Preview Round 1, 2016: Geelong v Hawthorn, Melbourne Cricket Ground, 28 March 2016, 3.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So there's a lot at stake even though it's a round 1 contest

Geelong lose - Maybe recruiting Dangerfield wasn't the best idea
Hawthorn lose - Premiership defence off to a rocky start.

All the hype around Dangerfield will probably work in our favour. There is a lot more pressure on them I reckon because they have turned over a lot of players and have put a lot of eggs in the Dangerfield basket.

If they lose (particularly if we win by 6+ goals) but he plays a great game it doesn't bode well for them.

Geelong could do some damage playing Dangerfield as a lead up forward for 40%+ of the game. However, as Selwood is underdone he's the one more likely to do this. And Selwood doesn't present nearly the same threat.
When there was talk that we were in the race, I suggested/hoped we'd play him as a Lethal-type FP, to both get him on the scoreboard as well as prolonging his career. He did a lot of the heavy lifting at Adelaide & could burn out 2/3 years early if he then has to carry geelong for the next few years.

Not sure geelong have that option though.

Last edited:

All the hype around Dangerfield will probably work in our favour. There is a lot more pressure on them I reckon because they have turned over a lot of players and have put a lot of eggs in the Dangerfield basket.

If they lose (particularly if we win by 6+ goals) but he plays a great game it doesn't bode well for them.
This my biggest fear. Win or lose whatever. But go down by more than 20 points... :(

When there was talk that we were in the race, I suggested/hoped we'd play him as a Lethal-type FP, to both get him on the scoreboard as well as prolonging his career. He did a lot of the heavy lifting at Adelaide & could burn out 2/3 years early if he then has to carry geelong for the next few years.

Not sure geelong have that option though.
He'll rest there and not on the bench - and as he's shown pre-season he can easily snag 3 or 4 goals a game doing that.

Hating we are the last game feeling the nerves hate dangerfield and those handbaggers... Even worse Sydney did good and the bullies on top... Jeepers this is a must win at all costs.. Seeing that liar judas do good made me sick to my stomach.. Let's rock the G!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Slight difference kicking 3-4 goals in NAB cup than attempting to do it against arguably the best backline in the league.
Serious question who goes to him? He'll burn Frawley and Gibson alive.

He'll rest there and not on the bench - and as he's shown pre-season he can easily snag 3 or 4 goals a game doing that.
If he can rest forward & snag 4 then you should play him as a forward & let him kick 12.

Often the forgotten man. Ben Stratton.

BT commentating makes me almost not want to rewatch these great highlights.

"He went up vertically" where the **** else is he supposed to go when he's jumping.

Um... your signature has an error in it.

It clearly states triple premiership players come along once in a lifetime.

Here are the ones that have come along in my lifetime

So it seems triple premiership players are a dime a dozen.

Don't insult Tuck by calling him a triple premiership player...

This list is rubbish - most of them are not triple premiership players at all

Don't insult Tuck by calling him a triple premiership player...

This list is rubbish - most of them are not triple premiership players at all
Tuck has been a triple premiership player 35 times.

{76,78,83} {76,78,86} {76,78,88} {76,78,89} {76,78,91} {76,83,86} {76,83,88} {76,83,89} {76,83,91} {76,86,88} {76,86,89} {76,86,91} {76,88,89} {76,88,91} {76,89,91} {78,83,86} {78,83,88} {78,83,89} {78,83,91} {78,86,88} {78,86,89} {78,86,91} {78,88,89} {78,88,91} {78,89,91} {83,86,88} {83,86,89} {83,86,91} {83,88,89} {83,88,91} {83,89,91} {86,88,89} {86,88,91} {86,89,91} {88,89,91}

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back