Nostradamus Lives Ross Lyon Sexual Harassment

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you really want to take the moral high ground here on turning a blind eye to things given Johnson has been caught twice with drugs and the spiral of Yarran after he left your club.

There's skeletons in every closet.

Yarran had his own demons to contend with before ever becoming a docker and they included the rabid WC press who hounded him to his grave. Johnson was chastised by the club and stood down unlike the sweeping under the carpet regime that Nesbitt over saw all in the name of a for ever tarnished cup. Players nearly died , ended up in jail, lives ruined. Nesbitt has never been called upon to explain why he did nothing. Where was the press and 7 hounding Nesbitt and asking for his head. How he is still in charge is a indictment on the low moral compass of the club and supporters. Every club has skeletons in the cupboard but WC has a cemetery full of them.

Yes mate, I was exaggerating to make a point.

Ok

Yes there has definitely been victim blaming from non-Freo supporters, and you if you have a look back you'll find me addressing those sorts of opinions fairly openly if indirectly.

Yes I know but its not restricted to Freo supporters. Frankly, my view is that victim blaming isn't really acceptable and I have carwefully avoided that. Particularly so when nobody outside the club / AFL actually knows what has occurred and what is covered by the NDA etc Right now, its very hard to point the finger with any degree of certainty when 'officially' the alleged perpetrator hasn't been identified. We all know who has been name but officially nobody has been identified.

We're discussing it, that's all. I don't think I've even articulated a punishment or anything similar for Lyon in any of my posts. I take issue at the defence of Freo supporters being basically "Your club has done worse!". It's immature. Wrong is wrong, it's not a matter of basis of comparison or proportionate to others behaviour.

Wrong is wrong, agreed, and saying 'look at your club' is in the end just deflection but I will say some of the 'holier than thou' comments deserve to be called out as hypocritical. That doesn't change for one second that 'wrong is wrong' in this case and in the end, the fallout lies where the responsibility is - pure and simple.

I haven't criticised any individual for the exact reasons I've stated before, nobody knows the actual events. I've posted that people should remember there is a victim here and moderate their comments with that in mind. They should also moderate their comments about the alleged offender until the facts are known, if that ever happens.

I have criticised the club because their managing of the media throughout this has, in my opinion been very poor. Others don't agree with that and I will acknowledge their opinions are as valid as mine. You base your opinion on how you make you evaluations. As long as you call it an opinion and not bang on like its some kind of fact, then I can respect most opinions. I would hope but not actually expect others to do the same

Yarran had his own demons to contend with before ever becoming a docker and they included the rabid WC press who hounded him to his grave. Johnson was chastised by the club and stood down unlike the sweeping under the carpet regime that Nesbitt over saw all in the name of a for ever tarnished cup. Players nearly died , ended up in jail, lives ruined. Nesbitt has never been called upon to explain why he did nothing. Where was the press and 7 hounding Nesbitt and asking for his head. How he is still in charge is a indictment on the low moral compass of the club and supporters. Every club has skeletons in the cupboard but WC has a cemetery full of them.

You're like a caricature of a Fremantle supporter. I genuinely chortled whilst reading this post.

I would be a hypocrite if I was actually Trevor Nisbett, but alas for your diversionary tactics, I'm not.

So if we want to play your game of he who is not guilty cast the first stone, I've never sexually harassed anyone so there goes your entire defence strategy.

Now if you could please stick to the tread topic instead of slinging mud at everyone else to make yourself feel better then that'd be much appreciated.

How do I know what you post is fact. You're accusing Lyon without facts so why should you not be in the same boat. So not knowing you and just guessing at the substance of your posts I out you as a hypocrite.

Ok

Yes I know but its not restricted to Freo supporters. Frankly, my view is that victim blaming isn't really acceptable and I have carwefully avoided that. Particularly so when nobody outside the club / AFL actually knows what has occurred and what is covered by the NDA etc Right now, its very hard to point the finger with any degree of certainty when 'officially' the alleged perpetrator hasn't been identified. We all know who has been name but officially nobody has been identified.

Wrong is wrong, agreed, and saying 'look at your club' is in the end just deflection but I will say some of the 'holier than thou' comments deserve to be called out as hypocritical. That doesn't change for one second that 'wrong is wrong' in this case and in the end, the fallout lies where the responsibility is - pure and simple.

I haven't criticised any individual for the exact reasons I've stated before, nobody knows the actual events. I've posted that people should remember there is a victim here and moderate their comments with that in mind. They should also moderate their comments about the alleged offender until the facts are known, if that ever happens.

I have criticised the club because their managing of the media throughout this has, in my opinion been very poor. Others don't agree with that and I will acknowledge their opinions are as valid as mine. You base your opinion on how you make you evaluations. As long as you call it an opinion and not bang on like its some kind of fact, then I can respect most opinions. I would hope but not actually expect others to do the same

Well addressed, sir/madam.

How do I know what you post is fact. You're accusing Lyon without facts so why should you not be in the same boat. So not knowing you and just guessing at the substance of your posts I out you as a hypocrite.

C'mon man. I'm not saying hang the bloke - even if he was guilty of what's been alleged. But surely you can see the smoke coming from this - payout, NDA etc. I think we have enough information to at least discuss this and the ramifications.

There would be a lot of nervous clubs, players, managers etc around right now. If you think this is an isolated case you are kidding yourself. The use of confidentiality agreements is common in business and AFL having young men with the money and opportunity to misbehave probably just makes it even worse. For whatever reason the chick in question cannot move on but there will be plenty of other cases like this.

You're like a caricature of a Fremantle supporter. I genuinely chortled whilst reading this posted gold is .

