Round 1 2025 Fixture Predictions and what is your club's fixture wish list for the season?

Remove this Banner Ad

JPetro83

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2014
Football Park
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Adelaide United & Leeds United
Forget "Opening Round", What is your Round 1 prediction, who will play who and where?

Thurs: Richmond v Carlton - MCG
Friday: Hawthorn v Port - Marvel
Saturday: Melbourne v Geelong- MCG
Saturday(T): Adelaide vs Essendon - Adelaide Oval
Saturday: Brisbane vs Sydney - GABBA (Channel 7 game)
Saturday: Bulldogs vs Fremantle - Marvel
Sunday: GWS v Gold Coast - Giants Stadium
Sunday: Collingwood vs St Kilda - MCG
Sunday: West Coast v North Melbourne - Optus

I am hoping in 2025 the crows can avoid Kardinia park for once, avoid Ballarat. Would be nice to get at least 2 games at the MCG as i think we only got 1 there this year? we dont deserve much as we finished bottom 4 but hoping we can get a kickstart early on by playing teams that finished around us.. i do not want a 0-4 or 1-3 start to the year.

Last edited:

I think Hawthorn and Essendon have asked to be a regular round 1 fixture.

Anyway round 1
Richmond Carlton
Hawthorn Essendon
Bulldogs GWS
Sydney Collingwood
Brisbane Geelong
St Kilda Fremantle
West Coast Port
Adelaide Melbourne
North Goldcoast
The 9 home teams were the 9 away teams to start 2024.
If opening round happens, then it's St Kilda Collingwood & Sydney Fremantle

Collingwood to play home at the MCG first up been a while since we kicked things off there and likely to play say Dogs Hawks or say Crows if interstater then GWS would be juicy.
But feel like tho the AFL will mkae us play Sydney at the SCG Saturday night.
Mines v Dogs on a Saturday twilight game MCG.

Collingwood to play home at the MCG first up been a while since we kicked things off there and likely to play say Dogs Hawks or say Crows if interstater then GWS would be juicy.
But feel like tho the AFL will mkae us play Sydney at the SCG Saturday night.
Mines v Dogs on a Saturday twilight game MCG.
Didnt you play Sydney Round 1 this year?

I don't know why the AFL doesn't revert back to the system we had years ago in the 90s/early 2000s..
where from rounds 1-9 ) now prob rounds 1-10 you play sides you will double up on that season.. so the team you play in round 1 you will then play again in round 17 or 18. i know things have changed now cos of opening round, gather round and bye rounds but i think its ridiculous that you dont play a team for the first time until late in the year or you lay a side twice in 6 weeks. The bye rounds suck at the best of times and are a mess.. cant we just go back to round 12 being a split round? 4 games one week, 5 the next?

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 1 2025 Fixture Predictions and what is your club's fixture wish list for the season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back