Preview Round 1, 2022: St.Kilda v Collingwood - Marvel Stadium, Friday 18th March, 7:50PM AEDT

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 70 77.8%
  • Magpies

Votes: 20 22.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I’m willing to give Bytel more time to cement himself. For whatever reason our players don’t develop quickly and that’s without basically two years of no footy. Another year or two before I give up hope on him. Watching this grand final is a chilling reminder about how far off we are in the midfield though my goodness.

Yeah I’m willing to give Bytel more time to cement himself. For whatever reason our players don’t develop quickly and that’s without basically two years of no footy. Another year or two before I give up hope on him. Watching this grand final is a chilling reminder about how far off we are in the midfield though my goodness.

On the McKenzie scale he's way ahead of schedule.

If that is the point I don't think it's a very good one.
So Grundy has shown he can single handed he can dominate the Marshall and Ryder combo.

And you think instead of going in with Hayes - who’s wraps are his versatility, competitiveness and impact around the ground. We should use Sharman… because why?

So Grundy has shown he can single handed he can dominate the Marshall and Ryder combo.

And you think instead of going in with Hayes - who’s wraps are his versatility, competitiveness and impact around the ground. We should use Sharman… because why?
Because Hayes won't be able to compete with Grundy.

If we try and match him up against Grundy he will slaughter him.

I hope the plan is to only have him in there when Cox is there and if that is the case then it makes sense to just pick your 3 best key forwards and put Marshall head to head with Grundy.

Got dominated by the Carlton ruck and would get slaughtered around the ground by Grundy.
Hayes had 4 hit outs and wasn't up to pace

Marshall will go with Grundy and Hayes will ruck when Grundy is off

Starting to sound like Hayes is the messiah

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because he can kick goals. What is Hayes going to do outside of getting slaughtered by Grundy and picked off around the ground? Hayes over Sharman isn't going to win the game, so why not go with the bloke who showed plenty of promise with the chances he got late last year?

I think when people say mids they aren't talking about wingman but centre square mids.

We haven't invested heavily through the draft on mids no doubt.

Before Owens, Clark was the only top 40 pick we used on a mid since Gresham in 2015. And we have hardly used Clark as a midfielder since he's been here.

The chance of any mid taken past pick 40 becoming an elite of the comp are always going to be small.

Owens is definitely the type of mid we need though if he can get going but he's speculative at this stage.
Very convenient you leave out pick 41 in 2018, or our first pick in 2019. Coz if you didn't, you might have much less of a point.

So you think we will still go 3 key forwards with Ryder and Marshall?

If so who gets the nod with Membrey and King?
Hayes is playing. He spent the majority of the summer playing as a mobile target at high half forward

He isn’t the messiah and you know well enough that I said via pm that people need to stop talking him up like an A grader.

But he is the best fit for a back up ruck key forward option. Particularly against Grundy

Very convenient you leave out pick 41 in 2018, or our first pick in 2019. Coz if you didn't, you might have much less of a point.
Not convenient at all. That is my point.

Not that we haven't taken mids, but that we have used later picks on them which history suggests you are less likely to find elite talent with.

Hayes is an A Grader

Because he can kick goals. What is Hayes going to do outside of getting slaughtered by Grundy and picked off around the ground? Hayes over Sharman isn't going to win the game, so why not go with the bloke who showed plenty of promise with the chances he got late last year?
Mate you are literally trashing a bloke who has played maybe 6 practice match quarters saying he won’t contribute goals.

I’d honestly be pretty happy if Hayes dished up what he did against Essendon on Friday night - bar a few small pacing errors like the holding the ball.

Hayes is playing. He spent the majority of the summer playing as a mobile target at high half forward

He isn’t the messiah and you know well enough that I said via pm that people need to stop talking him up like an A grader.

But he is the best fit for a back up ruck key forward option. Particularly against Grundy
Yeah right.

That surprises me if true. I don't think he looks much of a threat up forward from what I've seen and is a bit slow to be played as a high half forward.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but I would see that as a strange move.

I thought he was only in the picture for his use in the ruck

Mate you are literally trashing a bloke who has played maybe 6 practice match quarters saying he won’t contribute goals.

I’d honestly be pretty happy if Hayes dished up what he did against Essendon on Friday night - bar a few small pacing errors like the holding the ball.
We need proven goal kickers, not hard triers who make a contest. Hayes needs to be a marking goal kicker, or contribute to goals, but Round 1 will tell.

My preference is sharman as forward not a ruck option and Campbell or Hayes to give Marshall a chop out
Dont think whether its Hayes Sharman or Campbell giving a chop out it will be the difference whether we win or lose

The west coast game I watched today we had Carlilse giving Marshall a chop out against Nic Nat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back