List Mgmt. Ross Lyon - Sacked

Is Ross still the man for the job?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I noticed only morons on this site reply with "you're an idiot". Are you struggling to construct an argument?

If you can't see why Ross is unable to resort back to the old players you don't understand the basics of footy.
Nope, I'm just sick of your constant negative posts with completely false information in them. There is no arguing with you, because you're an idiot.

6-6 would be a pads if we were showing signs of improvement. As it stands we've jagged 4 of our 6 wins, still have the same useless crabs in the team as we had in round 2, and still play the same rancid stagnant football.

We've spent a year and a half of a 4 year rebuild and are in exactly the same position we were at the start of last year. Lyon isn't rebuilding shit.

Exactly Lyon is struggling with the new rules and instead of last year saying "I need a new approach" he had a cry and said he wants to return back to what he knows. Problem is that his approach doesn't win flags in AFL, he might need to consider becoming an soccer coach where his game plan actually can win premierships.

Sorry I just don't buy that Lyon is telling the guys "Look, when we don't have the ball, forget about what we did in 2013. I want you to give them as much room as you can. Even if they are in the forward 50. Just let them have the possession. I want you to be 5m off your man every time. If any of you lay a hand on an opponent as they are bringing it forward, I'll drag you into next week. Let them have a shot at goals, let's hope they miss and we can set-up from the kick-in"...?

As bad as you think Lyon is I reckon he could have coached a fit Claremont team to be competitive against the Lion rabble yesterday. Something we were not, and haven't been for 3 weeks.

Ok now you've gone completely loopy.

1. I never said anything of the sort, so either show me where I said the above or GTFO
2. Fitness isn't our problem. We played like this in round 1 and 2.
3. Stop making excuses to avoid dealing with the obvious. If you can't cope with the reality, pretend you're somewhere else and don't comment.
4. There is simply no evidence that our fitness staff are to blame for a bad game plan and poor skills from blokes who have always been poor.
5. Dont make up lies about me. Its pathetic

Nope, I'm just sick of your constant negative posts with completely false information in them. There is no arguing with you, because you're an idiot.

False information?

The facts are right in front of you but you want to ignore them. Lyon is a coach who is struggling to adapt to the new rules and its only a matter of time before the players lose interest in the game plan. Lyon is also a coach who will have many offers after our club, so don't think for one second the bloke cares what state he leaves us in.

False information?

The facts are right in front of you but you want to ignore them. Lyon is a coach who is struggling to adapt to the new rules and its only a matter of time before the players lose interest in the game plan. Lyon is also a coach who will have many offers after our club, so don't think for one second the bloke cares what state he leaves us in.

I don't know that you have that right.

I share your opinion that he's struggling to adapt to the new rules but thats not because he isn't smart enough, its the way he does things (thats an opinion as well btw)

As for not caring about the state of the club, well if you burn your last employer, your future one may not be so attracted to you. He still needs to maintain some form of reputation or he won't get an offer elsewhere (as a coach). Maybe he would move into the media but you still need an intact reputation to command the dollars.

I think you're a bit off base with your posts

I don't know that you have that right.

I share your opinion that he's struggling to adapt to the new rules but thats not because he isn't smart enough, its the way he does things (thats an opinion as well btw)

As for not caring about the state of the club, well if you burn your last employer, your future one may not be so attracted to you. He still needs to maintain some form of reputation or he won't get an offer elsewhere (as a coach). Maybe he would move into the media but you still need an intact reputation to command the dollars.

I think you're a bit off base with your posts

I mean he won't deliberately leave us in a bad state, but he doesn't have the urgency to come up with a new plan and its likely we could be the club that waste years betting on him coming good with players from the ground up. I'm willing to give him until next year mid season before we need to start cutting our losses.

Ok now you've gone completely loopy.

1. I never said anything of the sort, so either show me where I said the above or GTFO
2. Fitness isn't our problem. We played like this in round 1 and 2.
3. Stop making excuses to avoid dealing with the obvious. If you can't cope with the reality, pretend you're somewhere else and don't comment.
4. There is simply no evidence that our fitness staff are to blame for a bad game plan and poor skills from blokes who have always been poor.
5. Dont make up lies about me. Its pathetic
We'll agree to disagree but for the record I wasn't quoting you or having a go at you, so not sure where the paranoia is coming from. I think you've misread my post if you thought I was having a crack.

Ross could have taken the soft option and played Dawson, Ibbo, Suban ,Pearce and probably would have beaten Brissie. He didn't and stuck with Ryan, Collins, Grey and Cox. Hopefully the club is looking long term and will bring in more youth over the coming weeks. Its hard to take at the minute but as Keating said its a recession we have to have.

