon has made an effort to give each of our new draftees a game, even if they haven't been ready or the correct choice positionally. Which is good to see, especially with Darcy Wilson and Hugo Garcia.

Still more upside than downside. But everyone loves a good dogpile when there is a big result.

Last edited:
Idiot comparison.

Sam was a genius footballer and won lots of flags, He is unknown as a coach. Lyon was a nothing footballer who won nothing. And he will never win anything as a coach either.
Lyon was quite a gifted player when at Fitzroy
Played with flair too

You speak as if those players were long shots to make it.

Curnow & McKay went pick 10 and 12 in the 2015 draft.
Carlton have been horrendous for years. It's solely down to first round draft picks why you have risen up the ladder. Curnow would have been the best player in the game had he not suffered on-going knee issues.

In fact, Carlton should have made finals at least 1-2 years sooner than what they did.
No, I'm saying their talent would've been wasted under Lyon.

Well seeing as we're dredging up posts from a year ago, to talk about something that happened 7 years ago...

We're playing lots of players that don't have a lot of experience, and some that seem underdone in fitness but are playing because of others being injured. It happens.

Lyon has made an effort to give each of our new draftees a game, even if they haven't been ready or the correct choice positionally. Which is good to see, especially with Darcy Wilson and Hugo Garcia.

Still more upside than downside. But everyone loves a good dogpile when there is a big result.
Lyon was dismissed from Fremantle for various reasons but foremostley because of his attitude to women; I have no respect for him and hope and expect St Kilda to remain in the dungeons until he is dismissed.

Lyon was dismissed from Fremantle for various reasons but foremostley because of his attitude to women; I have no respect for him and hope and expect St Kilda to remain in the dungeons until he is dismissed.

Under the legal system, Ross Lyon is innocent until Proven Guilty! lol

OJ simpson is innocent until proven Guilty. lol

Charles Manson is innocent until proven Guilty. lol

Do you agree westie ? lol

Remove this Banner Ad

It's Happening Ross Lyon is Back to Coach St Kilda - Presser Link in OP

Back