Rough up Judd - has it been tried??

Remove this Banner Ad

duncan said:
Don`t buy into the media hype. West Coast are not simply Judd.

We have actually won games without him.

Not since his debut, you haven't.

Thanks to understudy's research http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5087918&postcount=6 (it better be right!), Judd has missed only one of West Coast's last 100 games. It was against Collingwood at the MCG last year and the Eagles lost.

In simpler terms, Chris Judd has been present for every single one of West Coast's wins since he made his debut in round 2, 2002. West Coast has not won a game without Judd in that time.

Care to rethink that statement?

Judd is too quick, too smart and has too much awareness to leave himself wide open to getting crunched. Even if someone lined him up and timed it to perfection, he'd see it coming at the last second, take evasive action and cop maybe a glancing hit.

It would have to be a really dirty cheap shot for Judd to not see it coming.

Happy to - I still maintain that West Coast is simply not Judd.

Fair enough opinion. Except for the fact that you haven't won a game without him since he made his debut.

FWIW, I think West Coast is more than just Judd too, but your initial assertion was somewhat comical.

Peter bell attempted to snipe Judd by runnig of the line at the first bounce in the derby, judd moved out of the way at the last second and bell cleaned up his own teammate. I thought bell was one of the decent guys going around.

Copeland used to try it a bit. Didn't work. Voss gave him a cheap shot once, didnt work. Rawlings and baker turtled him last season thankfully the umpires are paying frees this year. Holland tried it to a lesser extent on the weekend, we all know how that turned out.

It is a bit like bouncing bradman, it is frowned upon, and the rules were changed to deal with it.

bellsnipe.jpg

hawkeye23 said:
Thanks Mancey.

With regard to Judd standing up in tackles, did you see him on Satdy night stand up in a tackle, then break it, with both hands still on the ball? The man's a freak. I'd have his sons just so we could get them in 18 years time under father-son.

Ahem excuse me :confused:

lazy said:
If the Dons want to beat Weagles this is their only hope. They used to be a hard nut team but the marshmellows are coming back.

Solomon, Johnson etc should give Judd the treatment.

I have seen teams in the past target one player for the treatment with success. Everytime that player gets the ball he is gang tackled. The played gets tired and is not as effective.

Has anyone seen this tried against Judd?
Well, if you do that, then Kerr, Cousins, Cox, Embley, Jones, Wirrapanda, Sampi etc wil be there to back him up and you will still lose by plenty.

mjr_42 said:
Not since his debut, you haven't.

Thanks to understudy's research http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5087918&postcount=6 (it better be right!), Judd has missed only one of West Coast's last 100 games. It was against Collingwood at the MCG last year and the Eagles lost.

In simpler terms, Chris Judd has been present for every single one of West Coast's wins since he made his debut in round 2, 2002. West Coast has not won a game without Judd in that time.

Care to rethink that statement?

RESPECT?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sedders said:
what would the calming influence have to say about this? If he were a true eagle supporter, he'd be all for it.

surely you'd pair Judd off with some chicks at the AIS and fund a full on breeding program, rather than some random pleb or stink insect like bec.

:eek:

understudy said:
surely you'd pair Judd off with some chicks at the AIS and fund a full on breeding program, rather than some random pleb or stink insect like bec.

:eek:

Sorry Chris, you have to leave Rebecca Twigley and take up with Jana Pittman.
That would put him off his game, something few men have achieved!

Chewy said:
Judd is too quick, too smart and has too much awareness to leave himself wide open to getting crunched. Even if someone lined him up and timed it to perfection, he'd see it coming at the last second, take evasive action and cop maybe a glancing hit.

It would have to be a really dirty cheap shot for Judd to not see it coming.

Peter Bell tried this exact same with a few weeks ago. lined him up from the centre bounce, Judd dodged it at the last second and Bell took out his own player :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Rough up Judd - has it been tried??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back