Preview Round 17, 2024 : Geelong v Hawthorn, 4:35pm Sat 6th July, GMHBA stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think mitch lewis in will really benefit the wizard. if lewis takes the ball to the ground he’ll be there.

Re. Lewis, i just don't know what we are going to get.

What I want to see is that first half vs Adelaide in 2022 where he had 5 a few mins into the second.

I think mitch lewis in will really benefit the wizard. if lewis takes the ball to the ground he’ll be there.

Like Bud to Cyril in the 2008 GF.

That's shit although it's a position that have have options tbh.

Not convinced by Mitchell but see how he goes.

When they say not expecting to miss too much footy, are we talking 1 week or like a month.

1. I'm not doubting he's injury prone, my point is that when he is healthy he is bloody good and a top 10 KPF.

2. At the moment we have a 3 game sample size where the team also sucked and he was potentially already carrying his knee issue. I agree they will need to figure it out but I trust that they will

3. Probably not Dear standard but I don't think the drop off is as significant as people are suggesting

4. His last 2 years he has been 6th and 8th for goals per game in the league. He is a big key forward that consistently kicks goals, that is his role

We will see tomorrow?🤞

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps not having Sicily and Ginnivan for this match might work for us. The weight of expectation on our players will be less. And the unpredictability for the opposition will be more.
Can see us notching a narrow win

I like your optimism Rob. We should be able to cover Sicily coz Hawkins is out.

I'm more concerned about the loss of Ginnivan. Mainly because our fwd line has been functioning like a well oiled machine. Ginnivan is all class.

Real lack of excitement on Mitch Lewis' return. I love seeing this guy play. Marbior's gonna love it too.

As much as we're all excited for Dear and surprised at how well he's played - Mitch Lewis is such a massive upgrade on 5-game player.
I’ve been a huge fan since his rookie year and love him at his best. But I’m a bit reserved about his comeback bc it usually takes him a block of games before he hits some decent form.

He should still be good for a big grab and a goal.

I just want him to give give us a presence deep in the f50. Anything more would be a bonus.

If he actually performs to his high standards then we will smash Geelong.

You're all braver than me, being so confident.

We're coming off a bye and a soft kill against a VFL standard side.

Geelong are coming off playing the second best team in the comp then a battle in the wet at the MCG where they brushed aside their opponent with ease in the second half.

Need to set the tone early and not be caught napping. Feel as though we can't play catch up down there against a more experienced side, despite the fact we theoretically should be faster for longer with our young team.
Essendon are not the second best team in the comp and you will see this as they fall down the ladder.
Gini has broken his leg HS is saying a fractured fibula.
It's a hairline fracture of the fibula, probably only a couple of weeks. In some ways having a straight forward minor fracture is better than an ill defined soft tissue problem.

That's shit although it's a position that have have options tbh.

Not convinced by Mitchell but see how he goes.

When they say not expecting to miss too much footy, are we talking 1 week or like a month.
they said 1 - 2 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back