westaussie76

All Australian
Dec 5, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Watford FC
Confidence is shot to pieces, doesn't seem to be enjoying his footy and IMO needs to spend a couple of weeks at Box Hill to try and get some confidence back.

What are eveyone's thought's, would he benefit from a run in the 2nd's?

I actually thought he played his role quite well today.

Never went for a mark in the wet greasy conditions, always brought the ball to ground.

Put on a good tackle resulting in a goal as well.

He will be better once his partner in crime is back next week.

Yeah, Roughead to CHB. Get a few easy touches and shore up the backline while you're at it. His defensive pressure was very good today. Played like a defender in the forward line if you know what I mean.

would benefit from a run in defense when franklin gets back

Agreed - although the way our defense is playing I don't want him mucking up their mojo...

Realistically, I think we need to leave him forward. We need the 2nd tall. People will say Dowler / Lisle etc can fill the role but I think Roughie needs to play himself back into form, in the 1sts.

Throw him into defense if you must, but for God's sake Clarkson don't leave him where he is right now - in no man's land mentally.

If all else fails a week at Box Hill would be worth it if it puts a rocket up his arse, and it's looking more and more like that's what needed. It's inexcusable for a man of his size to impose himself physically so little, and even at his best it's something he never seems to do enough.

If the Hawks employ a sports psychologist I suggest he or she be asssigned to Roughead, exclusively.

Throw him into defense if you must, but for God's sake Clarkson don't leave him where he is right now - in no man's land mentally.

If all else fails a week at Box Hill would be worth it if it puts a rocket up his arse, and it's looking more and more like that's what needed. It's inexcusable for a man of his size to impose himself physically so little, and even at his best it's something he never seems to do enough.

If the Hawks employ a sports psychologist I suggest he or she be asssigned to Roughead, exclusively.

I can't work out whether he's hopelessly out of form, or the forward role he's being asked to play is just plain wrong. I'm leaning on the side of a super-sized serving of the two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure Roughy needs a spell, but who are we going to bring in to replace him?

Do we honestly think Dowler is doing anywhere near enough to force Roughy out, cos thats the alternative. Nothing against Dowler, but Roughy would still be the better option at the moment, and maybe thats part of the problem.

While Ive called for Roughy to go down back for us, at the moment, thats the best functioning unit of our team. We dont need to mess with it now they're getting their act together. Ladson will be working to force his way back in, not to mention Shoey, then Gibbo as well. No time to go trying to experiement with Roughie now. His window down back has closed.

If Rough goes back to BH, where would he play? If he played forward, is he going to get any supply and get back to form, cos it sure sounded like on the weekend our BH forwards had nothing to work with. Would it be worth throwing him back to twiddle his thumbs?

So, given that maybe he shouldn't be getting a run in our forward line, and, maybe he couldn't force himself into our backline, and that its probably a waste of time playing forward at BH, - would it be worth giving him a trot at CHB at BH? Would get a kick in the pants by being dropped; we can see how he goes at CHB; he will get a kick at BH and even if hes not kicking goals he might get some form and confidence back. It might also serve as a refresher as to what a forward should be doing if he's trying to stop one.

More likely, we'll stick with him beside Buddy. They work better together and given how Clarko has stuck by other players as they come back to form, I reckon he will stick with Roughy. Whatever happens, I hope hes round against the scum. Can always cut him loose as a wrecking ball.

I'm convinced he's carrying an injury. I watched him run out after half time and he's favouring his left leg. Maybe his knee is bothering him?

I didn't quite see how Roughead got the knock to the head. Might that of taken some of the steam out of him??

Just for you punters who want to drop him to Box Hill, have a think about what happens to our forward line. Franklin would get total attention and our other options would all be smalls or a resting ruckman. Just by being there, he makes our forward structure look good. Didn't have a great day, but you don't drop the key to your structure for a poor day. Have a think before you overreact with a bunch of tripe.

Try suggesting what you'd do after you drop him, if that's the way you want to go.

I didn't quite see how Roughead got the knock to the head. Might that of taken some of the steam out of him??

Just for you punters who want to drop him to Box Hill, have a think about what happens to our forward line. Franklin would get total attention and our other options would all be smalls or a resting ruckman. Just by being there, he makes our forward structure look good. Didn't have a great day, but you don't drop the key to your structure for a poor day. Have a think before you overreact with a bunch of tripe.

Try suggesting what you'd do after you drop him, if that's the way you want to go.

Exactly!!! Yes he doesn't look quite right but BH is certainly not the place for Roughnut. Competed well in the second half, and his tackle on Chaplin in the 3rd was great.

Can't we just enjoy a win without having to pot a player! Not winning pretty but we're winning!!!!!

Since Clarko didn't throw him in the ruck at any stage (to fire him up) it tells me he's carrying injury and only played today because Buddy was out.

It was very ugly to watch his game today. I've never seen a bloke look so weary as he walked around for 4 qtrs.

Lets face it Roughies output has been diminishing by the week. Confidence or injury? Who knows. Point is no matter who they bring in with Roughie in his current form it aint going to be a great nett loss. Besides both ossie and laddo did a stint in the magoos and have comeback inspired. The notion of playing blokes on reputation just doen't cut it with me-he's had enough chances.

HOw many clear one on ones did he get today ?

Gotts get it on there to him quicker and the other forwards have ot get out his way.

I noticed today he went up with one arm 3 or 4 times alway with his left arm. Maybe has a shoulder injury or is just being held.

But no, Box Hill wont help his confidence just needs to tough it out.

HOw many clear one on ones did he get today ?

Gotts get it on there to him quicker and the other forwards have ot get out his way.

I noticed today he went up with one arm 3 or 4 times alway with his left arm. Maybe has a shoulder injury or is just being held.

But no, Box Hill wont help his confidence just needs to tough it out.
For how long?

Remove this Banner Ad

Roughie to Box Hill

Remove this Banner Ad

Back