Preview Round 1, 2022: St.Kilda v Collingwood - Marvel Stadium, Friday 18th March, 7:50PM AEDT

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 70 77.8%
  • Magpies

Votes: 20 22.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah right.

That surprises me if true. I don't think he looks much of a threat up forward from what I've seen and is a bit slow to be played as a high half forward.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but I would see that as a strange move.

I thought he was only in the picture for his use in the ruck
Privately I mentioned to a few posters that over pre season we trained match sim with a giant forward half.

Up the line. Spillage for the smalls Or mark the ball. Hits the deck. Lock it up rinse and repeat.

Defending they trained forcing the attacking side to go straight line down the ground. Ruckman to support and kill the contest. We saw this during the practice matches.

My preference is sharman as forward not a ruck option and Campbell or Hayes to give Marshall a chop out
Dont think whether its Hayes Sharman or Campbell giving a chop out it will be the difference whether we win or lose

The west coast game I watched today we had Carlilse giving Marshall a chop out against Nic Nat
And from memory, sandwiched either side of that game we got rolled by the tigers and the power with Carlisle largely invisible - did we not?

Privately I mentioned to a few posters that over pre season we trained match sim with a giant forward half.

Up the line. Spillage for the smalls Or mark the ball. Hits the deck. Lock it up rinse and repeat.

Defending they trained forcing the attacking side to go straight line down the ground. Ruckman to support and kill the contest. We saw this during the practice matches.
Yeah, I don't mind the game style, just don't think Hayes is the best option as the third key forward if we already have two rucks.

As I said, I only thought he was in the picture for his ability to play in the ruck over Sharman, but if we have two rucks I just don't see the point.

Yeah, I don't mind the game style, just don't think Hayes is the best option as the third key forward if we already have two rucks.

As I said, I only thought he was in the picture for his ability to play in the ruck over Sharman, but if we have two rucks I just don't see the point.
Sharman started the first praccy and was invisible. He clearly had the spot - form means he won’t get selected it seems.

Hayes did well. Check the review thread.

Nothing wrong with rewarding that.

Mate you are literally trashing a bloke who has played maybe 6 practice match quarters saying he won’t contribute goals.

I’d honestly be pretty happy if Hayes dished up what he did against Essendon on Friday night - bar a few small pacing errors like the holding the ball.
Small sample but Hayes was slaughtered in the ruck and looked off the pace and slow around the ground, imo he looks less suited to AFL than hunter was. There are people in the 20 klm walk who get further off the ground and don’t get flagged.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just wish we had the brass to say- we are the better team here. Let Collingwood worry about how they are gonna stop king, sharman, Marshall and membrey. Not us playing a battler to try and stop cox…
I don't think anyone here is worried in the slightest about Mason Cox. It's obviously more to do with stopping Grundy who has decimated us in the past. We should be looking at areas that they may get on top of us in, that'd be the smart thing to do.

And on that, Hayes offers very little, it's kind of pointless having him in, he won't have much of an effect on helping stop Grundy. I would like us to go with Sharman, at least there's more upside there...we may get decimated in the ruck but we would've anyway, at least with Sharman in we can potentially kick a few more goals and make it tougher for them to defend.

I'm saying not many players get more than 4 years if the don't play regular best 22 footy, especially mids, they might wait longer for rucks and KPs but he really wants to get a move on. If you're a top 20 pick you might get given a bit longer.

Year 1- Injured
Year 2- Covid (no VFL)
Year 3- Covid (no VFL)

If anything Bytel has exceeded what should be expected of a pick 41 with a handful of games experience.

The kid has talent & just needed to get his body right & tank up. Now he just needs games under his belt.

Hope the 1st of that run of games begins on Friday night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sharman started the first praccy and was invisible. He clearly had the spot - form means he won’t get selected it seems.

Hayes did well. Check the review thread.

Nothing wrong with rewarding that.
Fair enough, I didn't think Hayes was overly good in that practice match. Did a couple of good things but to me he just looked like a handy depth player that was worth signing in case we had a few injuries.

Definitely a long way off what Sharman was able to produce in the intra club or his 4 games so far.

Hopefully I'm way off the mark and it ends up being a master stroke but I was rapt with the way King, Sharman and Membrey looked last year.

Yep but a "mature" ager not a kid.

Yaba named a few - surprised me actually how many.
Yeah fair enough. First one that comes to mind is Hunter Clark in 2018. Kicked a goal and we wore one off guernseys to celebrate the members who donated to Moorabbin

180925-hunter22-620.jpg

Fair enough, I didn't think Hayes was overly good in that practice match. Did a couple of good things but to me he just looked like a handy depth player that was worth signing in case we had a few injuries.

Definitely a long way off what Sharman was able to produce in the intra club or his 4 games so far.

Hopefully I'm way off the mark and it ends up being a master stroke but I was rapt with the way King, Sharman and Membrey looked last year.
I kept hearing he was a midfielder in the SANFL instead of pure ruck. Is that right? Or have I misheard? Because for a midfielder he looks absolutely massive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back