Autopsy Round 1 - Deja Vu

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd like our 2nd rounder back off the back of that performance. There's a warranty period... right? Right?

Please tell me there is...
Worst performed of the 3 rucks, go back to the VFL and come back in when an opportunity arises. Unlike you I think I'll judge the success of the trade after more than one game

Whats Up Hello GIF by DrSquatchSoapCo
Your flirting with me is too often…
But loved

You will from me; Jack Ziebell is not a one-on-one defender.
If he's not good enough to play a rebounding half-back-flank role, genuine questions can be asked if he's worth a spot in the 22.
I thought this last year, he needs to hand the captaincy over now because he needs to be dropped.

Won't hear a bad word about any of the defenders regarding today, absolutely valiant effort from a completely undermanned, at siege backline; if Hawthorn were actually any good Lewis would have kicked 10. McDonald played one of the most complete games I've ever seen from a defender, would have saved 3-4 certain goals with some massive 1v1 wins and intercepts, and provided some damaging rebound as well.

Midfield battled hard and they are going to be a handful in a few years but you could tell they were gassed, need a few more preseasons before the consistency comes and the botched handball chains and miskicks become less frequent.
absolutely no answers for mitchell lewis today.

Where to start?
That's as flat as I have been watching North in years. I expected some bursts of excitement from the team this year but they were awful.
Against a side we should be able to beat. Instead they looked classes above us. I shudder to think what other teams will do to us.
No one expects miracles, but we better be putting in early work on a priority pick because we've won about five of our last 45 including preseason and we gave away our second round pick for CCJ! FFS!
The one positive was Luke Mac, has to be next skipper.
And the few glimpses from JHF.
Goldy and X tried.
LDU started amazingly.
The touted next skipper, Jy, kicked a couple but was largely unsighted.
Hall ran hard but made some bad mistakes.
The skills made my eyes bleed. The muffed kicks and handballs, dropped uncontested marks. Not even state league level.
and we look totally unfit again. Our inability to move the ball with venom and precision is glaring.
Stepho cannot play next week. His pre-season and first game have been deplorable. Where is bloke who torched Eagles last year?
CCJ, geezuz. I hope that was a down game.
Zurhaar all strut no impact today.
Lazzarro's skills, yuck.
TT invisible.
Powell unusually uncertain.
Corr looked proppy.
Our backline is horrific. Get the young guys in. They can't be worse.
The list management to let Taz go and not have another tall defender as insurance is almost criminal. And I'd kill for us to take a small forward like Stengle.

Last edited:
8 times because you said so or..? Before pulling stats out of your ass, give credit where it's due. He was one of our best today.

31 disposals @ 80% with 3 clangers.

Wanna have a guess how many other players in the team used the ball at over 80%?

Screenshot_20220320-160844.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zurhaar getting off very easily in this thread so far, he’s been absolute shite all preseason also.

I’d almost drop him after that.

Close to the worst on the ground.
I'm not saying you're wrong - Zurhaar was poor today.

But so was Larkey and I'm not seeing him get any sort of heat.

Probably because our entire forward structure was poor and our forwards suffered as a result.

Zurhaar getting off very easily in this thread so far, he’s been absolute shite all preseason also.

I’d almost drop him after that.

Close to the worst on the ground.

Yeah seemed to be everywhere the ball wasnt. Basically no impact

I'm not saying you're wrong - Zurhaar was poor today.

But so was Larkey and I'm not seeing him get any sort of heat.

Probably because our entire forward structure was poor and our forwards suffered as a result.

Larkey presented and got smashed against 2 defenders quite a bit. He still kicked 2.1 from a quiet game.

When Bull could be ****ed and when he wasn’t trying to do a headliner thing, he turned it over constantly.

CT was poor. I dont care if you chase your arse off, fumble, missed easy handballs, missed targets not ******* good enough from someone with the skills to execute.

Im not singling him out, he was in a solid group that took the absolute piss out of us today
Tend to agree but one thing you can give him that you couldn’t many others was that effort. It sucks we have to praise that

A source has told me several times that we are the club most affected by covid preseason and that it had held us back. Hope he is right. At least we would have a partial excuse.

Wouldn’t be surprised if number 26 is listed in the next 48 hours. They played him out of position all game

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Wouldn’t be surprised if number 26 is listed in the next 48 hours. They played him out of position all game

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

TT was one of the first on our list to get it

FWIW GK isn't wrong, basically everyone on our list has had it

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 1 - Deja Vu

Remove this Banner Ad

Back