Wow the epitome of the WC supporter caricature calling another supporter a caricature . I have genuinely cacked my pants while reading your ..... I can't bring myself to call them posts. Comedy gold they are.

If it is try and it was sexual harassment then Ross Lyon should spend time in jail and never return to the AFL

This is why I'm here

We've gone from " an inappropriate comment about a junior staffers dress "

To " Lewd comments re: staffers " budding boobs "

To " sexual assault, throw away the key "

Meanwhile we have daytrippers like Bender_ imploring us fans to either admit what Lyon has done or denounce it as a beat up.

In the real world however all parties involved are bind by a NDA to not discuss what happened. Or " hush money " as the simpletons like to spin it.

C'mon man. I'm not saying hang the bloke - even if he was guilty of what's been alleged. But surely you can see the smoke coming from this - payout, NDA etc. I think we have enough information to at least discuss this and the ramifications.

You're not discussing you're accusing without the facts. There is information in another news outlet that Lyon made the comment not to the woman's face but to a group that included 2 assistant coaches and the comment wasn't sexual . Why aren't you discussing this version. The facts are we don't know the facts .

Wow the epitome of the WC supporter caricature calling another supporter a caricature . I have genuinely cacked my pants while reading your ..... I can't bring myself to call them posts. Comedy gold they are.

Imitation, the highest form of flattery.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guilty of what though ? thats the big question

Obviously something has gone down but no one knows what exactly, even the tabloids can't get their shit straight

Until either Lyon or the woman involved speaks to the press or makes a public statement, what is there really to discuss.

We all know RTB isn't giving anything away and the woman is bound by a confidentiality agreement. I'm more interested in who leaked the info and what was the driving force behind it.

You're not discussing you're accusing without the facts. There is information in another news outlet that Lyon made the comment not to the woman's face but to a group that included 2 assistant coaches and the comment wasn't sexual . Why aren't you discussing this version. The facts are we don't know the facts .

No, I'm discussing the information we have and the ramifications of it. You're refusing to take ownership of the possibility that it may be legitimate and over compensating by pointing out how terrible every other club is. I can't understand why you can't see how immature you're being.

If you class being labelled a knob flattery what more can I say:)

Odd you'd copy me then. You seem like a very confused individual to be honest.

Guilty of what though ? thats the big question

Obviously something has gone down but no one knows what exactly, even the tabloids can't get their shit straight

Until either Lyon or the woman involved speaks to the press or makes a public statement, what is there really to discuss.

We all know RTB isn't giving anything away and the woman is bound by a confidentiality agreement. I'm more interested in who leaked the info and what was the driving force behind it.

What's been alleged, pepe. I think that's fairly obvious.

This is why I'm here

We've gone from " an inappropriate comment about a junior staffers dress "

To " Lewd comments re: staffers " budding boobs "

To " sexual assault, throw away the key "

Meanwhile we have daytrippers like Bender_ imploring us fans to either admit what Lyon has done or denounce it as a beat up.

In the real world however all parties involved are bind by a NDA to not discuss what happened. Or " hush money " as the simpletons like to spin it.
I politely disagree with you. It's a slippery slope and if stuff like this becomes normalised then everything will continue to go downhill. It's about preventing the problem at the source.

No, I'm discussing the information we have and the ramifications of it. You're refusing to take ownership of the possibility that it may be legitimate and over compensating by pointing out how terrible every other club is. I can't understand why you can't see how immature you're being.

Nesbitt was in charge of the worst years in WC's history and is still in charge . You have failed to give any reason as to why he is still there . Until Nesbitt is gone WC supporters making any kind of moral judgement on Freo are hypocritical. I have not mentioned any other club as being terrible . You never let the facts get in the way of a good story . Thats why anything you post is to be taken with a grain of salt.

Well knock yourself out mate because I have heard so many different stories I don't know what to believe

Was it a throw away comment at the xmas party, did RTB try to hit on her all night, what exactly did he say, and now we have sexual assault and a tape recording of some sort

Meanwhile none of the parties involved are giving a peep

Nesbitt was in charge of the worst years in WC's history and is still in charge . You have failed to give any reason as to why he is still there . Until Nesbitt is gone WC supporters making any kind of moral judgement on Freo are hypocritical. I have not mentioned any other club as being terrible . You never let the facts get in the way of a good story . Thats why anything you post is to be taken with a grain of salt.

Go back to the kiddie table, you're not grasping the concept of discussing the topic.

Well knock yourself out mate because I have heard so many different stories I don't know what to believe

Was it a throw away comment at the xmas party, did RTB try to hit on her all night, what exactly did he say, and now we have sexual assault and a tape recording of some sort

Meanwhile none of the parties involved are giving a peep

I think sexual harassment/inappropriate comment is probably the most likely. Sexual assault would've involved the police and wouldn't have been able to be settled by a payment/NDA.

But yes I will continue to "knock myself out" as you say. It's an interesting topic that is new to the AFL landscape and warrants some discussion.

Thought I'd try the "budding boobies" line with my partner on the weekend, fair to say that went down like a led balloon. I followed up with: "just call me the boss".

Needless to say it was a total failure.

Not sure what to make of it all. Either I'm not as cool as Ross Lyon or his pick up lines are disastrous.

Thought I'd try the "budding boobies" line with my partner on the weekend, fair to say that went down like a led balloon. I followed up with: "just call me the boss".

Needless to say it was a total failure.

Not sure what to make of it all. Either I'm not as cool as Ross Lyon or his pick up lines are disastrous.
Why can't it be both?

Remove this Banner Ad

Nostradamus Lives Ross Lyon Sexual Harassment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back