Wow man we probably would have beaten Brisbane with those guys ?... a 10 goal turnaround !!!!! and what he stuck with Ryan Collins and Cox .....they have 1 game between them . Not your best work there m8

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wow man we probably would have beaten Brisbane with those guys ?... a 10 goal turnaround !!!!! and what he stuck with Ryan Collins and Cox .....they have 1 game between them . Not your best work there m8

Experience win's games against young sides. You said it m8 , Ryan,Collins ,Cox and Grey had minimal games equals inexperience. Not your best work there m8.

I mean he won't deliberately leave us in a bad state, but he doesn't have the urgency to come up with a new plan and its likely we could be the club that waste years betting on him coming good with players from the ground up. I'm willing to give him until next year mid season before we need to start cutting our losses.
So your 'willing' to give him till mid next year but basically implied in most of your previous posts that he /his gameplan doesn't cut it in the current climate or perhaps even at all( quote "his game plan doesnt win premier ships") so why wait then ? the club may aswell pay him out essentially 1 year into a 4 year rebuild because hes clearly already failed 6 mths in,so far ,to get our talent laden team into the top 4, you agree yes?

Experience win's games against young sides. You said it m8 , Ryan,Collins ,Cox and Grey had minimal games equals inexperience. Not your best work there m8.

If you can find one other person on here to agree with you that we would have won that game if we played Suban , ibbo , Pearce and Dawson then I will like and agree with every post you make for the rest of the year
They ripped us apart like a cooked chook through the middle of the ground none of those guys would have done jack

Better than we currently are.

I think we have made mistakes in list management over a while (not hard to understand as no team get it right all the time). I think we've made mistakes in player development and thats down to coaching.Our game plan simply does not fit the current rules and we have too many players that could work under the old rules but no longer are viable at AFL level (Suban, Sutcliffe, Griifin, Ibbotsen etc)

As it stands we should have beaten Collingwood and Brisbane in my view but we were not even competitive in either game.

Lyon needs to adjust the way he does things and i'm not even sure he can
So we should be 8-4 , without checking the ladder that would what put us a game /% off top spot yeah?......so because we're not in the top echelon of teams atm , half a season into a 4 yr rebuild ross is failing/finished as a coach?, despite as you said flws in recruiting and development?
Of those players your mentioned all bar Sutcliffe have effectively been phased out, what do you want the club to do ?, delist them effectively immediately*?
*should be given serious thought in regards to suban

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we should be 8-4 , without checking the ladder that would what put us a game /% off top spot yeah?......so because we're not in the top echelon of teams atm , half a season into a 4 yr rebuild ross is failing/finished as a coach?, despite as you said flws in recruiting and development?
Of those players your mentioned all bar Sutcliffe have effectively been phased out, what do you want the club to do ?, delist them effectively immediately*?
*should be given serious thought in regards to suban

Way to miss the point and what has been happening for the last two years.

We haven't actually phased anybody out as we are just recycling failed players over and over again, which is continuing what we did last year when the rebuild actually started. So not 6 months.

My mistake was treating your original question seriously

If you can find one other person on here to agree with you that we would have won that game if we played Suban , ibbo , Pearce and Dawson then I will like and agree with every post you make for the rest of the year
They ripped us apart like a cooked chook through the middle of the ground none of those guys would have done jack

The defence was inexperienced ,Ibbo and Dawson would have propped that up and Suban and Pearce would have added to the mid field. Where did I say we would have won. I said we would of had a better chance . Why the fick would I care if you like my posts. You mean zilch to me.:rolleyes:

You are underestimating the idiocy that some posters possess on this board, there are at least 3 or 4 that would actually agree with that.

Don't remember him saying it but I agree.
Like away tonygeeks :cool:

Jokes about likes aside, do you really think that having those four would have changed the result?

I'll grant you greater experience, more preseasons completed so perhaps a little stronger but all of them are just not AFL grade under the current rules. Kicking, no. Handballing, no. Decision making under pressure, double no. i could go on but I think I've made my point.

the essential problem yesterday was the complete and abject failure of our midfield to actually produce an AFL level performance. God it would have been a shipwreck performance at WAFL level and a couple of poor defenders and dodgy kicks just weren't going to make a 10 goal difference. When you add Suban's free kick stats to yesterday's reaming, the result could arguably have been worse.

Genuine question, what do you think those four could have offered to improve yesterday's complete gutting of our midfield?

The problem is will good assistant coach want to work under Ross ?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Ross Lyon - Sacked

Back