Preview Round 1, 2020: Hawthorn v Brisbane Lions, 22 March 2020, 3.20pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem at all Sparty, always welcome thinking of as many angles as possible.
The solution as has been shown in China and South Korea is that isolation/personal distancing works.
As in, it closes the connectivity of the disease and can halt it's presence in a community.
44 footy players over 18 teams plus all staff and attendees....over a thousand people minimum at a rounds worth of games each week, each going about their business afterwards possibly infected and infecting others until they show obvious signs of the disease.
Extrapolate that out in a National competition that touches every state and every part of the population, and you could infect 100,000 people very very quickly.

As has been shown in every pandemic or outbreak, it is the close association and spread that is of issue.
Kids are a minefield as they congregate in schools and in close proximity to eachother, as well as touching everything and their parents in abandon. Footy players sweating, breathing, touching, in close proximity of clubs, are going to share disease very easily.

As i said, DAF.
Interesting that one lesson from Japan was that shutting down the schools meant too many health workers couldn’t go to work due to child care responsibilities. In a way we are lucky to see so many templates before it has really hit here. The European model is clearly a ballsup. Europe is now the epicentre so WHO says

I was pretty excited to go watch this game live! I was also invited to a box for the pies sat arvo rd3 game. spewing!!

If i have to ill watch the games on tv, it will be interesting to see what players play like without the crowds it will very much have a practice match / training feel about it some players just don't get up for this.

From a club view a delayed start could help us, Gunners becomes a chance,
More kms into the legs for Mitch&Patton. Less games Hardwick &Impey to miss.
Synergy on the training track.

Rip all the seats out of the MCG and turn it into one big carpark and then everyone can sit safely in their cars beeping their horns when a goal is kicked.

Good old fashioned suburban footy. :thumbsu:

It's going to be so weird watching a football game with absolutely no atmosphere

I watched the ODI last night vs NZ, it was truly a weird experience. Fours, Sixes, complete and utter silence. When Warner got his 50 he didn't even know as again there was dead silence. Fielders had to fetch the balls themselves if it went into the stands. It felt a little like watching a televised game of Grade cricket but even then you have the odd loud clapping from someone close to the camera.

I watched the ODI last night vs NZ, it was truly a weird experience. Fours, Sixes, complete and utter silence. When Warner got his 50 he didn't even know as again there was dead silence. Fielders had to fetch the balls themselves if it went into the stands. It felt a little like watching a televised game of Grade cricket but even then you have the odd loud clapping from someone close to the camera.

Yes but how funny was Kerry O’Keefe - after someone hit a six?

I’ll give a million dollars to the spectator who catches the next 6”

If we stop Cameron and Neale I think we’ll win. Will be be weird to watch without a crowd and hard to watch knowing the season will be postponed at some stage or possibly even cancelled.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very unlikely
I hope the season doesn't stop
We're playing without crowds
Without crowds seems stupid
Ok no football until crowds
That seems better

AFL we listen to our fans and for the safety of everyone we will postpone the season

Much clapping

I hope the season doesn't stop
We're playing without crowds
Without crowds seems stupid
Ok no football until crowds
That seems better

AFL we listen to our fans and for the safety of everyone we will postpone the season

Much clapping
I was looking forward to two things with the season starting, 1 being able to take my mind off the absolute shit show that 2020 is becoming and 2 seeing what the free kick count would look like without a crowd.

Would prefer that it goes ahead, understand if not though.

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk

I hope the season goes ahead. We will still need supermarkets, hospitals, public transport, petrol stations. All these workers will b required. Why should professional players get excused. I won’t get a break from my job. Play on.

Games are on for the time being. Plan to play 6 games in first 4 weeks. Shorter game (17.5 + time on) inevitable there will be a period of no games, AFL wanna get as many in as they can before that. No crowds and clubs allowed to add a supp list of 15 players in case of emergency.

- not the greatest result for us if this scenario plays out.
-Those games will be fast tempo do you tinker with the line up.

Games are on for the time being. Plan to play 6 games in first 4 weeks. Shorter game (17.5 + time on) inevitable there will be a period of no games, AFL wanna get as many in as they can before that. No crowds and clubs allowed to add a supp list of 15 players in case of emergency.

- not the greatest result for us if this scenario plays out.
-Those games will be fast tempo do you tinker with the line up.
Of course they will. Once again the game has changed. Clubs will change with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back