List Mgmt. Ross Lyon - Sacked

Is Ross still the man for the job?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I've heard through the grapevine Peter Sumich will be the new senior coach. They're trying to get back to Fremantle roots.

Disappointed as I would have loved Caracella or Longmuir.
**** no, for the love of God, no

Horrible news. The chances of getting someone better than RTB is very slim. We did need to freshen up the place and that could have been achieved with some new assistant coaches.

Hopefully there's some stability at the club when RTB leaves. My fear is that there could be a mass mass exodus and Langdon and BHill is just the beginning. That would mean at best a 8 year re-build and an era lost with Fyfe as the captain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whoa, confirmed. I hope they have a look at Nathan Basset at Port. I’m a fan and have watched his coaching career for a long time. He’ll be a good head coach.

Enjoy your whinging/venting/hatred/blaming or whatever you choose to call the noise you make about Lyon.

But just in case you haven't been told this week ... Lyon will be coaching Freo in 2020.
If we can improve a goal a game in 2020, then we should make finals, 3 goals a game and we should make Top4.
Tell me more... :)

He deserved 2020 with a fully fit team. If not top 6 then let him go.

Exactly! Brisbane are only where they are because they have the least number of injuries. He didn’t even get to see if reforms to Optus Stadium helped.

Very sad day

Why not wait for the season to end? I don't get the timing of this announcement. Also I know that the last few years have been rough, but he's been the coach for long enough that it's going to feel weird having a Freo without Ross the Boss at the helm. This along with no more Sandi and Ballas really feels like the end of an era now. I wonder who will be the next coach?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Ross Lyon - Sacked

Back