Game Day Round 1: Adelaide Crows VS North Melbourne (Brown out, Jacobs in, Turner sub)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would like to see Wright get the job on betts. He murdered Breust in that Hawks game last season

The cricket World Cup pushing the season back a couple of weeks has benefited us enormously. Started pre season late because of the prelim final so the extra few weeks of training because of the cricket will mean we should be on par with all the other teams.

The only game I got to was North v Richmond. Good choice, in hindsight.
Same as me mate. I was stupidly intoxicated as well which made it much better, joined in randomly with North fans singing the song after the game and got given a scarf by one of them. Top night :thumbsu:

Actually I just remembered I got to a couple of other games as well, but the Richmond one was definitely the highlight.

I saw some footage on fox footy of the crowd doing this manic full team press for kick outs... Looked full on, will be on Atley, Luke, JMac and others to break the lines with speed I think.
But apart from all that.... I'm pretty confident. Huge game for our season, and will be nice to come back home for rounds 2 and 3 having nailed this one.

I saw some footage on fox footy of the crowd doing this manic full team press for kick outs... Looked full on, will be on Atley, Luke, JMac and others to break the lines with speed I think.
But apart from all that.... I'm pretty confident. Huge game for our season, and will be nice to come back home for rounds 2 and 3 having nailed this one.

You coming over for the game mate?

You coming over for the game mate?
I would love to mate, but can't... In saying that I will be in Port Fairy, so will be halfway there. I tell ya what if there are some spare (reasonably priced) tickets kicking about, let me know and I'll jump in the car and zip over on the Sunday morning. Hahaha pipe dream.
Edit: just google mapped it... 6hrs and 18 min. That's about 150 in petrol each way for my big petrol guzzler... Might give it a miss.
Are you still a chance to get over for a game?

Last edited:
Window to win a flag is closing??

Well considering we've won four in 90 years, I'm just glad we've got a (flag) freakin window.

This game doesn't really concern me I'm very confident we'll win, mainly because we're better.

North by 32.

Waite with five, Thomas three, Higgins two.

Wish I had your guys confidence. Over there we haven't been that great. Classic 50/50 game. Crows could be anything with a new coach, they have talent.
Eddie Betts looms as a danger man in this game with our unsettled defence.

Wish I had your guys confidence. Over there we haven't been that great. Classic 50/50 game. Crows could be anything with a new coach, they have talent.
Eddie Betts looms as a danger man in this game with our unsettled defence.
Yes I have same sense of anxiety about what Betts can do to us. Don't want to end up on another one of his highlight reels. If our onballers get on top though the flow of supply to their forwards will take the pressure of enormously. I think we SHOULD win but equally if we're not mentally on then we could easily get rolled. Adelaide are a good side with some elite talent.

Also don't they have some guy called Kerridge that usually kicks 15 goals on us then gets dropped back to the reserves?

No disrespect to the Crows but I truely feel we will win or lose this.

If we play to win we will win.

If we are off our game it's up to how well the Crows play.

If both team play their best North by 18 points.

Geez, we are jumping at shadows when there is a growing groundswell of posters shitting themselves about Eddie Betts. I mean, he's Eddie ****ing Betts, so what? It's not as if he's anything more than a goalsneak.

HTFU people. It's gonna be a long year if you think our team can't cope with the Eddie Betts' of the competition.

The only way we lose this is if we replicate the utter tripe of Round 1 last year (or other selected games). We won't be beaten on our merits.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is where Dal Santo earns his salary.

If we can beat them through the midfield and keep Betts from doing too much we'll win. With Crouch and probably Thompson out we should be able to beat them in the midfield. Put Wright on Betts and tell him to keep him within an arms length at all times.

For those who like a punt, we're a pretty tasty price at $2.20 or so to win.

Have no idea who will win this. Going to be a pussy and hedge against myself by tipping and punting on North.

I think about the games you guys played against Sydney and Freo away last year and think we are in serious trouble...but then I think back to rd 9 last year

you guys are definitely more even across the ground, but we have home ground + new coach + Danger/Sloane/Walker/Talia/Jacobs/Betts

Will predict us to win by 10 points.

If you say so mate. Every team thinks the same thing.
Wasn't being disrespectful.

Our best is better than the Crows best is all I was saying (possibly badly)

Playing in a prelim vs not making the 8 is a pretty good guide. Not saying that can't change over this year though.

Geez, we are jumping at shadows when there is a growing groundswell of posters shitting themselves about Eddie Betts. I mean, he's Eddie ******* Betts, so what? It's not as if he's anything more than a goalsneak.

HTFU people. It's gonna be a long year if you think our team can't cope with the Eddie Betts' of the competition.

The only way we lose this is if we replicate the utter tripe of Round 1 last year (or other selected games). We won't be beaten on our merits.
Eddie is not even close to the same player he was at Carlton. His fitness has improved out of sight and is starting to play a lot more midfield minutes, he's much more than just a goalsneak these days. He's in our top 5 most important players now, and has just come off a 50 goal year and AA squad selection. I'd say your coach will pay a little closer attention to him than your post suggests.

Eddie is not even close to the same player he was at Carlton. His fitness has improved out of sight and is starting to play a lot more midfield minutes, he's much more than just a goalsneak these days. He's in our top 5 most important players now, and has just come off a 50 goal year and AA squad selection. I'd say your coach will pay a little closer attention to him than your post suggests.

No doubt our coach will pay him the requisite level of attention.

My point was that he is not a player to cause the fears being stated in this thread, most of which appear to have arisen because he kicked a goal from out of bounds last year.

Indulge me here whilst I do the BigFooty thing: LT >>>>>>>> Betts.

Poorly worded :oops:

If we turn up, we win.

If we lose it's because we didn't turn up.

The Crows can't say the same thing.

Think that is vastly underestimating the Crows mate, especially over there.

I like the idea we can win, but they are not StK or Melb.

They have been in sparkling pre-season form and have most of not all (I think) of their guns available.

This will be a tough game and very handy win if we claim it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back