Toast Ross Lyon returns to St.Kilda #UnfinishedBusiness

Happy?

• Yes

Votes: 225 86.2%
  • No

Votes: 36 13.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

He's just so good in front of the media. He also speaks from the heart. It's not fluff, it's clear and consice. Absolutely brilliant first presser.
He showed vulnerability.

Which shows everyone who thought he couldn’t change. That they were wrong.

Couldn't be more impressed with Bassatt recently. Repeatedly has used the phrase "sustained success." Watched this GF with my two sons, one a Cat, the other a Swan. I asked myself quietly, then out very loud, under severe provocation, why the Saints can't be like that?

OK, they have advantages. The Cats are the biggest traditional country club in the land, in a swinging electorate with government funding pouring out of their bank accounts, with all the advantages of playing in Melbourne, but based just far enough away to keep local talent and attract anyone who wants a change of lifestyle.

The Swans don't have as much local talent available but identify early and develop them. They also are very attractive to anyone who wants a change of lifestyle.

Above all though, they are stable and successful and offer draftees and players seeking a trade the opportunity to play in teams that win so often they are always a chance to hold a premiership cup. Why wouldn't you join them if approached?

Clearly Bassatt has identified and focused on us joining that elite category. It will take some time but we have that potential. We have a huge latent supporter base and only cruel and callous supporters from other clubs (millions of them!) don't wish us success. Our historical supporter base was artists, musicians, actors, alcoholics, prostitutes, assorted other "colourful identities," a sprinkling of middle-class families and a few rich donors. In the past we embraced them all and we can hugely increase that base by doing exactly what RTB just said, "by winning games of footy."

Go Sainters!!

I think it's permissible on the double 's'. However, what really gets under my starched collar is the misuse of the possessive apostrophe on the single 's' for a non-plural word. For example, Les' incorrectly used instead of Les's. It's a common sight nowadays and is representative of a wider decline in standards.

I would, of course, give some leeway to Australians on these things, but it's unforgivable from an Englishman and should lead to being blackballed from the golf club.

Anyway, what we were talking about?
🤣🤣🤣 yes three ‘s’ in a row looks silly. In fact three of most things in a row does (think lions, for example). 😉

Agree entirely on “s’s”. Non-use is unacceptable!

I think the two most positive things to take out of the press conference are that

1 It looks like Enright is staying and

2 Lyon seems to think the players can run (he said it a few times) so that looks like faster ball movement is on the cards.

Webster
W-M
Owens
Windhager
Hill
Sinclair
Wood
Membrey
Wilkie
Marshall
Butler
Mackenzie

all good runners, potential favorites.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The boys at the presser

Ross would've been completely incensed with all that tomfoolery and laughter. This is not a leisure centre, men.

Wow, just heard Derwayne on SEN mention Harvey was back as well, trying to work out whether he was just reading a text from a listenener or if that was truly announced.

That would be amazing if true.
Harvey and Hayes back along with Ross... Would be unbelievable.

Always been a big fan of Ross, love his pressers, love his uncompromising style and the fact his teams are so hard to play against.

Bet he's glad he turned down the job to work alongside Scott this year... can't wait for Scott v Lyon in 2023 (IMO the two best tactical coaches of the past decade and nobody else even comes close).

GL Sainters :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Ross Lyon returns to St.Kilda #UnfinishedBusiness

Back